Optimizely is a website optimization platform, providing A/B and multivariate testing. It enables users with and without technical expertise to make dynamic changes to their websites, test the variations to live traffic and gather immediate results.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/nE/W8/NPJ6TVND0MJQ.PNGOptimizely Is The Industry LeaderOptimizely provides start-of-the-art infrastructure for running split-and-multivariate content testing on websites & apps. I have seen Optimizely used cross-organizationally, usually implemented by Engineering and utilized by a Product and/or Marketing. Testing can be targeted to ad campaigns, segmented based on visitor type, or started by more complex, programmatic triggers. By utilizing Optimizely, organizations can test and iterate how content changes affect Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). It provides best-in-class tools to setup testing & customization, as well as tracking it's effectiveness. I have several clients that have utilized Optimizely in the past, with one client that still uses it.,Optimizely makes it extremely easy to setup almost any type of split or multi-variate testing experiment. It has a variety of test triggers types & many ways to segment incoming visitors. I believe Optimizely's results dashboard is one of the best among split testing software. It allowed my team to get insights into the running of tests, like time to significance and a view of metric changes over time. Optimizely is very easy to use for non-engineers. It has a powerful visual interface that allows marketers and advertisers to setup complex variations without 1 line of code. In terms of documentation and implementation, I believe Optimizely is ahead of its competitors in terms of its focus on reliability and speed.,Optimizely is now very expensive. It's pricing models have change a lot over the time I have used it. Now, it has many different plans with no pricing online. I believe the interface for setting up experiment goals could use improving. Sometimes, there is friction with adding pre-created metrics if you don't remember exactly what they were tracking. Wish the dashboard had more of awareness of funnels and more funnel-specific reporting.,9,Optimizely is only worth the money if you have a decent amount of traffic and some manpower dedicated to testing. If your organization doesn't have the resources to iterate on tests, you probably won't achieve full value from this tool. Because the tool is expensive, I feel that large organizations with massive advertising and/or social footprints would benefit the best from Optimizely. Optimizely can allow gradual rollouts of new features with advanced analytics, giving key stakeholders visibility into client traction with new content rollout.,VWO, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Leanplum, Unbounce and Instapage,Laravel PHP Framework, UnbounceKick-ass if you've got a budget!I am using Optimzely with multiple clients in order to battle test marketing messages for relevancy to their potential client base. I am also constantly pushing personalization of the customer experience, which Optimizely helps me to achieve, and in large numbers. With a few clients, I am also using it to test and push new product features to ensure optimum customer delight!,Battle testing marketing messages. Personalization to prospects and customers. Product feature testing. Their user experience in Bang On!,I've had some bugs with the preview tool. Their cost structure sucks for small businesses - they seem to be aiming for more medium to enterprise-sized customers who need scale. Analytics are a bit weak as it applies to user retention.,10,I've had nothing but positive ROI for clients. As much as 200% increase in prospect to a client due to rockin' messaging optimization and improvement, as well as personalization.,Apptimize, Adobe Target and Monetate,Zoom Video Webinar, Backblaze, HubSpot CRMPlease A/B test this review!We use Optimizely for all of our A/B webpage testing across both our main website and any campaign landing pages. Only the Marketing department uses this tool. We use Optimizely to test out theories in order to see their effect on conversion rates and other relevant KPI's.,It makes it easy to set up the A/B testing parameters and allow us to focus on running multiple tests. We love the ability to exclude audiences so that the test data is as pure as possible We like the interface since its easy to see what version is "winning",There is a bit of a learning curve with the interface, it's not that intuitive day 1. You will need a web dev to help get these tests set up. It is not easy enough for a non-tech person to do.,8,It has a positive ROI overall on the organization. It has saved us from lowering our conversion rates due to the data we get from the test results.,Acquia Lift,Google Analytics Premium, Drupal, Acquia Platform, Marketo,3,2,To test an element to increase the conversion rate on a specific page. To prove (or disprove) with data the idea that a person may have to "improve" a web