Oracle Service Cloud is the help desk and customer experience management platform from Oracle. The technology was developed and supported by RightNow Technologies as RightNow CX for cloud-based call center automation, until that company's acquisition by Oracle in 2011 for about $1.5 billion.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/SB/9f/XXI2BGBPVW7K.JPEGOracle Service Cloud... two years of mixed feelingsOracle Service Cloud is used in our organization mainly by the contact center (although other service providers, such as customer success managers) also use the standalone co-browse module to assist our customers. Service Cloud allows us to offer a chat channel to our customers and to measure the success and efficiency of this channel.,Captures a lot of data - the information helps management understand customer sentiment, peak hours, and agent behavior Can be configured and customized heavily,The .NET desktop agent desktop is pretty clunky (installation issues, really outdated UI, performance issues if you do too much customization). I recommend you use the Browser User Interface instead for a more modern experience for your agents and admins (Oracle seems to be trying to add the entire feature set from the desktop version to the browser version of their agent-facing product, but it's not all there yet) Oracle Support is difficult and cumbersome. You will have an uphill battle on your hands any time you need assistance (and since the product is so customizable and complex, you WILL need assistance!) May be a bit of a repeat, but this is a complicated beast of a product. There are black boxes littered all over the place. And you can see the "seams" where they've stitched together applications they acquired. Some modules are very clean and intuitive while others are stuck in the dark ages. The onus will be on you as the customer to learn how to wield the application.,2,Live chat Co-browse,We are not using Oracle Service Cloud's knowledge management product. We utilize some different products to provide a knowledge base to our customers and internal users.,last year we rolled out a 2.0 version of a customer facing application and migrated our customers to it. The standalone cobrowse product from Oracle Service Cloud made this process significantly smoother We hear from customers regularly that they appreciate having the ability to chat while they're inside our app. In using the Feedback component during chat sessions, we're able to quantify customer sentiment and find where we can streamline processes and departmental handoffs. We've had to spend a huge chunk of time and money on maintaining Oracle Service Cloud, not worth it compared to the value we get out of it as an organization. I spend close to 70% of my time handling it (surprise data purges, overzealous spam filtering, performance issues and crashes, Oracle releasing updates that break things like cobrowse within chat and click-once installation, even just grappling with Oracle Support can be a full time job) and since we only use chat and cobrowse, it's hardly worth it.,Not a member of any user groups,LiveChat, Bomgar Remote Support Software, Bloomfire and JitBit Help Desk,1,Yes,After Oracle broke something major and I submitted an SR, I got pretty good support from a senior technician. Called me rather than just forcing me to login to their portal to update my ticket.,Standalone co-browse - it's consistently intuitive for end user, agent, and administrator Basic reports - if you have some BI/report writing experience, you can easily figure this out (however the tool is OTBI so it's very limited) and it comes with a lot of canned reports that are easy to copy and customize,Editing workspaces (the UI where your agent will interact with a ticket, a chat, the knowledge base, etc) is so clunky. The rules engine in the .NET desktop version is unforgiving . First, from a UI perspective it's just scary. I've seen the demo of the Rules 2.0 on the browser UI and it looks a lot better, but frankly, the bar was pretty low! Second, it has some squirrelly way of writing escalation rules that just makes no sense - we hired an Oracle Consulting expert to write those rules and she got stumped too. Also it has some missing features like ability to export... we and a lot of customers have pretty extensive rulebases, it's hard to view everything on the screen the way we need, so an export would be nice. Setting up profiles and navigation sets (just to control user permissions and views) is a headache. Managing spam and other filtering of emails (if you connect your email channel to Service Cloud) is awful - you have three or four places you have to check for filtered emails including a third party vendor portal. And there's not a lot of detail, and none of the various portals has an intuitive user experience. I had to ask Support several times how to do something simple like throttle down my spam filter. Submitting tickets to Oracle Support - their own portal is slow, complex to navigate, and the dropdown options that I HAVE to fill in make no sense to me. