Marketwired Reviews

Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry) | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 19, 2017

A look at Marketwired

Pros and Cons

• It allowed me to get coverage on online websites that I could pitch via telephone or email.
  • I almost always got 5-8 pieces of coverage for each story distributed. Sometimes it would get picked up via a newspaper and go much wider.
  • Getting online coverage helps my clients with SEO.
  • Marketwired has recently changed its online platform. It is more complex than necessary. I used it many times and still often had to call the help desk for advice. Sometimes there would be 'bugs' in the system that were out of my control and even the help desk struggled to resolve it.
  • I used to simply email the news release & photos to the help desk and they'd get it out for me on time. It was effective and I appreciated the excellent customer service. Now the help desk are no longer allowed to distribute on a client's behalf, which is frustrating - even if you struggle using the online system.
  • The section of the online platform I found most confusing was around which media a news story would be distributed too. There are a lot of choices and it wasn't obvious to me as to how they were sub-divided. I often had to check with the help desk to ensure I'd made the best selection for the news story.
  • The level of customer service has declined. My account manager who previously provided excellent service was moved to another role as part of an internal restructure. Many team members at my agency voiced frustrations with the level of customer care.
Read Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry)'s full review
Nathan Illsley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Marketwired allows you to create a very tailored distribution list to ensure adequate pickup with your intended target demographic.
  • Marketwired allows you to track your placements so that you have a full list of where your release appeared.
  • Marketwired gives detailed reports of how many clicks your release received and how many impressions you've earned.
  • Incorporation of social media would be helpful.
  • More customization of distribution lists.
  • Additional niche specialty areas for distribution.
Read Nathan Illsley's full review
Dian Razak | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 29, 2016

Marketwired Review

Pros and Cons

• Easy to use dashboard with pre-selected newslines and industries.
  • Quite a comprehensive results dashboard that details the outreach of where your releases go.
  • For non-online releases (they just recently changed this), an editor will call you to verify your releases and they are very detailed in reading your article for any grammatical errors and other recommendations.
  • They recently changed that all online releases do not need verification. So there isn't a physical extra person screening the submission.
  • The topics of our press releases are very industry specific (healthcare and medical) - based on the results dashboard, the newlines and 'corridors' that they are sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.
Read Dian Razak's full review
Nicole Iannucci | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Great customer service. We are always pleased with their prompt response on issues or problems.
  • Helpful to our clients.
  • Easy billing.
  • I don't know about the other services marketwired offers [beyond News Distribution] - and no one has reached out to me to discuss. I think there is definitely room to improve on existing clients relations - we are quite happy with the service we use, but I'm sure there is more we could be doing with Marketwired
Read Nicole Iannucci's full review

Marketwired Scorecard Summary

About Marketwired

Marketwired is press release distribution, media targeting, influencer engagement and financial disclosure software for PR, investor relations, and marketers.

In 2015, Sysomos social media listening and analytics was spun off of Marketwired, and in 2016 Marketwired itself was acquired by Nasdaq.

Today Marketwired includes 5 products: Marketwired Resonate, Marketwired Influencers, News Distribution, IR/PR Newsroom (Impress), and Media Database (Mediahub).

Marketwired Technical Details