MindManager Reviews

John Griffith | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2019

MindManager - the center of my digital life

Information Visualization Benefits

I have used MM extensively for dynamic generation of project plans, strategic plans and all the way down to simple "ToDo" lists - all on the fly.

MM has improved the quality of the end product of these activities - and it has greatly reduced my stress by reliably catching these thoughts and issues and queueing them in a readily accessible location and format. RE: My earlier comment for the need for a well-functioning Android smartphone ap.
Read John Griffith's full review
Fred Greco | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best Mind Mapping software

Information Visualization Benefits

When I am drafting a sermon, I need to have the whole of the sermon in view (big picture). But I must also look at the details. No software helps with this more than MindManager. Its visual interface, for example, allow me to see the balance (or not) in a three-point sermon. I can visually assess whether one portion is out of balance by viewing the whole map.
Read Fred Greco's full review
David Lenef | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2019

Great tool for quickly organizing complex topics

Information Visualization Benefits

I have a creative job role with my primary output being sales tools and marketing pieces. I use MindManager every time I am faced with a project that is large and/or not entirely known by me. My deliverables have a variety of formats, including documents, presentations, and videos. Usually, mind mapping is a tool I use for myself, but I have occasionally shared a map with others to collaboratively develop the basis for a new piece of content. I have also used MindManager as a tool to research other tools or services. For example, when we were searching for a file-sharing system to support our sales team, I was able to more quickly wrap my head around this class of SAAS by researching the topic and collecting my thoughts into a mind map.
Read David Lenef's full review
Koustubh Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2019

A tool to mirror your mind on the screen! Improves efficiency in planning, implementation and monitoring.

Information Visualization Benefits

At least in my team, we always conceptualize, brainstorm and discuss project planning, monitoring and budgeting in MindManager. Makes it convenient and easy to visualize. Even when drafting MoUs and joint publications, MindManager allows collaborations during meetings. One missing feature though is that of easy collaboration using cloud computing unless that is a feature which is hidden or out of sight.
Read Koustubh Sharma's full review
Stuart MacBride | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2019

Analyse your way ahead before instead of after

Information Visualization Benefits

I created a mind map on a brain course just over 33 years ago. The challenge was to make a mind map of the BBC evening news as it was live and to read back the key points to the instructor the next day. After 33 years I can still pull out that mind map and go through everything that was in the news recalling an amazing level of detail.
Read Stuart MacBride's full review
August 09, 2019

Visual, Easy-To-Use Project Solution

Information Visualization Benefits

As was previously mentioned, one thing I noticed right away was the ease of integration between MindManager and MS Project. This is most definitely needed by organizations that heavily rely on Microsoft products, as information can be easily exported/imported from MS Project to MindManager and vice versa.

Also, I was able to pick up using MindManager without a whole lot of consulting Help menus or documentation. It was easy to visualize a project and all topics/subtopics/tasks, and move things around as need be
August 17, 2019

Excellent and Useful Software

Information Visualization Benefits

Presenting complex information to colleagues and students is facilitated by MindManager, especially with increased functionality in the ability to add multiple sub-branches and showing relationships between ideas.
August 16, 2019

Start using MindManager, it will make sense of your business

Information Visualization Benefits

We use a map to share concerns about specific areas of the business. We review as a team. Easy to follow what the issues and potential issues are going to be. Task progress for objectives lets managers track completion. Roll-up of percentage complete gives an overall for both the individual and the team.
August 12, 2019

MindManager is great for using in company workshops for ideating

Information Visualization Benefits

In a recent project, we had to design a digital playbook for a sales force. To do so we wanted to capture a set of key strategic initiatives that buyers care about. In the process of discovery interviews, we began using MindManager to capture hierarchical topics. Then, during a live workshop, we were able to elaborate upon the list and re-organize on the fly.
August 09, 2019

Slick tool for brainstorming!

Information Visualization Benefits

Recently we've been going through a project to replace all of our mobile devices. We are able to use MindManager to build 'user stories' and what their requirements, then build a project around this to meet all of these needs. This is easy to explain and justify to management, allowing the project team to focus on implementing the projecting rather than justifying it.
Willem Kymmell | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 24, 2019

MindManager is great, it lets my mind do the managing without the software getting in the way.