page. To see the impact of what a small change could have and at times be surprised how much something like a color change can affect user behavior.,Finding out what "little things" can do to move the needle and make a difference in the performance of a page.,Use it for ongoing personalization of content based on either 1st or 3rd party data. Testing new elements to increase time on site or click troughs to content pieces.,8Great Tool for CRO ProgramsWhen we first implemented Optimizely, I was the only one using it to run tests. As I gained momentum and other members of the marketing team, management and customer service became familiar with the platform and possibilities, they began contributing to the testing backlog and even running tests themselves.,It's simple to integrate with any website, one tag in the header and you're good to go in a few minutes! The interface to set up experiments is easy to use for simple experiments, just about anyone who can use a computer can set up an experiment in the Optimizely editor. Their new Stats Engine they realeased a few years back allows marketers to declare a winner sooner (with a smaller required sample size) than traditional statistics would allow.,While it's great they offer a free version, technical support for more difficult experiment set up is unavailable unless you are an enterprise level member. Optimizely has a synchronous tag, which means it cannot be added to a website using Google Tag Manager (>90% of all sites using a TMS use GTM so this affects most users.) I'm sure most of us mathletes would appreciate a more in depth explanation of the statistics used in their new Stats Engine. I did a lot of digging when it was first released and wasn't able to get answers from their support team. It's great to be able to test more rapidly but understanding the maths behind the decision engine is paramount - or your essentially flying blind.,10,ROI is always positive - because it's free! I've run some experiments with estimated uplift in annual revenue of over $0.5MM (or an additional 2.2% revenue). It's a great tool to use for team-building. Everyone can have input to a CRO program - I prefer to send out a Google form to an entire company to allow anyone to submit ideas to the backlog.,Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, AdRoll,2,7,CRO Quick fixes for website bugs or errors, last minute updates etc. Marketing,One year we ran a countdown timer on the site navigation, it really boosted conversions One time we tested adding an additional checkout button on the shopping cart and saw a rediculous increase in conversion rate It ended up beating a great training tool for new employees learning about statistics and the science behind CRO,I would really use it for anything that comes up, it’s a great training tool for those starting out and in a pinch when a developer’s not around for emergency updates.,10I'm Optimistic about OptimizelyI've primarily used Optimizely for it's A/B testing functionality. Within my last 3 roles, Optimizely has been a key MarTech tool within the marketing and demand gen teams. Recently, we've began using the web personalization feature, which enables us to provide specific customers, either geolocalically, returning customers, etc, with results personalized on their data.,A/B Testing: To run an A/B test through Optimizely is incredibly simple when compared to other tools. And if you're using WordPress, it's even more easy as they have a plugin that enables you to use the tool directly through the CMS. Simple personalization: There is no need to hire/contract a full stacked developer to create a website that can personalize for visitors; Optimizely enables you to do simple personalizations. And from a B2B perspective, we didn't want to put all our eggs in the basket on personalization, so Optimizely enabled us to test it out. Display of Data: The graphs that you get are simple and easy to understand. And with their "Always Valid' analytics promise, I feel like I'm seeing the correct data at all times.,While I love the personalization feature on desktop, we have encountered glitches with the function on mobile. There are times where it slows down mobile speed, won't load correctly, or doesn't work. The visual editor is easy to use, but I do often become flustered with lag time on changes, or just being unable to format something the way I want it. The audience targeting is helpful for getting things off and running, but you have to make sure it's formatted correctly, or else you have to start over, or update manually.,8,Positive: ROI is high. We started seeing results based on A/B testing within a month and with personalization within two months. Negative: While it is easy to use and implement, there is a learning curve that requires testing and some reading/video watching to full utilize the tool. Negative: Our mobile performance did see a slight dip in traffic and increase in bounce rate as we encountered glitches on mobile.,Evergage, VWO and Unbounce,Sitecore Web Content Management, SpyFu, Brightcove, BrightEdge
Optimizely

