November 15, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is best in breed to manage and monitor Oracle IT assets including Oracle Database and Oracle Cloud.
- It is also able to monitor non-Oracle components as well including non-Oracle storage, middleware, and virtualization technologies.
- It has a simple UI that can be used to pretty much do most basic management and IT life cycle management tasks for the full IT stack, both on-prem and cloud.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control can do a better job in actively managing (as opposed to monitoring) non-Oracle IT components including non-Oracle Database, middleware, and storage.
- The UI is less responsive and sometimes slow and the user experience could certainly be improved.
- There is also an issue with positioning as other Oracle products sometimes come with their own versions of management console so it is hard to justify paying for Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control separately or as a new attachment.