Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 14, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
As a company using a third party to manage our SAN, OnCommand is very necessary to give use even read-only access to what our SAN looks like and to allow us the insights we need for our capacity management and projections.
- Fairly intuitive UI that just gets better with each update. In particular the logical breakdown of clustered nodes and their SVMs.
- Some of the help items and tips etc really help when drilling it to items that you dont use so often.
- Have a powershell API has been a major bonus for our organization as while the UI is great for day to day tasks, the ability to extract data to feed in to other reporting platforms make it mo much richer as a product.
- Not necessarily a dislike of OnCommand per se but I do dislike that you have to still use different flavors of this tool to get a holistic view of every aspect of your NetApp - System Manager, Performance Manager, Unified Manager etc
- The initial process to connect to a filer probably could do with a little more friendly documentation as the format for filer name (or IP) and whether and SNMP string is required etc is not clear.
- The ability for more complete search capability within the logs (so therefore not having to extract them to work with them) would be an advantage for the timely resolution of faults.
Read Joe Cairns's full review
I feel like this tool is well suited where you have a relatively small footprint in terms of NetApp devices so they can be easily managed via this tool. I would say that anything over maybe 4 filers and tools like Performance Manager and System Manager come in to their own a little more.
NetApp ONTAP System Manager Scorecard Summary
About NetApp ONTAP System Manager
NetApp ONTAP System Manager (formerly under the OnCommand brand) is a data storage management offering.
Categories: Storage Management
NetApp ONTAP System Manager Technical Details