Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
We originally purchased the tool to help us with our internal metrics and reporting too, but I'm finding that the features around tracking and reporting aren't as robust as I had hoped.
- I like the fact that I get morning and afternoon media monitoring reports delivered via email, so I can quickly see when our company, products, brands, or competitors are mentioned in the news. I also like that I can archive relevant stories directly from the monitoring report and easily add them to our company newsletter.
- Users can customize how frequently they receive media monitoring reports, and once stories are archived, newsletters can be set up to send automatically.
- Keyword searches allow users to find members of the media that cover relevant topics or stories most often. This helps when developing a targeted PR campaign.
- The reporting features are underwhelming and are not intuitive for users.
- Meltwater allows users to create several newsletter distribution groups, so you can send content specific newsletters to different audiences like execs, sales teams, HR, customers, engineers, etc., but you are only allowed one email newsletter template. While the content may change, the look of the newsletter is always the same no matter what the audience. I find this feature very limiting.
- There are no metrics around clicks, email opens, or other basic things you would normally track with an email newsletter.
- It is difficult to customize or even edit headlines, so you're often stuck with a headline as it appears in the media monitoring report. There is is no way to run any kind of basic A/B testing around different headlines, newsletter designs.
- I haven't even tried to send a press release via the "newsroom" feature, simply because it seems very difficult to do. Again, it's not very intuitive and there are no instructions, case studies, FAQs or best practices. Any support or training must be done over the phone with a Meltwater support rep.
- I don't feel that the tool is worth the big sticker price. At the cost of $51k per year, I expect a much deeper set of analytics
- It does save some time when it comes to building and distributing newsletters, but it is still fairly labor intensive overall. Often the results are not as accurate as one may hope. I find myself frequently tweaking the keywords we're tracking in an effort to get better results.
- Media Monitoring
- Keeping tabs on what competitors are doing
- Building and distributing employee newsletters
- We really want to explore the newsroom feature. Sending press releases via Meltwater will undoubtedly allow us to be more cost effective and targeted than using a wire service.
- Implemented in-house
- Coordinating with various employees around training.
- Having a broad set of keywords that initially led to inaccurate results.
- Training sessions were held over the phone and via webcast. Users watched the Meltwater rep walk through the features. I would have preferred on-site and hand-on training.
- It is easy to archive relevant stories and add them to a newsletter
- You can keep track of basic metrics at a glance (overall media hits, stories by region, stories by keyword, etc.)
- We do have a dedicated support person at Meltwater who is accessible and willing to help us when needed.
- Manually adding content is cumbersome. For example we often try and incorporate internal news posted on our company's intranet portal. These stories must be added manually using a specific process.
- I'm finding myself frequently tweaking key words in an effort to get better results and cut down on irrelevant hits around media monitoring.
- The newsroom feature seems very difficult to use, although to be fair, I haven't explored it much.