Reviews (1-25 of 37)
- Account support
- Ease of use
- DIY tests
- Exit feedback tool.
- Clarification on the KPIs tracked on each experience.
- Impact of results of experiences ran simultaneously on the same pages.
- Social proof options.
- Monetate cookie provides behavior's targets, and allows the business to provide a more relevant journey.
- The system is very user-friendly, meaning training someone new is quick and effective.
- Monetate support is always very helpful, and the account managers are keen to keep it up to date.
- A Monetate app would be great, as the mobile site is extremely hard to use.
- Matching the business product feed with the Monetate data has proven to be difficult.
- Targeting a whole categories PDP is very hard to do with Monetate, unless you have time to find the whole categories of product codes.
- Providing more Monetate training.
Targeting specific customers within Monetate, such as Google shopping customers or customers previously bought dresses etc. Completing homepage testing for personalized journeys through the AI testing tool.
Less suited to:
The Monetates analytics page is not very helpful, and it would be great to have more results. Testing sequencing within Monetate has also proven difficult.
- Easy to use.
- Tests are easily customizable within the tool, through the html, css, and js boxes.
- An excellent support system, either through Monetate support or through our contact with the account managers.
- The analytics is known to be 5% invalid when compared to GA, especially monetary measurements.
- Provide more in-depth analysis for tests.
- The AI tool should be able to better recognize smaller differences.
- Adding promotional banners under the top nav across the site
- Testing and measuring a/b efforts like PDP revisions or similar updates
- hiding elements that may be hindering the customer experience as a hotfix
- documentation could be updated more regularly
- Training information and videos are very basic
- The overall organization can be improved
- Ability to get experiences immediately online.
- Ability to compare multiple metrics for A/B testing.
- Ability to duplicate experiences.
- Custom events are not easy to use and don't get copied while duplicating experiences.
- When opening different experiences/actions in different tabs, all tabs switch to the same action/experience
- Impossible to track custom event on added element (added through Test version) with Inspector before experience is actually live.
- Differences between experience types (Majority fit vs standard A/B etc is not very clear in the interface. Inexperienced users sometimes choose the wrong experience type as a consequence.
- Bounce rate sounds sometimes incorrect. The experiment has a bigger bounce rate 90% of the time.
- Lack metrics such as Exit rates and Median order value.
- AB Testing: ease of use & ability to access metrics/analytics
- Campaigns/Promotions: preview mode is especially helpful in identifying exactly what will show up
- Customer segmentation functionality would be great in identifying the different types of customers we have
- Other ways to organize/gather data to identify different perspectives
It's efficient and easy to use.
- Ability to AB test very easily.
- Very flexible/customizable lightbox tool.
- Easy to target specific users by uploading datasets.
- Lightboxes that adjust for desktop vs. mobile experiences.
- Easier integration with custom analytics we use internally.
- Supportive account team to help us use Monetate to the best of its capabilities
- Intuitive to use and learn
- Has a vast array of functionality options to maximise possibilities to test/personalise
- Monetate-built actions are often locked down so the client user cannot amend to be bespoke for their needs. Therefore any changes wanted require a new Monetate dev ticket. This can be time consuming
- Dynamic test to let users test several different ideas at the same time while dynamically distributing traffic to the highest ROI.
- Live analytics to show us where the test is at and to easily compare the experiment with original (control).
- Faster development job is done when requested.
- I know the company has been undergoing a change but staff has changed so often that our personalized staff has changed numerous times.
- Relatively easy user interface to use. We have separated our Monetetate hub by site - very easy to use.
- Building tests or experiences has a good builder addressing what you are building, where it is targeting, when the experience should run and why
- The majority fit setting provides a good low risk way of determining if a fix is a 'winner' or not
- A very helpful and extensive Knowledge Hub
- Searching through all the experiences or tests you put online is reliant on a very robust naming convention
- We would like an easier place for notes for each experience or test to be stored so that these are searchable. This allows things like project briefs to be summarised for the purpose of the wider team
- It would be great if Monetate had an improved preview function to allow you to view an experience on the device and screen resolution of your choice. Currently, to fully test your experiences, you'll need a few browser apps which allows you to mimic devices, clear cookies...
- A smarter way of building out variations for tests would be useful. Occasionally, a test that has a lot of different variables (but ultimately quite similar) will require you to setup multiple experiences to achieve this
Whilst the majority fit works well as a low risk way of showing that a test will work, it does not give you learning or insight as to why something does or does not work.
- Intuitive UI. I am fairly technical but discussing the product with others on my team, they all agree that it is very easy to use.
- Monetate has taken a complex idea like personalization and has turned it into a simple problem to solve by thinking who, what, when, etc. to each situation. This was a much more elegant way to approach the problem than other vendors.
- They have great support and seem to really care about your success, as well as have motivation to push you, the client, to get going and find success with the tool.
- In the pre-sales process, they really want to sell you billable hours. These hours do not transfer to the next calendar year and are not refundable. It is a poor system.
- Their technical documentation is confusing in spots and could be improved. We followed documentation, with an eyebrow raised in some cases, and then were told to go down a different path which was not listed in the documentation (but made more sense.)
