Marketo Reviews

1942 Ratings

October 04, 2019

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I would push harder on the Salesforce integration because that needs some upgrading to keep up with other products.
September 10, 2019

Evaluation Lessons Learned

Since I was not a part of the initial team, it is difficult for me to say what I would change. I think that my organization was very thorough in looking at every conceivable category before choosing to go with Marketo. One thing I would definitely be sure to evaluate is the availability of customer support and training videos, sessions, and other materials.
August 20, 2019
Akande Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I don't think we would adjust our evaluation and selection process.
Read Akande Davis's full review
November 13, 2018
Kristina Schroffel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I'd probably ask other people by researching review sites and talking to people who use the tool, but also I remember back when I learned Marketo there weren't as many users of Marketo as there are now so it has definitely gotten to be more common recently.
Read Kristina Schroffel's full review
June 15, 2016
Steve Susina | TrustRadius Reviewer

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I'd research the informal education and support. I didn't research this in advance, and luckily It's worked out very well with Marketo and their user community, LinkedIn groups, etc. Before I started using Marketo I didn't consider how much I would learn from such peer communities. I've found that I can answer most of my support issues with a quick search of the online community without resorting to opening a formal trouble ticket.
Read Steve Susina's full review
June 07, 2016
Brittany Stover | TrustRadius Reviewer

Evaluation Lessons Learned

I believe that our company made the right decision in picking Marketo to be our marketing automation platform. Looking back and reviewing the way we made our decision I find little I would change about it. One thing that could have made the evaluation experience even better would be to look more on the social presence. Everyone has an opinion and checking out reviews such as this one in greater detail would be beneficial. Other than that I believe we took the right time to do our extensive research between all automation providers and landing on Marketo. The price, functionality, and ease of use outweighed the competition.
Read Brittany Stover's full review
November 05, 2015
Kristi Eide | TrustRadius Reviewer

Evaluation Lessons Learned

As you increase your knowledge of automation systems you know better which questions to ask. I would still base it on the same questions and factors, but I would look harder into the learning curve for using the system, ease of the user interface and reporting. I would still choose Marketo though!
Read Kristi Eide's full review
May 01, 2018

Evaluation Lessons Learned

We had a great process. The worst part was implementation had to be rushed so we we're not without.

WYSIWYG email editor (647)
Dynamic content (620)
Ability to test dynamic content (604)
Landing pages (661)
6.6
A/B testing (643)
Mobile optimization (628)
Email deliverability reporting (1307)
List management (685)
Triggered drip sequences (619)
Lead nurturing (679)
Lead scoring and grading (656)
Data quality management (653)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (629)
Calendaring (511)
6.3
Event/webinar marketing (608)
Social sharing and campaigns (389)
6.1
Social profile integration (364)
6.2
Dashboards (639)
6.5
Standard reports (675)
6.6
Custom reports (641)
API (582)
Role-based workflow & approvals (504)
Customizability (610)
Integration with Salesforce.com (587)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (178)
Integration with SugarCRM (112)
6.0

What is Marketo?

Marketo Engage aims to help marketing teams drive demand and growth in their companies by delivering exceptional experiences in concert with sales at every stage of the customer journey.

The challenge these teams face is that everyone today expects a personalized experience whenever they interact with a company - they don’t have patience for generic marketing and the last thing they want is a cold call from sales. So to stay competitive, marketing teams are scrambling to understand customers better, so they can give them a better experience, because this is disrupting entire industries. And a big part of what’s needed is figuring out how marketing and sales can do a better job together.

The vendor states Marketo Engage redefines Marketing Automation by helping these companies bring together the customer data, content, automation and analytics needed for marketing and sales to coordinate engagement with customers that’s personalized and measurable at every touchpoint - and do it with efficiency and scale.

Marketo Screenshots