OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/sR/Aq/R8ZLRHTMSI8D.PNGOne Drive for EverythingA few users are currently using OneDrive as a way to quickly and securely access business documents that are edited both in office, at home and on the road.,Easily integrated into Windows Provides a convenient way to access documents among PCs Give ability to share documents with others Great multi-platform support,Better previews More space for cost Better backup abilities,8,Quicker access to files Ability to share with outsiders,,Visual Studio.NET, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange,5,2,Simple Integrated Support multiple platforms Allow easy sharing,Access being able to be given to non-employees.,N/A,9,Integration Sharing,None,Yes,9OneDrive for Business is what every corporate backup should beThis is for OneDrive for Business. Note: I use OneDrive as cloud file repository and personal backup solution that has both PC and mobile access. At work, my colleagues (within the department) and my project team use OneDrive for Business to sync our project files and work files as a backup solution.,Seamless syncing and backup over a corporate network. There is no need for manual upload and download of files anymore. Access is controlled via MS Active Directory. Our files cannot be accessed by others outside our department/project team. Secured environment. Syncing to the server is over our corporate network and VPN from home. Setting up folders can be done easily from SharePoint without much configuration.,Need to install OneDrive for Business. This is installed together with our Office Enterprise in our work laptops. We need the IT team to install this or [get it] pushed down from central management. The disk quota is unknown. Unlike OneDrive at home, the available space is not really visible to the client. After setting up the folder, it is hard to move it to another folder - for example moving from My Documents to D:/ Drive to reclaim space.,8,As an end user, OneDrive has been super useful for team and department use. As there is no actual access to the value of investment, ROI is not available.,Microsoft Server,Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive,9,2,Project Team document repository Department files repository Important work files backup,Sending large files as a workaround to email file size limitation.,10,Yes,Product Usability Product Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor,No change.,Self-taught,Setting up. Just click OneDrive from SharePoint and follow the OneDrive wizard. The backup and sync function happen in the background seamlessly.,Yes, but I don't use it,9OneDrive, The Ultimate Cloud Storage for Tablet TechnologyOneDrive is being used by the marketing department of our organization. OneDrive has become indispensable to me. It's like having a single shared data and other files folder for all my devices. If you have enough space with your OneDrive account, you may find that you don't even need to backup most things anymore. This is one of those products that make you stop and smile once in a while as you remember how much work it used to be to accomplish something close to what it does. Seamless and easy to use, but accomplishes SO much and saves SO much time.,All my files are secure and not taking up space on any of my devices' hard drives. You can create, edit and view folders, notes, to do lists, etc., on all your devices including your Windows PC, iOS devices and Android. It is easy to share photos with. I upload photos from my computer and then have access to them almost anywhere. Downloading to Facebook is very easy to do.,Sometimes the app is not consistent and will miss edits. I noticed the lasted edits I made to a document from my PC did not transfer to my tablet when I access. The storage is definitely inadequate when considering that extra high resolution photos from newer devices will fill it up in no time when backing up camera to the camera roll. Sometimes the app crashes on my tablet. I find this most common when trying to access a large file.,8,I'm not sure that we have really analyzed what kind of ROI OneDrive has impacted the business; I do agree that it makes working from home a lot easier. Having a flexible schedule outside of tax season, I find myself working more from home. Being able to effectively manage all our documents/photos/ads/promotional artwork from my home computer is awesome. Happy employees means a happy business!,Apple iCloud and Dropbox,Dropbox, Apple iCloud, OneNoteA Decent Tool if it's Part of a BundleOneDrive is currently being used as a file distribution/sharing platform across all departments. The main problem it is trying to eliminate is isolated storage.,Synchronization with ADFS/Azure and the associated permissions Web portal versions of the MS Office Suite Sharing and distributing files across teams and multi-user editing sessions,There is little to no support for the Macintosh platform, OneDrive for Business doesn't even run properly. No SharePoint support for the Mac client. Sync engine for PC is buggy at best, requiring constant rebuilds of the SharePoint library on users' computers,3,Multi-User edit sessions have been a positive. Moving documents to a cloud based model has made collaboration easier. Larger files that require greater throughput are going to deadlock the OneDrive sync engine. ODFB is only suitable as an add-on, I would not purchase it by itself.,Dropbox for Business,HipChatBest cloud sharing for business users.Onedrive is used as a cloud repository for all local documents. At our organization the majority of new laptops have 128GB SSD out of which 10GB will be lost in backup and other OS activity. With Onedrive we are able to get 1TB of free space and sync all our documents across different machines in our organization. This is really helpful in case of an accidental crash or any other issues.,Sync all the data across different machines. 1TB of free space with corporate account. History tracking and version updates.,In some scenarios Onedrive takes a long time to sync files and it causes issues on the application side if you want to edit it. The application will throw an exception as the file being used by Onedrive service. OneDrive creates new file when sync is in progress and that makes another version of file with the user changing the file. It gets difficult sometimes to sync these files. They should improve sync process. OneDrive creates default a folder on a laptop under the user directory. If a user could control the location it would be helpful. By having it at user level it takes time to load the profile every time a user logs in to a machine.,9,Before oneDrive we use to spend a huge [amount of] money on hardware and now it has become [updated] with Cloud based oneDrive.,Dropbox,Dropbox,No,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Existing Relationship with the VendorOneDrive + MS office = still room for improvementOneDrive is being used to collaboratively edit Office documents (Word and Powerpoint specifically).,Windows/Office integration Easy to register/share links Cheap to get storage with promotions and other softwares,Often slower network than other alternatives Very troublesome to merge changes (Word/PowerPoint),7,Helped our team with creating documents We lost chunks of Word due to bad merging problems,Google Docs and Dropbox,Visual Studio.NETOneDrive. One place to easily store, retrieve, share, and access your data.I've been using OneDrive for nearly 5 years now