- I can't speak to the success or not of the program, but we are currently working with a third party of Monetate (who Monetate put us in touch with, as part of our billable hours.) Its not a con per se, but feels weird.
- Monetate's testing tool is extremely user friendly, reliable and robust. The tool itself allows us to test content and functionality in 2-4 weeks where it would normally take months for our IT team to prioritize and build.
- Monetate's service is above and beyond. They assign each client a very knowledgeable and helpful client success manager who speaks with us weekly and answers emails daily when we have questions. They are proactive about testing suggestions and ideas and are extremely quick to respond to questions.
- I truly have no areas for improvement for Monetate.
- Provide customers with the power to change what was previously unchangeable. We can now alter our site thorough Monetate when such tasks would previously take months.
- Great customer service. Any issue or question I have they answer it and look for ways to improve it going forward. They are constantly looking to improve their tool and listen to customers' pain points and feedback. Many concerns and suggestions I have had, have been implemented on the dashboard. It's nice to know my opinion and voice matter.
- Testing. Before Monetate we would alter or roll out with things based on the loudest opinion. Now, we have results to show what works and what doesn't.
- I don't love the dashboard or interface. I find it challenging to use however because of client suggestions, they are rolling out an improvement.
- Capture customers' behavior real time.
- Easy to use UI.
- There are endless combination of targeting variables to utilize.
- Faster turnaround time for special targeting variable request.
- Deliver new features for the UI at the time they promised.
- Support/education - every new feature that is rolled out comes with a webinar and instruction. This is so helpful.
- Ideas - our rep is constantly evaluating our site to see if there are any new things we could try.
- Flexibility - We can do almost anything with Monetate, but if we can't, I know that they're open to the idea of adding something to their development schedule. It's nice to know that your opinion matters.
- Third-party analytics is not the easiest. I use Coremetrics and tagging those is tedious.
- The reps could learn a bit more about the business of their client.
- I'd like to see more reporting features.
- Allows our marketing team to efficiently and effectively launch tests and manage our onsite marketing campaigns without relying on our technical team.
- More opportunity for personalization and advanced segmentation of offers.
- Client success team easy to work with and very solution oriented.
- More robust reporting and data extraction to a third party BI tool.
- There can be a fairly lengthy "flicker" at times with swapping content when using the asynchronous tags.
- We have used the tool for simple tasks to test the wording on call to actions to see what our customers find more personal.
- We have also used it to test home pages for new visitors to see how they react to the different layouts.
- We have highlighted deadlines with countdowns on things like next day delivery, Deal of the days etc
- My only improvement I would suggest is that when using the action builder the arrows are more visible as sometimes I can't see them and just look for my cursor to change to a hand.
- Segment testing capabilities - able to test things that may only be relevant to portions of our audience.
- Very quickly get tests live - we've used the flexibility and quickness to stand up messaging and impact the whole site in scenarios when we cannot wait for our developers to make changes or when we only want something up for a limited time.
- Account management team is great! always providing insight and ideas.
- Sometimes the development queue gets a bit lengthy and we have to wait longer than desired for tests to be able to be set up.
- The ability to build custom actions that allows users to really insert any element/content into your site.
- Performance reports of each campaign on metrics such as average order value (AOV), conversion rate (CR), Bounce, etc.
- Monetate devs are constantly providing new tools/content that have proven very useful
- Really wish there was some sort of real time reporting rather than having to wait a day for any results.
- When replacing content on site using Monetate, there is a flash/flicker of the original content which can be seen by anyone. Not desirable but not the worst either.
- The turn around time is fast. Two weeks usually.
- The staff is always available and helpful.
- The capabilities of the tool are fantastic. It is rare when they cannot make a campaign that I request.
- I wish you could preview multiple campaigns at once. To make sure they work well together.
- Monetate is able to pull geographical data, and drill down to send the right message to our customers. For example,the tool helped us segment so that we could send banners ads based on IP Address. Since we were product driven, we would send ads with jackets, winter hats, etc to cold weather areas and the reverse to the other side.
- I liked it and never had any issues.
- Fast: It's great that Monetate is a layer on top of our website. We are able to add things without code change and see the campaigns in action in real time.
- Strong analytics: I like how Monetate guides you through the analytics and has goal levels to let users know if the engine feels confident in the results, or needs more time for testing.
- Technicality: While not exactly something Monetate can fix, most of our tests require development from our team or the Monetate team. As a business user, it would be nice to be able to create my own campaigns outside of a development queue.
- The platform itself is extremely easy to use.
- Weekly calls with support.
- Ideas on how to improve and test are always welcome.
- Reporting is a little difficult.
- There has been quite a lot of changes with employees coming in and out of play.
Monetate Scorecard Summary
Monetate is an ecommerce personalization software for consumer-facing brands. It is used by QVC, Newegg Inc., J. Crew Group Inc., The North Face, and hundreds of other retailers according to the vendor. Monetate enables brands to create individualized experiences for site visitors, with the goal of improving engagement and business performance.
The Monetate platform is open, designed to work seamlessly across the user's marketing stack. Monetate is real-time too, with machine learning capabilities to help deliver 1-to-1 personalization at scale.
Monetate Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Monetate Technical Details