Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- Ad hoc reporting and search capabilities are leading class and easy to use/understand.
- Drill back capabilities from the GL to the integrated modules makes research easy for the GL team.
- Integrated reconciliation features from the submodules to the GL streamlines month-end activity.
- While smart view and FRS are great tools, having more built-in dashboard capability with direct easy-to-use drilling to transactions would be a great added feature that other ERP packages have.
- In AP, it takes too many clicks to do the work in both invoicing and payment processing.
- The intercompany module is limited to how it can be used. You can’t tie transactions to multiple suppliers and multiple addresses/sites.
- The flexibility of different elements to determine accounting for different transactions (SLA).
- The integration between Time & Labor and the Projects application makes for a seamless process when billing customers for time worked by our resources.
- The process of upgrading functionality is simple as all updates are performed by Oracle and can be taken generally when your business is ready to use said functionality.
- The documentation provided for each release needs improvement, it at times is not updated properly when features are added/removed from a release.
- The consistency of the user interface should be improved across applications. Oracle has focused on the Human Resources experience and the same effort needs to be undertaken for the Finance application.
- The depth of features in the Expenses module needs to be improved. There are features standard to other products that it does not offer like the ability to enter an expense and mark it non-reimbursable.
- User-friendly, intuitive interface. Comes with dashboards and inbuilt analytics.
- Comes with inbuilt collaboration tools, which helps in achieving efficiency through inter and intradepartmental collaboration.
- Helps in closing the books on time with automated reconciliations.
- Helps with ease of use and streamlined business process.
- All the features available in the Oracle E-business Suite application are not available yet. Oracle is working hard to bring them in. The sooner the better.
- The Oracle support needs to improve. More information needs to be provided on Oracle's support website.
- Oracle needs to give importance to the Oracle community. So that more users use it and more people find help in it.
- Oracle should disseminate the information freely on various products, issues, etc. The information is not available in an easily accessible way.
- There is scope for improvement in the user guides. They should be simple with diagrams, pictures, etc. As of now, it is not easy to understand from the documentation.
- Ease of managing the same aspects for different companies. Having them all in the same system makes it easy for the same person to deal with many companies at the same time.
- Our PO approval process workflow has helped different departments manage their purchases and make sure that the ones who are able to approve look at everything. It gives the ability to approve via email without having to go into the system and is great for people that only approve but do not use the application.
- The accounts payables department who deals with a high volume of invoices from suppliers for all our locations has made their work easier by using the integrator provided by Oracle. It makes the data entry process less intensive and helps them upload large quantities of invoices in an easier way.
- The payment approval process does not have the ability to do parallel approvals for payment and that is something that we currently use in another system we have for check printing.
- The app interface could benefit from standardization between different modules as they look or work different sometimes in different places.
- It is slower than a traditional fat client when doing intensive data entry processes.
If the company is small then it might be too pricey for them and they may not take full advantage of some of the capabilities. Maybe, in that case, they should look elsewhere.
Oracle Financials Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Financials Cloud
Oracle Financials Cloud is a suite of financial applications within the broader E-Business Suite. It provides core accounting functionality, as well as self-service, mobile-accessible, multidimensional reporting. Financials Cloud also enables invoicing and payment tracking, and it centralizes accounting processes and data from across an organization. The application suite is built on a common financial platform, enabling integration with 3rd-party and legacy applications and data formats. It is designed to handle global enterprises with country-specific payment formats and reports.
Oracle Financials Cloud Technical Details