in a personal capacity, back when it was called SkyDrive and had a pretty limited mindshare and marketshare. I value OneDrive for its fantastic photo sharing and photo viewing platform which in my mind, rivals the utility of Flickr by sharing in-depth image information (EXIF), as well as using deep-learning network technologies to automatically tag the images with metadata tags indicating what the image contains. Furthermore, OneDrive has really excellent granular privacy controls for sharing directories and files both. Using these tools, you can easily keep track of who can see what files, and who has what permissions on the files you've shared. This enables me to share files widely with people across the internet without worrying about them having undue access to my other files stored on my OneDrive. In addition, OneDrive is integrated into Windows 7/8/10 on the desktop, as well as being heavily integrated into Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile. This synergy allows me easy access to my documents, photographs, and files on the go and has proven invaluable as a means for me to share information and work on the fly without the need for portable storage.,EXIF Data Granular privacy controls Integrated across Windows/Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile Integration with Office Suite Free storage space is sufficient Automatic photo metadata tagging,Reduction of free storage due to bad users Not easily mountable as Network drive Lack of Linux-native tools for mounting/management of OneDrive Removal of proxy files/placeholders!,8,The persistence of file access across devices and services I use has been invaluable. With Continuum and Windows 10, I can easily work with my data across devices without any hassle. Pick up and put down anywhere, and continue work on the fly. Fantastic. Granular privacy/access controls allow me to share data publicly without worry.,Box,Box, DropboxSeamless Use of OneDriveI love using OneDrive because I am an Office 365 user and with this, 15GB of storage is allowed to be used within the subscription I have. The reason is because this is my place for using storage. I do not use dropbox since I believe OneDrive is a much easier place to store all my documents in and it is clean and efficient and flows easily. What I mean by flow, is it can seamlessly coordinate between multiple devices such as my laptop, my phone and my tablet. It is a great way for the business because when I was a counselor at camp, we wanted all employees to be able to integrate their documents when it came to suggesting events, planning, and schedules.,15GB of storage is allowed to be used if you have a subscription. This is a lot of storage for documents and is just as much as dropbox has to offer. It can seamlessly coordinate between multiple devices. This is great for when people only have a phone or a tablet and no computer nearby. The ability to start a document on one computer, save it to onedrive and then pick up right where you left off on another.,The service itself can be better in terms of uploading the documents and photos because it can be slow at times. Currently, Microsoft is removing the 15GB of storage and only bringing it down to 5GB. This should not happen. File syncing is not as great as it should be and files can get overwritten when two people work on a document which can screw the format sometimes.,6,By using OneDrive within our team to share a bunch of events that is updated daily, it really saved time.,,Google Drive, Microsoft Access, DropboxOneDrive for Business; now a serious improvement to SharepointWe currently use OneDrive, previously SharePoint across the business for both individual access to prove business documentation and also for shared documentation such as contracts, orders, proposals and meeting notes.,Massive amount of space, both for personal files and for our shared environment. Quick and instant synchronicity. Ability to access and update files from multiple devices including smartphones and tablets.,It took a long time to release the business 'Office 365' version and we really struggled with SharePoint, however that is in the past now. Ability to play media files within the browser similar to the functionality in Dropbox. I would like to see some kind of document version control; especially for marketing where by a document that is work in progress can be accessed by multiple users at the same time and have the ability to recall previous versions.,6,Unable to answer at this stage as we are making the transition from Dropbox to OneDrive. We have recently been able to link shared files to our CRM and thus provide access to the relevant documentation via the customer records in Insightly. It does provide us with a satisfactory back up for important customer records and in the loss of a work computer it is very easy to restore files again.,Apple iCloud, Dropbox, Citrix ShareFile and Box,OmniFocus, Dropbox, Evernote, Skype, SnagitOneDrive great accross OneTeam at timeOneDrive is being used primarily by our social media and reporting teams. It is used to store and send reports, artwork, and other assets to members across the team and to the client.,OneDrive has the capacity to hold a lot of files. The search function is pretty easy to use. You can store and view metadata on assets. It can handle multiple people logged into the same account at the same time. You can easily create links to share work with other people.,I am unable to upload folders to OneDrive (I use a Mac), so I have to go folder by folder to upload content.,6,We are able to share and access files off our company network, so even if you're away from work and/or it's a weekend, anyone on the team can access files. Sometimes it can be a part time job for the person managing the account because they need to manage permissions and folders. The client is easily able to access content meant for them.,Dropbox and Xinet,Dropbox, Trello, Basecamp,,2,We work with Microsoft. The client uses it. You can access files outside the company network. Large capacity for storage. Teams can use one account.,Sharing creative files between creative team members. Organizing large assets on a monthly basis. Searching and finding old assets,To share files between teams. To share animations/video and their working files between teams.,7,You can drag and drop files straight into OneDrive. The search function is simple. Sharing is easy.,I was not able to upload folders. I was not able to sync OneDrive to my computer. Sometimes the upload/download times were too long.,7OneDrive, Diverse and usefulWe currently use onedrive as an extra storage location for some files we would like to have an extra back up for. We also use if for our photographers to be able to upload and view files and multiple devices and also share files with clients. Overall great product.,Sharing across multiple devices. Reliable, I have never had a problem accessing Onedrive They have promotions to add more storage all the time.,I would like to see Onedrive being able to be access by all micrsoft devices (Xbox) They recently cut storage, so there's that I would love to see a OneDrive app for OSX,9,It helps with extra storage. What company doesnt need extra storage? Its cheaper than other file storage Having reliable shared storage is vital for any company. Time is money, and if you cannot access work it is costing you money.,Apple iCloud,Microsoft Exchange, Google Drive, Dropbox
OneDrive
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

