McAfee Endpoint Security Reviews

February 13, 2020
Tanish Pruthi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The fact that my laptop's full hard drive is encrypted and a very long is password is required after switching on the laptop to enter is quite reassuring in terms of security.
  • Never has my laptop been affected by a virus or malware. It quite often gets updates of the latest virus definitions that are wreaking havoc in the world.
  • My biggest flak with McAfee Endpoint Security is that it is quite resource-intensive. It does tend to make the system a little slow. You get security at the expense of your machine's speed.
  • Even though the drive encryption makes the system more secure, it takes a lot of time to first enter the very long password, and then for it to decrypt the whole machine. This sometimes clashes with Windows update and causes a lot of complications which leads to boot loops.
Read Tanish Pruthi's full review
March 16, 2020

Pros and Cons

• The detection level is better than Windows defender.
  • The e-policy orchestration management console that comes with it enables us to oversee the devices remotely, run scans on the endpoints, and update their virus definitions forcibly.
  • It sends regular updates and therefore each endpoints stays safe individually.
  • Furthermore, it has a very easy to understand interface.
  • The amount of false detections especially the negative ones needed to be reduced.
  • It requires more optimization. It tends to make the PCs slower.
  • It almost doesn't have the ability to heal. This is very important as we need our sensitive data to be recoverable.
  • It doesn't have any free scanning functionality. Our users using personal machines cannot scan in case of an incident. This could be added like Malwarebytes.
February 26, 2020

Pros and Cons

• It provides excellent visibility of threats so that we can quickly identify them.
  • With its EPO product, it centralizes all security products into one umbrella.
  • It brings all features into one single agent.
  • Because it is signature-based, its VirusScan product is not able to identify zero days.
  • It is not recommended for the more advanced malware out there.
  • Sometimes it can use a lot of resources on the workstation.
December 27, 2019

• Encryption
  • Antivirus protection
  • Time-out during on-demand scanning on end users.
December 14, 2019

Pros and Cons

• McAfee is vetted with all major application (it plays nice with others).
  • It has a robust detection engine, both on demand and scheduled scans.
  • McAfee can be unwieldy to manage (it takes a trained staff to run it).
  • It's not a fool-proof zero-day solution.
May 31, 2019
Ralf Richter | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Good central management.
  • Very stable with the clients.
  • Slows down the client a little bit.
  • Additional software needed, while Cisco AMP is already installed and licensed.
Read Ralf Richter's full review
March 28, 2019

