Mavenlink Reviews

Rachel Stantliff | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 02, 2019

Mavenlink: A Masterful Tool for Project Management

Alternatives Considered

While Trello is very visual, it doesn't have the same, robust abilities that Mavenlink has for time-tracking, burn rates, and timelines. My design and development teams love the visual aspects of Trello for QA and for Content Layout of website builds, but Trello lacks all the things that Mavenlink provides for managing a project from start to finish. Smartsheet is basically a glorified spreadsheet system and doesn't come close to comparing to Mavenlink. Asana is okay for managing issues/bugs but isn't as robust as Mavenlink.
Read Rachel Stantliff's full review
Scott Gellatly | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2019

The Hottest Project and Resource Planning tool for services business

Alternatives Considered

Mavenlink is the only platform that gave me a balance between a great, intuitive user experience with good reporting, good templates, and resource/capacity planning.
Read Scott Gellatly's full review
Mark Whitlock | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2019

Mavenlink is the high-powered, company-wide project management tool you've been longing for

Alternatives Considered

Note: I used these in other agencies and other companies before coming to Golden Spiral. While the interfaces and mobile functionality for Asana and Trello are much nicer than Mavenlink, they just don't have the power and connectivity of MVL. Microsoft Project requires a slide rule and an on-staff engineer to operate properly. Basecamp is nice and we use it in some ways, but it doesn't have the wide breadth of features that MVL does. The ones I listed are like driving a Yugo. Mavenlink is like driving a V8.
Read Mark Whitlock's full review
August 13, 2019

Thoughts on Mavenlink after 2 years...

Alternatives Considered

We have evaluated about 15 different project management platforms and narrowed down our list to only five (Celoxis, Sciforma, Podio, Mavenlink, and Teamwork). Other solutions we evaluated were not able either to meet our vendor security requirements or were not flexible in pricing (or had costly integrations and add-ons that we needed but they were not included). Other reasons were lack of 24/7 and multilingual support, only one user interface language (English, but we needed French, German, and more), absence of a dedicated account manager from a vendor, and overall user experience.
July 26, 2019

Mavenlink: The PM software that let us down in a big way.

Alternatives Considered

We have since switched over to JIRA and let me tell you, it was probably the best decision we have made as a company. We chose Mavenlink based on promises from the sales team about future roadmap work that really never happened. We thought Mavenlink would easily integrate with our billing software but we couldn't have been more wrong. We ended up never utilizing Mavenlink invoices as they don't even allow you to fully customize your invoices that go out to clients!
July 01, 2019

Frustrating tool for workers

Alternatives Considered

I preferred Salesforce better. In Salesforce, I would have a query view of all my projects on one page that I'd bookmark. Then, I'd update each project when needed (that's 3 clicks, from bookmark, to clicking on project, to description). Mavenlink, it takes so much more. There is such a thing as a query view of all my projects, but that doesn't work. It gives me projects that I wasn't assigned but was just added to it.

Besides SFDC for project updates, I haven't used any other similar software. I've used Workday for timesheet several years ago and didn't remember it being that much of a pain. Mavenlink is pretty average on timesheet's ease of use.
May 30, 2019

Easy to use, very granular reporting and awesome collaboration functions!

Alternatives Considered

We performed an in-depth review of Wrike and Mavenlink and found Mavenlink to outshine Wrike in every category which mattered to our organization and business units. We looked at several case studies in similar companies as ours and found that Mavenlink best aligned with our needs, especially around reporting which is where Mavenlink really outshined Wrike.
Chandler Elmore | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2018

An Expensive but Robust Platform

Alternatives Considered

Mavenlink is much more robust than other project management platforms that we have used in the past. The ability to match each task to a preset time, budget and invoice objective is better than their competitors. It is also worth noting that Mavenlink has the built-in time tracker for employees to use, a nice and convenient feature.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
Ben White | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 01, 2017

