Reviews (1-2 of 2)
December 05, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We publish dozens of cloud instances for our customers across the globe. To promote our services we decided to use Google Cloud for its uptime, redundancy, ease of use, and support. NetApp Cloud Volumes Service helps keep our data safe, secure, and provides reliable uptime and redundancy for our applications. Myself and my Server administration team, use it directly. My Applications team connects to the servers remotely and can't even tell this is running on NetApp.
- Redundancy for backup
- Recovery for disaster recovery
- The interface could be jazzed up a bit.
- It has a big learning curve.
Read Seth Arnoff's full review
This is great for safe, secure, storage. It's fast and reliable, especially since we use scalable Google cloud instances. I do not recommend this for test, low-end, or non-production instances. The cost is too high for test environments, and there is no added benefit instead of using slower storage. I also don't recommend using this if you are new to storage solutions.
December 17, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud is used by teams that need to migrate traditional on-premises Linux/Windows-based applications that use file systems for storing the data to the cloud without re-designing the applications, as it supports multiple protocols--NFSv3/4.1 and SMB. It supports multiple use cases like analytics, high-performance database, and persistent storage requirements for container-based workloads that are deployed on Kubernetes.
- It reduces the CapEx on huge enterprise equipment for file storage and supports elasticity to scale up or down based on demand.
- It is fault-tolerant and provides data protection with automated snapshots.
- It supports read-only and read-write access control and Active Directory integration for better security.
- It supports multiple protocols--NFSv3/4.1 and SMB to support both Linux and Windows.
- Should provide facility to allow usage from multiple clouds (e.g., Azure workloads should be able to mount NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud and vice-versa).
Read this authenticated review
- Migrate traditional on-premises Linux/Windows-based applications that use file systems for storing the data to the cloud.
- Legacy analytics COTS products that require huge volumes of file storage with extremely high performance are best suited for NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud.
NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud?
A Google Cloud integrated file service with advanced data management capabilities that are simple to use and deliver the performance, availability and security required to migrate and run your enterprise workloads in the cloud.
NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud Competitors
Frequently Asked Questions
The NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud is an integrated file service presented by the vendor as having the performance, availability, and security required to efficiently run business-critical applications. The fully managed service allows the user to consume file storage without infrastructure maintenance burdens (patching, scaling, etc.)
The most common users of NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud are from Enterprises and the Information Technology & Services industry.