Pros and Cons

• Always blocks junky links, websites, and advertisements by connecting with Explorer. It gives extra protection to our work.
  • Another important thing is the password manager tool. So this tool gives us easy pathways for working with our things. It means when we log into the same account multiple times we don’t have to type the password every time, this software stores our password. So we can easily log into same account without typing thepassword. This is important for those of us with a busy life and for lazy people 😉
  • This software is easy to use and can do a faster scan. We can scan whole apps within 1 to 2 minutes. And also we can schedule a regular scan and it’s a very easy way to secure things and optimize the device.
  • This software is very complex. It means when I was starting to work with this software I couldn't understand whole features but after two weeks it was fine. First time loggers need to give extra time to understand.
  • According to my view I think the software is a little bit expensive.
  • Sometimes this software slows down the pc and sometimes it automatically shut down. But it’s not a big problem.
May 28, 2018
Dharma raju | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• This seems like a very advanced program for protecting data. It provides security while browsing the web, sending e-mails, uploading data to the cloud, etc.
  • The GUI is wonderful and simple to use.
  • Deployment and administration are fast and easy.
  • Takes more CPU utilization and a lot of memory.
  • When the system is under scan it will hang the screen and other processes are very difficult to work with.
Read Dharma raju's full review
May 25, 2018
Tom Parker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• It is one of the top rated solutions for endpoint protection.
  • Large user community.
  • Does not use an exorbitant amount of resources to run.
  • component and signature updates were not always being deployed automatically.
  • Too many threats were not being stopped.
Read Tom Parker's full review
December 19, 2017
Christopher &quot;Scott&quot; Pandolfo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Uses minmal system resources, it does not bog down servers or user resources.
  • Intuitive to use, very simple and easy to manage.
  • Support is easy to get and fast to respond.
  • Too many false positive and negatives.
  • The software is very aggresive, and intrusive.
  • Hard to remove the software when you decide to.
Read Christopher "Scott" Pandolfo's full review
March 29, 2017
Roberta Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The software suite works really well at protecting our servers from malware and viruses. We have never experienced downtime because of a system intrusion that McAfee allowed to access our network. McAfee is always updating to keep up with new viruses or threats that are circulating the computer world so it's always ready to shield our systems from new threats as well as old threats.
  • McAfee's customer service is above par! I receive notices about renewing our software about 3 months before our contract end date. I don't stop receiving reminders and notices until we've actually renewed our agreement. McAfee is also great at notifying it's users when their product is out of date. There are times when we've gotten very busy and forgot top renew our agreement despite all of the reminders that we received. McAfee notified us immediately via the software installed on our system and sent a notification via email to let us know there was a problem.
  • McAfee also integrates well with the other security software that we have installed. They don't interfere with each other causing system problems or other alerts. McAfee is also very easy to install and maintain. It doesn't take the knowledge of a server admin to get the software installed and running correctly. You can manage the software remotely or on-site with an easy to use dashboard that allows you to remove or add devices at will.
  • I would not use any type of McAfee product on any personal computer that I have because I don't think it works well unless it's bundled with other security software. When using McAfee as my computer's single source of protection from viruses and malware, the software did not keep my computer from being infected. When the software is paired with other software and hardware used for network security, it does a great job of protecting the system. For instance, when I downloaded a file that actually had a virus in it, McAfee ran a scan on the download and said it was clean, but the moment I opened the file on my computer, my system became infected with malware.
  • When using McAfee on a desktop or laptop, I've also seen where there were issues where it would conflict with other software installed on the device. I don't see these issues with McAfee running on our servers; only on desktops and laptops. Sometimes McAfee would report that a program had a virus or that a program was infected with malware and really it was just a regular program file that had no infections at all. I don't like false detections because it makes you spend hours running additional virus scans looking for something that doesn't exist. At other times, I would attempt to open a software program on my computer and it wouldn't open because a system file it needed to run was deleted by McAfee during a previous scan.
  • I like to run an automated virus scan when my computer is first turned on, but I've noticed that this function drastically slows down my computer. For the most part, McAfee does not drain your computer's resources, but if you have it set up to run when you first log into your desktop after turning your computer on then it will drastically slow down the speed of your computer. To try and get around this issue I just avoid opening any other programs while the scan is running.
Read Roberta Jones's full review
November 28, 2018

Pros and Cons

• GUI is wonderful and simple to use.
  • The feature I like best would have to be the full encryption to prevent data theft from stolen laptops or mobile devices.
  • Mac and Linux operating systems are also supported.
  • The only weak point would have to be the updates from third party applications. Apart from that, it doesn't have any other flaws.
September 17, 2018

Pros and Cons

• McAfee Endpoint Security spared me from genuine assaults a few times. It happened while opening trick sends, introducing obscure programming projects and visiting less anchored sites.
  • With endpoint barrier advances McAfee Endpoint Security predicts and forestalls threats progressively before they taint your PC. These days with the change of the web innovations cyber assaults likewise expanded. As I am working in a major organization marketable strategies of our organization and their security are imperative for us. To keep our data sheltered and secure McAfee Endpoint Security is our decision among corporate endpoint assurance products.
  • The best feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is totally machine learning calculations to help recognize pernicious conduct. It persistently creates itself while shielding you and keeps you from new assaults.
  • As you may expect, McAfee's Endpoint Security can be expensive. It depends completely on the requirements of your business and would prescribe you contact an individual from their business group to figure out which features you require. They tweak the product so you can rest guaranteed that the majority of the vulnerabilities will be dealt with. I had a couple of associations with client support that were troublesome. In the event that you are new to the cyber-security scene, you should request that they place it in layman's terms.
  • It is normally substantial and makes the PC slower and to capitalize on it, it is important to have great equipment, another issue is that if the PC's working framework is exceptionally old, McAfee does not promise it will work, on the off chance that you need to exploit every one of the advantages of the framework you need to purchase the permit and it is extremely costly.
  • Now and again it responds while introducing another product which is protected. It is a bit irritating however considering that there would be some string or infection

McAfee Endpoint Security Scorecard Summary

Anti-Exploit Technology (5)
6.7
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (5)
Centralized Management (6)
Hybrid Deployment Support (5)
Infection Remediation (6)
6.7
Vulnerability Management (6)
6.1
Malware Detection (6)

What is McAfee Endpoint Security?

McAfee Endpoint Security supplants McAfee VirusScan Enterprise as the company's flagship antivirus and antimalware endpoint protection application, combining behavior monitoring and application containment.