Reviews (1-2 of 2)
March 01, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
We use Marketo as our main communication tool to connect with prospects, customers, and partners. It makes it easier to communicate with specific accounts based on accounts.
- It is essentially open source, so you can do whatever you want with it. If you have the time and designated resources, you can make it do almost anything you want as far as marketing automation.
- I like the community of users. It offers a chance to connect with Marketo experts even if you are the lone Marketo wolf in your organization.
- The ability to utilize existing templates for marketing design helps a lot when you are just getting started --- especially if you don't have an email designer on staff.
- If you don't have an email designer on staff and you don't like to do design research on your own, it can be awfully hard to use the design studio. Templates break all the time, and I've lost many, many, many emails from breaking the html template.
- If you want an out of the box solution, the isn't for you. It would be nice to have an easier way to get sample programs to pull in when you are pressed for time and just want it done.
- Need a way to test how your emails will look in various email programs without leaving Marketo
Read Kate Currin Seiferth's full review
If you have the time and resources to utilize it, then it's great. It works well for running drip campaigns to nurture new leads online. I also like that it integrates well with many other programs such as BrightTalk.
October 20, 2017
Score 6 out of 10
Marketo ABM is being used by the marketing department and is integrated directly with Marketo, used by the sales team and marketing teams. It helped link individual leads and contact with client and prospect accounts so we could see a whole account picture, not just a single person snapshot of activity.
- Integrated with Marketo
- Matched leads and contacts to accounts
- Good integration network with third party vendors / products
- Didn't help us score accounts/ prospects any better. Scoring is relative, but it wasn't indicative of actual interest or need at the account level. When 2 people read the same email, usually means it's delegated rather than 2 people are interested.
- Didn't help uncover more 'hot' accounts for our sales team through Salesforce. It generates a very marketing-team only view of accounts.
- Segmentation doesn't enable us to target roles or personas differently. It provides department-level segmentation but not intra-departmental role segmentation
Read this authenticated review
If you love Marketo and are looking for ease of integration, this is perfect. If you are really trying to help and influence the behavior of a sales team, it's not the right product. If you're very well instrumented in your sales and marketing stack already, and have a very clearly defined account-based marketing and sales strategy, this will help. If you're not well organized, this product will only add to the chaos.
Marketo ABM Scorecard Summary
About Marketo ABM
Marketo ABM Competitors
Marketo ABM Technical Details