Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform
Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform
Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform was used by our communications department. If we saw anything (such as certain articles) that would …
Media monitoring based on keywords. Tracking sentiment and topic volume. Using the Influencer database to contact journalists. It is being …
Our mission is to uphold and strengthen Seattle University's reputation, image, and values. We seek to raise awareness about the …
As a public relations professional, every day is spent researching and finding contact information for the latest press send. Meltwater …
I use the platform on a daily basis to monitor news, create relationships with reporters, send press releases and track metrics, and …
Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform is an indispensable tool in our toolbox for media research, outreach and distribution, and media …
I use this for marketing and business development purposes. I find it doesn't provide much assistance and often gets companies I want to …
We [use Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] across our organization for media tracking and for their media database. A couple [of] core …
We use Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] as a search and monitoring tool within our marketing department. It allows us to see when …
Our department uses Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] to identify potential media contacts and track media hits. We use it for …
As a PR group, we need a reliable resource for capturing [the] news coverage we earn on behalf of our clients. We tested Meltwater [Media …
We use Meltwater as a News Aggregator tool and as a social media intelligence tool to a lesser degree. It helps business leaders to stay …
We primarily use Meltwater as a search and monitoring tool for the entire organization. It allows us to know when our brand is mentioned …
Meltwater is used to track and monitor the mention of our company in media outlets. We also use it to monitor key words that are important …
I worked with Meltwater to help get the word out about my distance learning site, eLearn.fyi.
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Meltwater Media Intelligence platform is a set of public relations software tools for media monitoring, social media monitoring, and collecting brand insights. The four areas of functionality are Monitor, Analyze, Distribute, and Engage. (Note that this product combines features from the vendor Meltwater's former Buzz, Press, and News products.)
The Meltwater Media Intelligence Solution
Frequently Asked Questions
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.8.
The most common users of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are from Mid-size Companies and the Public Relations & Communications industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Saved time and labor by automating the media monitoring process
- Improved accuracy and frequency of reporting
- Kept us abreast of industry trends
- Informed us of competitors' advancements
- Improved PR reporting, for sure.
- Competitor analysis for clients and ourselves.
- A great ability to track the news and understand particular news drivers for certain industries, allowing us to get our client in front of the media at or before the perfect moment.
- The needle is moving. Seeing an increase in placement and being able to showcase stories about our people, initiatives, and university as a whole is slowly bringing more awareness.
- Internally, there is a growing recognition that storytelling and providing strategic visibility in the media to our people, initiatives, and overall university offerings, in fact, is a tide that raises all boats.
- Clients love the media monitoring analytics we provide.
- We successfully hit benchmarks for client media coverage.
- It allows us to not have to invest in multiple platforms to accomplish daily tasks.
- Increased brand recognition among key reporters
- More effective distribution of owned media
- Increased reach and diversity of media/journalists.
- Excellent reports for clients on ROI for specific events, issues and projects.
- None. [I believe it was a] waste of money [and that] it doesn't do what they say it will.
- As a PR firm, we rely on the media databases that [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] supplies to deliver the media exposure that they expect from us.
- We utilize their tracking of media hits for our overall reporting to our clients.
- Both of these are advantageous in helping us to not only keep our existing clients happy but also to gain new clients (and, in turn - revenue), as well.
- Organization and reporting
- Connections and contacts
- Improved PR reporting
- A higher likelihood of having pitches land with journalists
- We were able to use Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] to generate media coverage reports that were impressive to clients and mostly effective at demonstrating the value of the results we were showing. That's of utmost importance when you're trying to justify a client's spending with you.
- Ultimately, there were too many limits on what we could and couldn't do with Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform]. [In my experience] if we wanted greater access, more saved searches, and influencers, we would have to pay more, which made no sense when you compare the value to other platforms.
- Negative Impact. Very little value provided at a high cost.
- We do not have a quantifiable ROI for Meltwater. We have had success in using it to reach out to a few news organizations that we would not have been able to reach without Meltwater, but it is a relatively limited scope.
- Meltwater helps us evaluate and analyze our press efforts and media connections.
- Incredible return!!! Meltwater helped me get into the New York Times. That NY Times story opened doors around the world. You can't put a number on what's that worth.
- It's really been totally useless for us. No kidding, ZERO value.
- No positive ROI
- No way to monitor ROI.
- Additional time spent learning new tool.
- It allows us to monitor and find content from influences, making the fulfillment of partnerships easy to track.
- Brand listening helps us to catch customer service issues before they turn into an online complaint.
- Meltwater Media Intelligence was the most expensive software we utilized, and comparative services are much more cost-efficient`. Even if it's a first-year introductory cost for another service, it's still worth it.
- Our team spent a lot of time working with their technical support to fix glitches, inquire as to why something wasn't working, and double-check a lot of their engagement to make sure it was working correctly. A lot of time wasted.
- The additional time of fending off the reps, emailing needs, missing deadlines about renewals because they weren't communicated was also a time suck, and incredibly disappointing.
- Class sizes have grown
- Meltwater has become a trusted partner in educating our future professionals
- Has allowed the school to add a new online concentration for digital analytics and marketing
- Keeping it in-house: With Meltwater, we have been able to save a ton of money on media monitoring by bringing it in-house. Meltwater allows us the ability to monitor and pull reports for our internal stakeholders that look professional and board meeting ready.
- Comparable pricing: For the amount that we pay for this service, we get all the tools we need. We used to have a host of different tools, this allows us to have all aggregated information we need in one easy platform.
- Information is king: Real-time alerts allow our communications team to stay up to date! When our CEO asks us to pull a story or mentions a media hit we need to be able to quickly identify the content, Meltwater allows us to do so in record time. With the mobile app, we are usually already in the know and can easily send content to the entire team.
- Stay abreast on sentiment
- Knowing trending topics surrounding our business
- Our most affordable package still requires us to pull from other companies.
- Allows us to keep track of all media mentions
- Provides specific deliverables to our board
- Shows growth year over year with specific data
- A huge positive impact that we've had is that we are able to easily create post-event media reports for our clients. The shareable Dashboards are a great addition and have really helped us streamline that process.