Optimizely Reviews

Optimizely
Top Rated Award
Showing 72 of 250 Optimizely ratings and reviews.

Alec Dibble profile photo
January 11, 2019

User Review: "Optimizely Is The Industry Leader"

Read Alec Dibble's full review
Sylvia Flores profile photo
January 10, 2019

Optimizely Review: "Kick-ass if you've got a budget!"

Read Sylvia Flores's full review
Brian Nizinsky profile photo
January 11, 2019

Optimizely: "Please A/B test this review!"

Read Brian Nizinsky's full review
Polly Harris profile photo
January 10, 2019

Optimizely Review: "Great Tool for CRO Programs"

Read Polly Harris's full review
Justina Logozzo profile photo
January 10, 2019

User Review: "I'm Optimistic about Optimizely"

Read Justina Logozzo's full review
Chris Lesner profile photo
January 10, 2019

User Review: "Optimizely Is Great - highly recommend"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Optimizely is being used to help us figure out better messaging and get better engagement on our website. It allows us to test which images, call to actions, colors, messages, etc. convert best on any and every page we have. This not only effects website engagement, but how we choose to message in our ads based on the data we have found from our website to work.
Read Chris Lesner's full review

"Optimizely Review"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Optimizely is used by almost everyone on my team on a daily basis. We work with many clients who use Optimizely as their primary A/B, MVT, and personalization testing tool, and we both consult with them on best practices on how to use the tool, as well as execute our own analysis within the tool (if an analytics platform is not paired with it).
December 28, 2018

Optimizely Review: "A great solution if you don't have built-in A/B testing options"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our marketing team uses Optimizely to A/B test landing pages. It's a great tool to test things like buttons, taglines, images. etc. It's very easy to use and gives you really good data on how your different site variations compare. I would recommend it to any marketing staff who controls a website or landing pages.
January 17, 2019

User Review: "Optimizely is an 8 out of 10!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Optimizely to test a wide variety of landing pages across multiple product lines. We also used it to test against multiple segments to learn more about how our content was converting.
Thue Lægdsgaard Madsen profile photo
December 13, 2017

Optimizely Review: "Decent optimization tool"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Optimizely on the marketing team to run A/B and multivariate tests. Mainly we use it for splitting our traffic when testing not so much for building the actual tests themselves. The tests that we use it for are mainly to verify hypothesis around the top of our funnel acquisition flow in connection with our marketing site.
Read Thue Lægdsgaard Madsen's full review
Tigran Hakobyan profile photo
December 08, 2017

Review: "Optimizely is a great A/B testing platform. Highly recommended!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Optimizely helped us in running quick experiments on our websites. We used it for A/B testing in order to understand which call to action button colors/style/text was working better and converting more users. I personally set up the experiments and did the tests. The integration part was very easy.
Read Tigran Hakobyan's full review
January 12, 2018

User Review: "Optimizely is at the top of the list"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I previously used Optimizely to conduct A/B tests for our conversion landing pages. We needed to increase conversions and Optimizely has a number of features that allowed us to determine what worked best. I also used Optimizely on our main website to test out certain scenarios regarding our customer service activities.
December 06, 2017

Optimizely Review: "Powerful Optimization Tool -- But comes with a price."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We manage multiple brands, and we choose to use Optimizely on one of them. We mainly use Optimizely on this website for testing to improve our conversion rate with simple A/B tests, and we also use Optimizely to modify messaging and sales prices on front of site when running flash sales. In a pinch, we can also use Optimizely to make hot fixes when we find errors and typos, until we can get our dev team to put a more permanent fix in for the bug.
Grant Wilkins profile photo
December 16, 2016

Optimizely Review: "It's Easy as A/B/C - Experimentation Made Simple"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

At Northern Tool + Equipment the design and analytics teams primarily use Optimizely to test design, usability and promotional changes to see what impacts our users in a meaningful way. We run experiments to determine whether or not a new feature is worth building, an existing feature or piece of content is useful or clutters the page and should be removed, and also what promotions and marketing messages resonate.
Read Grant Wilkins's full review
Andrew Weitsman profile photo
October 10, 2016

Review: "Optimizely A/B Testing Delivers Results"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Optimizely to test new ideas from the marketing and development teams. The scale varies, from link redirects and button color changes all the way to page redesigns and conversion funnel adjustments. It is very easy to set up and use, allowing us to determine actionable results from our experiments before looking into a full development project. There are many features that allow for WYSIWYG page edits, but the platform's real power comes across to users who have at least a cursory understanding of HTML, Javascript and JQuery. It allows users to take experiments from thought to action with almost no time in between, and is a valuable tool for our growth and development plans.
Read Andrew Weitsman's full review
Brynn Arego profile photo
April 04, 2016