Information Visualization Benefits

The visual nature of MindManager makes the complexity of information be able to be understood once it becomes organized in a clear way. The flexibility allows a continual restructuring to ultimately arrive at a simple overall organization if that is possible in the particular set of circumstances. The BIM book was restructured numerous times in relation to the relative location of information in the book and MindManager provided the ability to develop an ultimately simple overall structure that was easy to understand for the readers. A copy of the map was included in the book to give the reader a view of the organization of all the material in the publication.
Read Willem Kymmell's full review
Thomas OConnell | TrustRadius Reviewer

MindManager for Managing an Academic Laboratory

Information Visualization Benefits

Its difficult to organize more than a few collaborations with a spreadsheet. My lab has at least a dozen active collaborations at any given time and Mindmanager provides an easy overview of all of my collaborations. This way I can visualize the status of projects e.g. which tasks are underway and which are in the queue. The completion icons and coloring help highlight progress and areas that need attention.
Read Thomas OConnell's full review
John O'Toole (FCIM) | TrustRadius Reviewer

The Power of Team Mindmapping

Information Visualization Benefits

We use it for every client engagement and project. Sometimes a Mind Map is the only way to help people see a picture/project fully and all of its inter-dependencies. For creative problem solving and Design Thinking projects Mind Maps are an essential tool because it can do both divergent and convergent thinking processes so well. Most people and teams are good at the convergent, structured, analytical processes but often the real power is in the divergent, non structure more free flowing team processes which can then be rationalised with structured and more analytical processes.
Read John O'Toole (FCIM)'s full review
Andrew Egbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 02, 2019

MindManager will add +10 to your brainstorming while saving your sanity.

Information Visualization Benefits

I own the full Corel Technical Suite, CorelCAD, and the CorelDraw Graphics Suite from X4 through X8. One of these days, I'll upgrade to the latest version. I'd love to have the latest edition of CorelCAD, but it's beyond me at the moment as a graduate student. I'd also like to have fully unfettered cross-functionality between CDR and MindManager.
Read Andrew Egbert's full review
Sarah Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 31, 2019

MindManager Review

Information Visualization Benefits

It worked really well when I was in the role of tendering for new business, keeping all the information together and project managing it during the bid and then afterward with implementing the new business. I built up a library for each type of bid and this saved a massive amount of time for subsequent bids.
Read Sarah Jones's full review
Angel Esquivel | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2019

Manage your Mind as you use MindManager!

Information Visualization Benefits

Creating structure in our organization was incredibly important when we first began the task of merging two organizations into one. MindManager helped us process the needed changes we had to make in our structure. The matter was extremely delicate, as it meant that people had to move from their role into another role, and visualizing that change helped people in the transition.
Read Angel Esquivel's full review
Wade Walker, CBIP | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 26, 2019

Feedback on Corel's MindManager Mind Mapping tool

Information Visualization Benefits

I have run facilitated sessions with large groups to define new ideas, plan out our strategic and/or technology roadmap, or synthesize survey feedback into a single visualization to help group common ideas
Read Wade Walker, CBIP's full review
Marcus Machacek | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 11, 2019

MindManager makes me look good!

Information Visualization Benefits

I'm not even sure where to start because I have used it for this purpose so many times. I have benefited from it personally by getting clarity in my own head as to what needs to be done and how to break things down into smaller tasks. I have also benefited from it professionally when I have used maps to create process flow charts, or migration tracking documents and showed these documents to managers or leaders. They are always impressed with the quality of the work and how professional yet easy to read/understand the outputs are. In short, showing my MindManager work to others makes me look good.
Read Marcus Machacek's full review
Glen Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 10, 2019

Mindmanger Review

Information Visualization Benefits

Great use of contextual information management (tags, group of tags, icons, attachments, links, notes). There is great integration w/ MS Office (Outlook, Excel). Excellent time saver and provide quality visual management capabilities.
Read Glen Thomas's full review
Phetsile Dube | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2019

Lifesaver

Information Visualization Benefits

When people are given projects they can update on that particular project so that if their supervisor needs to check or to support them they know exactly whats going on
Read Phetsile Dube's full review

About MindManager

MindManager helps individuals, teams and enterprises do the right work, faster and better, by simplifying the way they capture, process and share information. Transforming unstructured ideas and data into dynamic visual maps, MindManager says it gives people a clearer understanding of and greater control over their time, work and world.

The vendor says that MindManager’s flexible, intuitive design supports freeform thinking, fluid organization and holistic understanding; its cross-platform functionality and third-party integrations enable a more streamlined, seamless work experience. Millions of users across thousands of global organizations brainstorm ideas creatively, plan and execute projects efficiently, communicate knowledge effectively, and drive more positive, profitable business outcomes with MindManager.

Key capabilities and benefits include:

- Creativity & Problem Solving

Has featureInformation Presentation
Has featureKnowledge Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Video

Uncover possibilities, unite teams and unleash productivity with MindManager 2019. Empower yourself or your team with the most robust, customizable visualization software available, FREE for 30 days at www.mindmanager.com/MyFreeTrial

MindManager Downloadables