Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Improved PR reporting
- Time saved finding media contacts
- Time saved sending email blasts
- It's not that popular among the faculties compared to the service we used previously
- It's quite complex to learn
- Time saved utilizing resources that pertain to our engagement work.
- Time saved developing reports for clients.
- Expanded our service offering based on Meltwater tools to service different client needs.
- Metric monitoring
- PR analysis
- Meltwater does save time in creating/exporting media lists - I would spend at least twice as much time without it. The way it's organized and you can download it as an excel spreadsheet is nice.
- Meltwater does save time when it comes to searching for media mentions - although I do conduct other searches via Google News and Talkwalker just to make sure we're not missing anything.
- Meltwater provides insight on who is mentioning your brand. I do think there are other tools that do this, too, however.
- Improved conversion rate
- Brand awareness
- Staying on top of industry trends
- Improved quality of media monitoring
- Saved time on media monitoring activities
- Enabled the ability to easily disseminate media monitoring throughout the business
- Identified influencers that our clients have ended up working with
- Identified media coverage that was not picked up by Cision
- Improvement in distribution
- Media monitoring
- The needle is moving. Seeing an increase in placement and being able to showcase stories about our people, initiatives, and university as a whole is slowly bringing more awareness.
- Internally, there is a growing recognition that storytelling and providing strategic visibility in the media to our people, initiatives, and overall university offerings, in fact, is a tide that raises all boats.
- Clients love the media monitoring analytics we provide.
- We successfully hit benchmarks for client media coverage.
- It allows us to not have to invest in multiple platforms to accomplish daily tasks.
- Organization and reporting
- Connections and contacts
- Improved PR reporting
- A higher likelihood of having pitches land with journalists
- Saved time and labor by automating the media monitoring process
- Improved accuracy and frequency of reporting
- Kept us abreast of industry trends
- Informed us of competitors' advancements
- Improved PR reporting, for sure.
- Competitor analysis for clients and ourselves.
- A great ability to track the news and understand particular news drivers for certain industries, allowing us to get our client in front of the media at or before the perfect moment.
- We were able to use Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] to generate media coverage reports that were impressive to clients and mostly effective at demonstrating the value of the results we were showing. That's of utmost importance when you're trying to justify a client's spending with you.
- Ultimately, there were too many limits on what we could and couldn't do with Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform]. [In my experience] if we wanted greater access, more saved searches, and influencers, we would have to pay more, which made no sense when you compare the value to other platforms.
- Increased brand recognition among key reporters
- More effective distribution of owned media
- Increased reach and diversity of media/journalists.
- Excellent reports for clients on ROI for specific events, issues and projects.
- None. [I believe it was a] waste of money [and that] it doesn't do what they say it will.
- As a PR firm, we rely on the media databases that [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] supplies to deliver the media exposure that they expect from us.
- We utilize their tracking of media hits for our overall reporting to our clients.
- Both of these are advantageous in helping us to not only keep our existing clients happy but also to gain new clients (and, in turn - revenue), as well.
- Negative Impact. Very little value provided at a high cost.
- We do not have a quantifiable ROI for Meltwater. We have had success in using it to reach out to a few news organizations that we would not have been able to reach without Meltwater, but it is a relatively limited scope.
- Meltwater helps us evaluate and analyze our press efforts and media connections.
- It's really been totally useless for us. No kidding, ZERO value.
- Incredible return!!! Meltwater helped me get into the New York Times. That NY Times story opened doors around the world. You can't put a number on what's that worth.