Cross-Sell and Upsell - Achieve higher lifetime customer value by providing adjacent products and services
Lead Management - Nurture prospects through the buying …
Influence sales opportunities through Marketing campaigns.
Personalise web and email content to improve engagement/traffic/user experience.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Lead nurturing (871)8.686%
- List management (889)8.484%
- Email deliverability reporting (1501)7.979%
- Standard reports (874)7.575%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe Marketo Engage, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optionalOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Supported: WYSIWYG email editor
- Supported: Dynamic content
- Supported: Ability to test dynamic content
- Supported: Landing pages
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: Mobile optimization
- Supported: Email deliverability reporting
- Supported: List management
- Supported: Triggered drip sequences
- Supported: Lead nurturing
- Supported: Lead scoring and grading
- Supported: Data quality management
- Supported: Automated sales alerts and tasks
- Supported: Calendaring
- Supported: Event/webinar marketing
- Supported: Social sharing and campaigns
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: API
- Supported: Role-based workflow & approvals
- Supported: Customizability
- Supported: Integration with Salesforce.com
- Supported: Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Supported: Integration with SugarCRM
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS|
The software is intuitive and huge documentation is available to guide you. Plus the Marketo support is so quick to answer anything questions or concerns that come your way. I use other marketing automation tools also but this is by far my favorite.
1) Before you build your architecture, plan out the strategy behind it based on business goals, reporting needs, etc. then work backwards to determine what/how you need to build to achieve these goals in the most efficient and scalable way.
2) Enforce governance on your Marketo team. Ensure anyone who has access is properly trained, both on Marketo and how your organization uses it. Control user access with user profile permissions.
3) Document your Marketo configurations. This will be useful for training purposes, for reference when changes need to be made in the future, and when there is team turnover.
4) Test anything you build before you go live with it.
Lessons - documentation and testing, Marketo is a robust tool that expands across many different teams within an organization. One small change may affect downstream processes that you were unaware of. Test and document to pass on and share processes that others need to be aware of through out your organization.
My number one recommendation would be establishing standards early, and enforcing them at every turn. Marketo gives you tools like tokens, segments and landing page and email templates - use them!
The more you can standardize common use cases, the quick you can execute campaigns. As an example, we took the build time for a live webinar program from 4 hours to 45 minutes. Huge time savings and reduces errors with the use of tokens!
Data Structure / Synchs - We have alot of custom tables in our SFDC and our previous platform Adobe Campaign took care of alot of the logic for updating values. Re-examine these work flows and shift the automation to other apps. Being a B2B company we had alot of Company specific data and Marketo is centered around Contacts/people... this also need to be rethought as that data is used for targeting and segmenting.
Templates - With more democratized access you will need to make it easier for everyone to be doing things the "right" way... standard templates for look and feel and ways of doing things
User Access - with improved usability there can be a broader user base which is great for productivity but is also means you must think about training and control and mass update procedure as Marketo has a decentralized control philosophy.
Graduated Access levels - this is manual but create levels for users to graduate to... more access has to be earned and quality of work is peer reviewed.
The greatest lesson I learned is that this whole ROI measurement is not just about the software, but also about the expertise of the people who make this software. For that, I am forever grateful to the Marketo team.