Review: "Optimizely lets you test easily with low overhead."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We utilize Optimizely to test our clients UX on the Magento platform. It is easy to install and there is a handy module for Magento that makes it easy for clients to add the snippet to their site. Optimizely is very easy to use and even better if you have jQuery knowledge. It loads fast and allows you to test many things on the site without a lot of overhead and minimal effort. If you are a savvy user it is easy to work with. If someone isn't savvy and tries to use the editor there is a risk of breaking your site. For example, if working with a product detail page template, be wary of using their WYSIWYG editor on any dynamic information like pricing. It can turn it into a static html element on the page. Overall it's a great tool that allows you to be nimble with your testing and has great reporting on the results of your test.
Read Brynn Arego's full review
Benjamin Himley profile photo
March 08, 2016

Optimizely Review: "Changed the way our front end development process worked in a great way!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Optimizely whenever our front end/design team wants to make changes to the UI. Using A/B tests with Optimizely, we measure different kinds of user engagement (search actions, registrations) and use the results to help drive design decisions. On-boarding and support from Optimizely was first-rate. I'd recommend for anybody looking to start use A/B testing for their front end.
Read Benjamin Himley's full review
Matthew Pimenta profile photo
March 21, 2016

User Review: "Optimizely and You: An A/B Love Story"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Optimizely is, among other things, a conversion rate optimization tool. This allows our creative and development teams to build unique desktop experiences for the many different users who interact with the site. Whether it's testing an A/B (or C/D/E) split among different creative and structural choices or simply just showing a different page for a different geographic location, Optimizely helps target and switch fairly seamlessly.

Sometimes traffic and engagement metrics to websites will stagnate. And Optimizely is a way to test different website layouts to discover winners (or losers) in a statistically significant way.
Read Matthew Pimenta's full review
Joseph Taylor profile photo
March 18, 2016

Optimizely Review: "Its a MUST HAVE - period."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As the head of our company's front end team, I use Optimizely to prove concepts and ideas before having the team fully develop the feature to see if it will get any traction. We use it to vet ideas that come in from product and marketing as a regular part of our process.
Read Joseph Taylor's full review
Sean Cleveland profile photo
September 30, 2015

Review: "If you are wanting to improve your site, use Optimizely!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Optimizely on our company website to primarily help increase our customers / visitors conversion. We are an eCommerce site so our primary focus is on CTA and making sure our customers are able to easily find what they are looking for. We primarily have used it to test layout changes, but have done some redirect testing as well.
Read Sean Cleveland's full review
Jeremy Bradford profile photo
September 09, 2015

User Review: "Doing it fast with Optimizely"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Optimizely is now our primary tool for A/B testing and deploying temporary code fixes between releases. It's been an amazing tool for us and has helped us ramp up our optimization efforts considerably. We've gone from deploying a handful of experiments per year to launching several new tests every week. I'm the primary user of the tool, working in the product department, but I often seek out help from various developers as we conceive of progressively more complicated experiments. I've been amazed by what you can do with Optimizely and a little determination. We've lifted conversion rates all over our site with Optimizely.
Read Jeremy Bradford's full review
Renee Thompson profile photo
August 14, 2015

User Review: "Optimizely Rocks"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My team uses Optimizely; we are responsible for conversion optimization across my company. I have 2 folks that work for me, and we are the 3 users. We are an online B2B media company, so we use Optimizely to run tests across our network of sites (~75 sites) and landing pages, with a goal of increasing conversions (leads, registrations) as well as engagement (primarily measured by pages per visit and time on site).
Read Renee Thompson's full review
Brian DeLoach profile photo
August 11, 2015

User Review: "Why we're happy with Optimizely"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Optimizely is primarily used by our testing team though a few colleagues outside the team have access as well. We use Optimizely as our sole A/B testing, personalization and conversion rate optimization tool. We have used it to improve our registration flows, landing pages and to make our content more engaging.
Read Brian DeLoach's full review

About Optimizely

Optimizely Integrations

SessionCam, AdBasis, Oracle DMP (Bluekai)

Optimizely Competitors