Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Big learning curve for minimal results with dashboards, filters and reports.
- Very expensive for what it offers.
- Appalling customer service.
- Too many account limitations even with an expensive package.
- Difficult to customize properly.
- Irrelevant content is hard to filter out.
- Shady business practices.
- Negative Impact. Very little value provided at a high cost.
- Company news sentiment monitoring
- Following industry news
- Social Media sentiment monitoring
- Tracking PR campaign performance
- Tracking Social Media Campaigns performance
- None, we are stopping its use as soon as possible
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Any minor task becomes painful to complete
- Customer Service
- Media list building
- Media monitoring
- Meltwater seems to miss the smaller outlets we're pitching in smaller media markets. However, every time I ask them to add the outlet into their system, they get it done.
- This software has literally saved me countless hours of research. I find contacts I need quickly, and they pull the data on the media hits in for me quickly. There are not words to describe how valuable this is to my team.
- We used Meltwater's influencer database to target reporters across the U.S. to announce the opening of a community of high-tech, low-barrier tiny homes in Tallahassee, Florida. We scored national coverage as a result.
- We used Meltwater's monitoring platform to track earned media stories of a national association in order to prove ROI to the client and retain the contract.
- We used Meltwater's monitoring platform to showcase our PR team's listening ability for a tourism client pitch. We won the contract.
- Meltwater continues to improve and evolve to meet our needs, and that was unexpected given our past experience with Cision.
- Our support team at Meltwater has consistently helped us brainstorm and set up searches to use in both media pitches and new client pitches. They function as an extension of our team, and that's incredibly valuable to our small agency.
- The social listening component from Meltwater has proved to be a time-saver when building PR reports. Instead of having to rely on our Digital Division's team to locate social mentions from media outlets through Sprout, I can pull them myself in Meltwater.
- We hope to use their social influencer database in the next 6 months.
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Media monitoring
- Influencer searches
- Setting up dashboards
- None, but perhaps the most complex (because it takes more than two steps) is wire distribution. But even that is only complex for the initial set up. Once the client distribution account is set up, it's an insanely easy thing to do.
We originally purchased the tool to help us with our internal metrics and reporting too, but I'm finding that the features around tracking and reporting aren't as robust as I had hoped.
- I like the fact that I get morning and afternoon media monitoring reports delivered via email, so I can quickly see when our company, products, brands, or competitors are mentioned in the news. I also like that I can archive relevant stories directly from the monitoring report and easily add them to our company newsletter.
- Users can customize how frequently they receive media monitoring reports, and once stories are archived, newsletters can be set up to send automatically.
- Keyword searches allow users to find members of the media that cover relevant topics or stories most often. This helps when developing a targeted PR campaign.
- The reporting features are underwhelming and are not intuitive for users.
- Meltwater allows users to create several newsletter distribution groups, so you can send content specific newsletters to different audiences like execs, sales teams, HR, customers, engineers, etc., but you are only allowed one email newsletter template. While the content may change, the look of the newsletter is always the same no matter what the audience. I find this feature very limiting.
- There are no metrics around clicks, email opens, or other basic things you would normally track with an email newsletter.
- It is difficult to customize or even edit headlines, so you're often stuck with a headline as it appears in the media monitoring report. There is is no way to run any kind of basic A/B testing around different headlines, newsletter designs.
- I haven't even tried to send a press release via the "newsroom" feature, simply because it seems very difficult to do. Again, it's not very intuitive and there are no instructions, case studies, FAQs or best practices. Any support or training must be done over the phone with a Meltwater support rep.
- I don't feel that the tool is worth the big sticker price. At the cost of $51k per year, I expect a much deeper set of analytics
- It does save some time when it comes to building and distributing newsletters, but it is still fairly labor intensive overall. Often the results are not as accurate as one may hope. I find myself frequently tweaking the keywords we're tracking in an effort to get better results.
- Media Monitoring
- Keeping tabs on what competitors are doing
- Building and distributing employee newsletters
- We really want to explore the newsroom feature. Sending press releases via Meltwater will undoubtedly allow us to be more cost effective and targeted than using a wire service.
- Implemented in-house
- Coordinating with various employees around training.
- Having a broad set of keywords that initially led to inaccurate results.
- Training sessions were held over the phone and via webcast. Users watched the Meltwater rep walk through the features. I would have preferred on-site and hand-on training.
- It is easy to archive relevant stories and add them to a newsletter
- You can keep track of basic metrics at a glance (overall media hits, stories by region, stories by keyword, etc.)
- We do have a dedicated support person at Meltwater who is accessible and willing to help us when needed.
- Manually adding content is cumbersome. For example we often try and incorporate internal news posted on our company's intranet portal. These stories must be added manually using a specific process.
- I'm finding myself frequently tweaking key words in an effort to get better results and cut down on irrelevant hits around media monitoring.
- The newsroom feature seems very difficult to use, although to be fair, I haven't explored it much.