October 28, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
Read Lisa Pinto-Hendron's full review
Pros and Cons
- Optimizely has a really powerful WYSIWYG editor. Not every marketing department is blessed with a talented developer. So this puts the power in the business user's hand, without getting bogged down in coding.
- If you are blessed with a talented developer (as we are) you also have the option of doing very advanced coding through the Optimizely program. This gives us flexibility we never had before and a window to testing we never thought possible.
- Optimizely segmentation is a power tool. The ability to customize the testing experience based on the segment is a strong advantage to any testing tool. We haven't even scratched the surface on the segments we can test through.
- It would be helpful to add some advanced reporting. We have some scenarios where to only want to proof our test is to follow a user down a full path which can at times be harder to accomplish. We have solved this problem, mainly, by building customer trigger events.
- A roll-up of past tests and their outcomes might be a nice feature. We have an offline report that our team lead develops at the end of each test.