January 08, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Read Andrea Manseau's full review
Pros and Cons
- It is completely customizable. I think it would be very difficult to find two portals that look similar. They guide you through the process of figuring out what works for you while providing examples, but it's really easy to make it fit your organization's vision.
- The training was excellent. Instead of watching someone click around on a screen and then having to remember how to do it yourself, they put you in the driver's seat. You do the clicking while the guide (or correct when you misclick!), so it's easier to go back and recreate the process because you've already done it once.
- There are so many options that it can really help you achieve just about any business/organizational goal necessary. You get to decide and build what you need - you're not given a cookie-cutter solution. They provide the tools and you build the house that works best for your org.
- Now that we're customers, the support function is not as strong. If we have a question, we are pointed towards articles so we can "self serve". Sometimes it is important to pick up the phone and talk to someone, which is a service that they've eliminated. Everything is self-help or email ticketing.
- When creating the portal, we didn't know what we didn't know. There were some instances that if we hadn't asked a question, we never would have been told about a product/feature that we didn't know we had access to. Our banner almost wasn't implemented in time because the person in charge of it left the company and we didn't know that we needed to follow up on that.
- While being able to completely customize the portal is a HUGE strength and not a problem since our implementation team consisted of marketing professionals with design experience, it is also a weakness. If you are tasked with creating the portal but don't have design capabilities, I highly recommend looping in someone who does.