NetApp FAS series Reviews

August 28, 2020

Strong and Reliable storage

Support Rating

NetApp support in Brazil is managed by its partners. We know in other countries, such as the US and NO, they have support directly from Netapp. We have a very good NetApp partner working with us since the beginning, on both the implementation and daily support. Very few cases needed to be escalated to NetApp support, most of the cases are handled and satisfyingly closed by the partner.
March 03, 2020

NetApp (F)ast (A)nd (S)table

Support Rating

I've said it before. I'll say it again. NetApp has fantastic support. The Hardware Universe and the Auto Support websites give you incredible information. This info is not just generic model info but it is driven by the data sent by your actual filer. When you get on a support call they can see everything currently in place in your environment.
August 09, 2019

NetApp Reliability and Support is Not Quite There

Support Rating

Among the worst support we've ever had. The reason I say this is we had one of our 2 controller boards die completely. They sent a technician out, which was obviously a 3rd-party contracted person, and he didn't know much about NetApp, but was able to swap the board out. He contacted support and handed the phone over to me, and the technician walked me through reassigning disks to the new controller, but he had me assigning the wrong disks, which caused our whole SAN to go down, and we lost connectivity to all our 220+ servers for many hours. It was a complete nightmare. Then this past October out of the blue we get an alert that the controllers have lost high availability. Basically, they aren't communicating with each other. Also, keep in mind these controllers aren't connected to each other via a cable, they are both contained in the same chassis, so it must be a bug. I've been working with support still since then, almost going on 1 year! They constantly miss our calls, ignore my emails/calls, etc. It's very frustrating to deal with.

About NetApp FAS series

NetApp's FAS series systems offers a storage array system for enterprises.

NetApp FAS series Technical Details