OneDrive Reviews

Jackie Ramos | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2018

One Drive, create it,see it,reach it from anywhere.

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox was great. But overall it didn't fix our needs and we wanted to stick with one platform. Cost was another factor. We were able to do more with onedrive and installation was also easy to do.
Read Jackie Ramos's full review
Antoinette Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2017

OneDrive Review

Alternatives Considered

We have not used any other products other than just Microsoft email and sometimes used DropBox which has limited capabilities. OneDrive is awesome aside from minor fixes it allows our organization to share information effectively and always have accessibility to each others' work.
Read Antoinette Nelson's full review
Patricio Santirso | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2017

OneDrive, the company and you, closer than ever

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive's main advantage is the relationship with Microsoft Operating System and other business products such as Office. It is easy to integrate into AD and data is safe. Other advantage is that you can download the desktop version and easily see the status of each file you have in OneDrive.
Read Patricio Santirso's full review
Jason Galati | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

OneDrive is the only "DRIVE"

Alternatives Considered

We selected OneDrive because the software integrates well into the other Microsoft Office Suite products. OneDrive, gives you that 1TB of storage for less money than Google Drive does. Despite being a Microsoft product, OneDrive has clients for non-Microsoft operating systems, too, including Mac OS, iOS and Android. OneDrive's non-password protected link makes it easier for the receiver to view files.
Read Jason Galati's full review
Scott Strader | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2017

OneDrive helps with access to documents across devices

Alternatives Considered

Like I said we have the network drive. We have also used Google Drive which seems to have similar issues like OneDrive. We have not done too much in the could but that could be something to explore for the future. For now, the network drive is the most simplistic for the users and seems to be the one they adopt the most.
Read Scott Strader's full review
Brian Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2017

Personal Storage, Enterprise Control

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive does not integrate cleanly with Google products, for that Google Drive would be a better fit. If your organization uses Office 365, then OneDrive is the hands down best option as security scans and controls can be run in the same administrative interface as email controls.

We looked at Dropbox for Business, but for the price point and the requirements we had, OneDrive was the better option.
Read Brian Taylor's full review
Adam Lauer | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 29, 2016

OneDrive: A stripped down, cheaper, more efficient version of SharePoint

Alternatives Considered

I would say OneDrive is better than Amazon and Dropbox and about on par with iCloud and Google. OneDrive was best for us since we are a Microsoft shop. Its storage, collaboration, and office integration made it the best option for us. Google Drive is also used by us when interfacing with external clients and contractors.
Read Adam Lauer's full review
Rahman Babayev | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2017

The easiest and most powerful cloud service in market

Alternatives Considered

We have used other cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox. And I have to say each of them has its originality and own features belonging to them. But, now we are using OneDrive, because if you have one Microsoft account you can use it on all of Microsoft products and 90% of my colleagues use Outlook. And of course OneDrive allows you do great things with your files. When you are working on OneDrive you do not feel you are using a web-based system, it really feels like you are working with your local files, because it works properly even you have low-speed internet.
Read Rahman Babayev's full review
Nicole Pitchard | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 22, 2016

Document management helps with projects

Alternatives Considered

I use Google Drive as well for managing documents. Onedrive documents are almost similar to Google Drive documents but onedrive's interface is cleaner than Google Drive. Onedrive's support also replies in a timely manner and helps with any questions we have. Microsoft has improved its cloud based services a lot and is providing great applications with enhanced functionality.
Read Nicole Pitchard's full review
Massimo Emilione | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2016

One rive Hills and Valleys

Alternatives Considered

I didn't select OneDrive but it was included in our Office365 subscription which we switched to mainly for the Microsoft Exchange. Everything else that we get is an added benefit like OneDrive. We don't pay extra for the service (at least I'm not aware of extra costs) and it has made our lives easier for sharing content inside and outside the company.
Read Massimo Emilione's full review
Brendan Luna | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2016

Great for enterprise and large company use, not as great for personal consumer use

Alternatives Considered

I think OneDrive fares better in the enterprise and business realm than Dropbox or Google Drive since it can be adapted to a large set of employees easily and tied in with Office365 + Active Directory. Both Dropbox and Google Drive seem more apt for single one-off consumer use.
Read Brendan Luna's full review
Steve Oechsle | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2016

Pros and Cons - OneDrive consumer and OneDrive for Business

Alternatives Considered

Overall - Dropbox is strongest for syncing. Permissions aren't as granular as OneDrive - OneDrive is better in that regard. OneDrive compared to Google Drive is a draw - if you are a Google user - drive is the way to go. If Office 365 is your ecosystem - then OneDrive is your winner.
Read Steve Oechsle's full review
Tommy Boucher | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 09, 2016

Very nice, but be careful!

