January 19, 2017
Score 4 out of 10
Read Charlotte Gilmour (nee Sherry)'s full review
Pros and Cons
- It allowed me to get coverage on online websites that I could pitch via telephone or email.
- I almost always got 5-8 pieces of coverage for each story distributed. Sometimes it would get picked up via a newspaper and go much wider.
- Getting online coverage helps my clients with SEO.
- Marketwired has recently changed its online platform. It is more complex than necessary. I used it many times and still often had to call the help desk for advice. Sometimes there would be 'bugs' in the system that were out of my control and even the help desk struggled to resolve it.
- I used to simply email the news release & photos to the help desk and they'd get it out for me on time. It was effective and I appreciated the excellent customer service. Now the help desk are no longer allowed to distribute on a client's behalf, which is frustrating - even if you struggle using the online system.
- The section of the online platform I found most confusing was around which media a news story would be distributed too. There are a lot of choices and it wasn't obvious to me as to how they were sub-divided. I often had to check with the help desk to ensure I'd made the best selection for the news story.
- The level of customer service has declined. My account manager who previously provided excellent service was moved to another role as part of an internal restructure. Many team members at my agency voiced frustrations with the level of customer care.