Meltwater Social (formerly Sysomos) Reviews

June 03, 2015
Brooke Hébert | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I do not currently use this software because it is not used by my current management company (Holland Residential) but I have recommended it and I spoke highly of it with my last employer, Simpson Property Group. My overall experience with this product has been a good one, no major complaints.
Read Brooke Hébert's full review
April 03, 2014
Andrea Dobek | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Again, this choice will ultimately be made by my company, not by me.

If I was in charge of the software selection, I would honestly be hesitant to renew my contract/license, only because I know other software (Facebook's own dashboard, as I have mentioned) performs the same functions, but better. However, Expion is continually improving, so this must be kept in mind as well.
Read Andrea Dobek's full review
October 29, 2013
Kristen O'Neill | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

There are two differentiating features that Sysomos MAP has that the competitor tools I have experienced (Radian6, Meltwater Buzz) did not: user-friendly Boolean queries for searches and near-real-time results. The former is important because, of course, your results are only as good as your search/campaign. With Sysomos, once you master Boolean queries (which isn't terribly difficult) you're set for creating any kind of listening report. I strongly prefer this to the "campaign creator" forms that other services provide.

Second, Sysomos MAP returns results almost immediately - like a Google search. So if you get your results and see that you need to tweak your query - no big deal. Or if you have a last-minute request for a client - not an issue. Meltwater can take up to 48 hours for a search to fully populate. This is a major issue if you get your full set of results back and see that you need to adjust the query; you're looking at another two days of wait time. A long wait on results can also prove problematic in agency settings where clients or prospective clients often need results with a quick turnaround.
Read Kristen O'Neill's full review
November 09, 2013
Matthew Garcia | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

For an entertainment account, a service like Expion makes day to day content and community management easy and efficient. There are a few bugs within Expion, but the representatives we have are always helpful and responsive. Overall, I think that Expion is a good platform for publishing content and for reporting analysis.
Read Matthew Garcia's full review
October 26, 2013
Joseph Chiang | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I enjoyed using Sysomos MAP on a daily basis because of its ease to pick up and the variety of ways it can represent the same data set. I do have to subtract at least one rating point because there is room for improvement on speed. The wait during a search is not at all excruciating, but it is an area for improvement. I would recommend and gladly use Sysomos MAP again for any projects related to social media analytics.
Read Joseph Chiang's full review
October 23, 2013
Nick Pogar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

The versatility of the tool and the level of analysis on media platforms makes Sysomos MAP very desirable and it has become a staple in my reporting methodology. The ease and speed of the tool ensures our renewal.
Read Nick Pogar's full review
October 18, 2013
Kristy Penzone | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

The tool provided everything that was need to monitor what was being said about our clients online, as well as additional helpful insights such as sentiment analysis. It was also easy to set this up for ad hoc projects and quick reports.
Read Kristy Penzone's full review
February 16, 2016

Likelihood to Renew

The only negative is sometimes the tool is slow and freezes, which can be frustrating. Because we have so many locations, it's very time-consuming to publish content, so I would like the tool to be faster so I can be more efficient. Other than that, I enjoy using Expion.
February 05, 2016

Likelihood to Renew

I am definitely going to recommend that my company keep using Sysomos Expion. It is a great program that helps us stay organized and ahead of the game. I really enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone who was interested in using it. It is easy to use and will help you in your day to day tasks.
October 27, 2014

Likelihood to Renew

I don't foresee using it in the immediate future, as my current company is much smaller than the others, however if it came to be that we had the budget and infrastructure to support using such a tool, I would most likely recommend it if the purchasing decision was up to me.
October 25, 2013

Likelihood to Renew

We have used Sysomos for a long time and it has been a great tool. We are switching to a third-generation tool that can more accurately look at sentiment analysis, passion intensity, and purchase intent.
November 18, 2013

Likelihood to Renew

I am not the decision maker, but if I was, I would very likely renew our contract with Expion. Their customer service is the big seller. They listened to how our property could benefit most from Expion and really wanted to make it work for us, so they tweaked it to fit our needs.
November 06, 2013

Likelihood to Renew

I do not work in social media anymore, but I highly recommend it. Every program has it's problems and it's best to use 2+ to verify. This is one of the strongest tools I've used.

What is Meltwater Social (formerly Sysomos)?

Meltwater Social (formerly Sysomos) is a social media management solution that is designed to deliver content discovery, planning, publishing, moderation, and analytics in a single, easy-to-navigate screen. According to the vendor, it’s a platform that can manage social enterprises, no matter how large or complex. The solution aims to make content planning a snap with a simple drag-and-drop content calendar, and workflow that’s easy to track and review, across even the largest enterprises. With this solution, users will know who to speak to; when to engage in conversation and can even integrate with customer care centers.

Additionally, the vendor says with their solution, users will see the best performing content from all of their social media presences and their competitors’ pages, all within one view. Users can share it with brands or markets across their organizations to inspire creative thinking. The vendor’s value proposition is this solution enables marketers to manage their reputation and benchmark their performance at the same time.

Meltwater Social (formerly Sysomos) Screenshots