Alternatives Considered

Google Drive (With Google Docs) is very similar to OneDrive. You can store files, edit, and collaborate. Google Drive is a little more robust, but they don't use the native format of Word/Excel, so you won't be able to edit in the Office suite. Very bad. OneDrive uses native Office files.
Read Tommy Boucher's full review
Kushal Kafle | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 25, 2016

Onedrive is great for photo and general backup

Alternatives Considered

I use Google Drive regularly as well. I get unlimited Google Drive space for my school use. So, my school related things are almost exclusively on Google Drive. I also use Google Docs and Slides on regular basis. I find them intuitive and easy to use , especially in collaborative scenario. I do not know how Onedrive word processor compares to Google Docs as I did not feel need to look for more options.
Read Kushal Kafle's full review
Nilan J. Lovelace | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2016

OneDrive To Rule Them All

Alternatives Considered

They each have their differences. Google Drive probably has the upperhand on OneDrive, because it has a good amount of available storage and is supported through Google and its products, so it's easier to integrate with other services. But OneDrive has better integration with desktops and its syncing abilities while offline. Dropbox is just costly, though I prefer Dropbox's UI over OneDrive.
Read Nilan J. Lovelace's full review
Carter Buce | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2016

OneDrive - low storage, but high usability

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive is on the same tier as Google Drive, except it has less storage capacity. However, I chose to use OneDrive because of the entire-computer access when using the web app. Against Dropbox, OneDrive is superior as it is more integrated and flawless to use; it is very useful to sync projects between computers compared to Dropbox's more web-oriented interfaces.
Read Carter Buce's full review
Muhammad Fazalul Rahman | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2016

OneDrive - My experience as a researcher

Alternatives Considered

All these require logging in to the browser and manually drag and drop the items into the interface. Even though some of the software provide desktop client, I found it hard to use and had integration issues with Windows. But OneDrive was already integrated with Windows which made the job a lot easier. I could also just save files like I always do so it took no extra effort.
Read Muhammad Fazalul Rahman's full review
Steve Surya | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2016

OneDrive - mange emails well via Outlook Online.

• Google Apps
I use Google Apps as well which is a similar product to One Drive. Google Apps works great for a number of areas.
I would give One Drive a rating when it comes to managing emails via Outlook, since Outlook has been a great tool to manage emails forever and Microsoft has done a great job bringing it online via OneDrive.
Read Steve Surya's full review
Dan Butler | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 13, 2016

OneDrive is the One solution

Alternatives Considered

Overall my two favorites for my business are OneDrive and Adobe Creative Cloud. I use those two in a combined workflow that allows for collaboration on both Microsoft Projects and Adobe Creative projects. For my business both offer very similar capabilities for their respective product families, they just do not offer the best features to other platforms.
Read Dan Butler's full review
Filip Witkowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 29, 2016

OneDrive, best for MS Office users.

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox might be less popular and slower. It is not that well integrated into document editing software (Office or OneNote), but Dropbox has one key (for me) feature that OneDrive does not. In Dropbox you have to upload simple HTML page, share the link to that HTML document and open it in a browser like it is a regular website.
Google Drive has free in-browser document editing software. You don't need install any software to have a simple text or spreadsheet editor. OneDrive should allow something like this as well.
Read Filip Witkowski's full review
Brody Kilpatrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 23, 2016

OneDrive - Better the Google Drive

Alternatives Considered

When OneDrive was first released it really wasn't that great. I would have recommended Google. However, over the years, OneDrive has become superior the Google Drive and Good Docs. I use both, because I also have gmail account. However, so far, for every feature, I prefer OneDrive.
Read Brody Kilpatrick's full review

Versioning (73)
Video files (84)
Audio files (78)
Document collaboration (90)
Access control (91)
File search (96)
Device sync (94)
User and role management (81)
File organization (92)
Device management (75)
Performance (94)
Reliability (95)
Storage Reports (71)

About OneDrive

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.