OneDrive Reviews

OneDrive

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 61 of 472 OneDrive ratings and reviews.

• Microsoft Server
Prior to OneDrive, our official backup recommendation was to copy important files to a personal folder on a mapped Network Drive.
OneDrive blows this out of the water in terms of convenience and ease of use.

Alternatives Considered

Though I would say that iCloud is more reliable, it is only compatible with Apple products. I use iCloud personally, but we do not own any Apple products as a business. I find that Dropbox can be confusing and not consistent with storage management. OneDrive solves the problem of being compatible with business software and has great storage management in comparison.

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive is the only way to use Office on the cloud with proper collaboration tools and version control. Using Google Docs or Dropbox will force you to give up on certain features from a fully fledged office package.

• Box
OneDrive is integrated very well into Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile and has a great UI on the web. The granular privacy/access controls are also quite nice.

For sharing photographs, its viewer is unparalleled.

Finally, it offered me a fair bit more space than either Dropbox or Box did for free.

Alternatives Considered

Compared to something like Dropbox, OneDrive is very useful if you rely on Microsoft Office because the integration this has with Ooffice is very useful. The files are shared among peers very easily and it is very quick and responsive which also benefits us.

Alternatives Considered

They are both amazing products and give you great options to cloud storage. icloud is obviously aimed more at ios and osx where i feel OneDrive is a little more diverse as in you are able to use it with OSX, PC, and linux. As an added plus I have never dealt with issues with reliability with OneDrive.

Versioning (49)
Video files (59)
Audio files (55)
Document collaboration (61)
Access control (63)
File search (66)
Device sync (64)
User and role management (55)
File organization (63)
Device management (50)
Performance (65)
Reliability (65)
Storage Reports (52)

About OneDrive

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.