Mavenlink Your Way to Success - Your Team Will Love You For It

Alternatives Considered

Mavenlink takes the best of what Basecamp, Harvest, and Trello have to offer and combines them into one easy-to-use, intuitive, cloud based suite. It's nice to have all of these different functionalities built into one place, that also features a dedicated customer support representative to help along the way. Mavenlink even offers intensive training at subscription startup and also offers their own optimization insights once they get to know how your team tries to accomplish workflow goals.
Read Ben White's full review
Karissa Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2017

Mavenlink was the perfect solution for our tech and telecom pr, marketing and event planning firm

Alternatives Considered

I found Dropbox (at least the free version) a bit tedious and time consuming. I didn't find the portal as easy to use or organized as Mavenlink.
Read Karissa Campbell's full review
Haider Alleg | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2016

Mavenlink is rocksolid for Consulting Firms

Alternatives Considered

We found Mavenlink to be better designed, and it gave a pro feeling to our customers with very few tweaks. It had its own way to define projects steps but way simpler than having none like Asana or too complicated as with ProWorkflow (the features are pretty close though on that one). We also felt that the analytics were stronger with Mavenlink.
Read Haider Alleg's full review
Micquella Anthony | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 22, 2016

Mavenlink is here - put the .mpp down and slowly back away!!

Alternatives Considered

• Workfront (AtTask at the time) didn't have anywhere near the same resource planning usability or functionality. They were significantly more expensive without some of the key features we needed.
  • Microsoft Project has a much more familiar editing interface, but we were limited with the licenses that would let everyone open an .mpp. We also didn't have the support for the shared server that might have allowed that and joined our resource and project planning - even when we looked at this though, overall it didn't seem as user-friendly.
Read Micquella Anthony's full review
Carlton Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 30, 2016

Used it for 2 years, and still find it hard to use. Pricing not as simple as it seems on the surface.

Alternatives Considered

At the time when I signed my 3-year contract, it seemed like Mavenlink was the best deal since they offered quarterly billing. However, with 20/20 hindsight, I would have selected either Project Bubble, Redbooth, or Basecamp. With so many of these tools abounding these days, it's probably better not to be locked into any sort of contract. Admittedly, finding the right project management tool for you has to be trial and error.
Read Carlton Smith's full review
Massimo Emilione | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 29, 2016

Mavenlink Review from a consultant

Alternatives Considered

It's easier to use Mavenlink because I am already assigned to projects that I am working. I save time when I don't have to sift through a list of 80 projects to find my current projects nor do I have to let the system admin know that the project is closed. Our project manager will know when a project is still active or not. Also I am able to provide better documentation of the work being performed.
Read Massimo Emilione's full review
Jodi Jahrling | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2015

They started out good for the price.

Alternatives Considered

We initially selected Mavenlink for ease of use and clean, simple interface. The price helped too.
But all of this has changed for the worse. This was the first solution we have tried and would like to move on to better, but are now locked into a contract until next year.
Read Jodi Jahrling's full review

Email integration (27)
Mobile Access (24)
4.4
Timesheet Tracking (30)
Change request and Case Management (22)
6.2
Budget and Expense Management (26)
Quotes/estimates (1)
Invoicing (17)
6.4
Project & financial reporting (20)
Integration with accounting software (14)

About Mavenlink

Mavenlink provides project management and task collaboration software for small to mid-sized professional services companies. The vendor says the software was built for teams whose mission is to provide exceptional service while balancing ever-changing parameters such as budgets, timelines, and people. The software is geared towards:

• Marketing Agencies

Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Has featureInvoicing
Has featureProject & financial reporting
Has featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureBudget and Time Estimates

Mavenlink Screenshots

Mavenlink Integrations

Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Google For Work, Intuit QuickBooks, Microsoft Office

Mavenlink Competitors

OpenAir PSA, Clarizen, Workfront, Basecamp, Deltek TrafficLIVE, Workamajig, Planview PPM Pro (formerly Innotas), TeamWork

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
  • Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Teams$19annually, for up to 5 users. Additional Users: $4/month/user
Premier$49For larger customers, price can go as low as $10.
Professional$29per user, per month