Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform
Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform
Meltwater was used by our communications department. If we saw anything (such as certain articles) that would be of particular interest to …
Media monitoring based on keywords. Tracking sentiment and topic volume. Using the Influencer database to contact journalists. It is being …
Our mission is to uphold and strengthen Seattle University's reputation, image, and values. We seek to raise awareness about the …
As a public relations professional, every day is spent researching and finding contact information for the latest press send. Meltwater …
I use the platform on a daily basis to monitor news, create relationships with reporters, send press releases and track metrics, and …
Meltwater is an indispensable tool in our toolbox for media research, outreach and distribution and media monitoring. I have recommended …
I use this for marketing and business development purposes. I find it doesn't provide much assistance and often gets companies I want to …
We [use Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] across our organization for media tracking, and for their media database. A couple [of] …
We use Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] as a search and monitoring tool within our marketing department. It allows us to see when …
Our department uses Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] to identify potential media contacts and track media hits. We use it for …
As a PR group, we need a reliable resource for capturing [the] news coverage we earn on behalf of our clients. We tested Meltwater [Media …
We use Meltwater as a News Aggregator tool and as a social media intelligence tool to a lesser degree. It helps business leaders to stay …
We primarily use Meltwater as a search and monitoring tool for the entire organization. It allows us to know when our brand is mentioned …
Meltwater is used to track and monitor the mention of our company in media outlets. We also use it to monitor key words that are important …
I worked with Meltwater to help get the word out about my distance learning site, eLearn.fyi.
We have attempted to use the tool for press and social media capture. We also wanted to leverage the dashboards to look at how we compare …
We use Meltwater News for marketing and public relations. Meltwater was purchased to monitor the USCAA and affiliated brands across news …
Our company mostly utilizes as a social listening tool. It gives one tool and provides automated reports for any social mentions.
Meltwater is a great tool for finding, archiving and managing your Influencer marketing efforts. In just minutes, you can use their …
My team (6 support specialists) and I used Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform to engage with a social audience of 2M+ and schedule …
We use Meltwater's dynamic digital and social media analytics platform to help educate and prepare students in American University's …
We are using Meltwater to monitor the media coverage that is generated around the freight railroad industry across the nation. We use the …
Meltwater has been very helpful in catching social posts that mention our brand. Most of them may have included our name misspelled or not …
We use it across the whole organization to track media pickups about our organization and our programs. It addresses how we're seen in the …
The Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform is utilized by the Marketing Department at Visit Frisco. It allows us to track media mentions of …
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Meltwater Media Intelligence platform is a set of public relations software tools for media monitoring, social media monitoring, and collecting brand insights. The four areas of functionality are Monitor, Analyze, Distribute, and Engage. (Note that this product combines features from the vendor Meltwater's former Buzz, Press, and News products.)
The Meltwater Media Intelligence Solution
Frequently Asked Questions
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.8.
The most common users of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are from Mid-size Companies and the Public Relations & Communications industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Dedicated customer success team
- Monitoring of online/digital articles
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface (after the initial set up)
- Print publication monitoring
- Social media monitoring
- Difficult to set up
- Provide reporter contact information
- Instant alerts for earned media and social media
- Daily or weekly newsletters on a specific topic delivered directly to inbox
- The dashboards are not user-friendly, customizable (color, font size, etc), or worthy of presenting to a client. All of the insights from a dashboard get pulled from the platform and placed into a more client-friendly presentation.
- Paywalls for certain publications connected to who-knows-what DowJones racket limits media monitoring capabilities and results in manual searches for a growing number of publications.
- TVeyes, the broadcast monitoring arm of the media monitoring capabilities, just needs TLC and to become more client-facing. Currently, the links produced to share clips look sketchy, and they have a relatively short shelf life.
- Social Media monitoring.
- Media monitoring allows us to quickly and easily see mentions in local, regional, and national media.
- Build focused topic lists so that we can pinpoint media outlets and writers based upon key priorities and initiatives we want to promote.
- Broadcast media, we would prefer to use one platform however currently Meltwater does not have all of the features we need/want and have had to also secure TVEyes to support.
- Reporter list building
- Client media monitoring and analysis
- Seamless outreach for press sends
- Speed of platform
- Real-time updating of reporter contacts
- Advanced search features
- Track and deliver metrics
- Provide access to reporters
- Great user design or UX
- Organize identical headlines into one item with a dropdown option for source
- Dashboard creation isn't instinctual to me
- Dynamic clean-up of media lists when reporters move jobs, retire, etc.
- Database is thorough and easy to use.
- Media monitoring systems are excellent.
- Social media analytics.
- Limit on the number of releases per day.
- [In my opinion,] it's not a very good at doing what they promise.
- It's not a very user-friendly program; [feels] convoluted.
- Customer service is sub-par.
- Media Tracking: as a PR firm, we rely on [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] to track media hits for our clients.
- Media Database: we use [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] to track down specific media contacts, in both national and local contexts.
- The user interface for their media database is cumbersome and it can be time consuming to find specific contacts.
- The account support has always been great. Technically & for best practices.
- Media contact lists and reports are good.
- Instant alerts for articles & social media hits.
- The platform is a bit complicated to navigate. It takes quite some time to learn and it can be frustrating and time consuming.
- Very expensive.
- Media tracking and tagging
- Media contact database
- It's not the most user-friendly platform I've ever used from a UX/UI perspective.
- The media contact database could use some more consistent updating.
- Sometimes its tracking does not track certain TV stations' or news outlets' media hits.
- The user interface is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate
- Reports are impressive
- Engaging the customer support team is fairly simple when needed
- Whatever algorithm they use to automatically apply sentiment to media coverage needs serious adjustment.
- It seems like Meltwater is a sales organization that offers media monitoring. [In my experience,] I've never used a product that offers so many features as upsell opportunities.
- Speaking of sales, [I believe] the front-line salespeople at Meltwater are the absolute worst. [I feel] I'd rather deal with a sleazy used car salesman in a cheap suit at a sketchy roadside lot than a hyper-aggressive, sell-anything-and-everything-at-all-costs Meltwater salesperson. [In my experience,] the salespeople we worked with were so aggressive that they bordered on sociopathic.
- Big learning curve for minimal results with dashboards, filters and reports.
- Very expensive for what it offers.
- Appalling customer service.
- Too many account limitations even with an expensive package.
- Difficult to customize properly.
- Irrelevant content is hard to filter out.
- Shady business practices.
- Meltwater has a good reach and makes it easy to add new media sources if they do not pick up brand mentions natively.
- The account support has always been good with Meltwater and we can typically resolve problems quickly.
- Meltwater has an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to get started.
- It would be nice to have more customization available with the dashboards and other widgets.
- I recently learned that you can create influencer lists from the general search results. It would be helpful to make that more clear for users.
- I wish there was an easier way to set up the boolean searches. Account managers are great to help but it seems like there has to be a way to make it easy for novices to get a search set up correctly.
- Monitor key words chosen by us.
- Produces great reports.
- Provides key influencers.
- Adding more influencers.
- You can easily find the right journalist at the right publication that will help your company grow.
- The automated outreach tool (that is connected to the database) makes outreach fast and easy.
- Big win for me was Meltwater's account team. They helped me every step of the way, not just with tactics but big picture strategy.
- Really none that I see. I love the software and services.
- Right now it does nothing well and support has refused to help us.
- The filters do not work against the numerous market research reports.
- The tool does not capture media from the industry we are in. We are seeing major gaps in what it should catch versus what it is actually capturing.
- The support is really horrible. The very first thing our customer service rep said to us was that he had to support over 80 clients and that we would not get any of his time. Well, he was right!
- There are few applications that the platform performs exceptionally well above and beyond what is possible through SEO and general searches through online databases.
- The platform is not user friendly, and the company lacked training for users.
- Finding media contacts.
- News in one place.
- Quick response from their team when issues arise.
- Implementation process.
- Easy to find new influencers.
- Provides easy-to-use tags for updating status of current relationships.
- Influencer profile count is set at 50 for basic account, would like to have much more.
- Very expensive compared to beginner programs like Mention or Hootsuite.
- Setup of social profiles and adding users is a quick process that was easy to understand without any formal training or directions.
- Scheduling content across social platforms is straightforward and utilizes a drag and drop option, which is quick and effective.
- Technical support can be reached within the software, so putting in a request ticket from multiple users is helpful.
- Software is glitchy when it comes to actions taken on native (i.e., liking posts) and having them register on Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform promptly. This made for a lot of "double-tapping" from our team for engagement.
- The reps for Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are not helpful and continued to be pushy about selling more services, getting a contract renewal, and contacting team members that were not the point of contact.
- The number of users for the cost you pay is limited. With other services, the number of seats is usually enough, but with Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, it was constantly "for another $1000, here's another user" even though the software cost was well above competitors.
- Easy to learn and use
- Clear and customizable graphs for analytics reports
- Customer service is top-notch
- None to speak of at the time of submitting the review
- Assesses the scale of an event: When there is a major event that earns media, especially national media we need to know how large the story is going to get. We are able to aggregate coverage across the nation to determine the level of effort we will need to push back or shape a particular story. This is a valuable insight that allows us to prioritize our efforts.
- Clips: We need to know what is being said about our industry at all times. Meltwater allows us to have real-time insight on mentions and stories that are being published across the nation. We are able to share this content with our subject matter experts daily who alert the communicators of potential issues. This content also helps us proactively create content.
- Monitors social: We need to know what is being said about our industry on social media, particularly important for our industry as we operate in communities small and large across the nation. Meltwater allows us to aggregate the thousands of messages and mentions we receive so that we can focus on monitoring those accounts that have a higher authority and influence level.
- Logins: If you have more than one product from Meltwater you have to login into different portals. Not a huge deal except I cannot save my password for each one because my computer recognizes both portals as the same website, so if the passwords vary it won't save them.
- Dashboard: There could be more modules to choose from that could enhance the reporting capabilities.
- Add-ons: I know it is the name of the game but there are a lot of added paid features. Meltwater could benefit from beefing up their basic package with more features for their users.
- Building dashboards is very simple
- Communicating with the Meltwater support team is easy
- Monitoring social channels and media channels is simple
- More reporting functions for growth management on social channels
- Better auto identity of positive and negative sentiment
- Cheaper pricing for buying the whole monitoring and social planning packaging
- Tracks media mentions
- Tracks social media
- Exports journalists and sources
- The ability to edit things within the platform. I have to export all my searches, which is cumbersome
- The Meltwater platform is extremely user-friendly. I like the simplicity of the navigation, layout and search functions.
- The search capabilities are great. I can narrow my search of a particular media contact down to topic, location and event see previous published works to determine if they're a relevant source to our efforts.
- We utilize the Dashboard and widgets within them daily. We love to see our potential reach, estimated ad value, content stream, etc. It really shows us in real time that our efforts are achieving real results.
- The ability to create more searches without added cost would be nice. Or the ability to freeze/hold searches in order to add more without adding to total... we have annual events that we only track for a certain amount of time, so I'm having to save those search terms and delete them in order for us to track new things that are upcoming.
- When sending an alert/release through outreach, I wish there was a way when selecting recipients, to see and select individual names from saved lists (without having to know the name). Sometimes we have something to send out that we want to send to a few specific people from several lists. We end up having to go back to saved lists, selecting those people and creating an entirely new list, which we end up deleting because it's never always the same people.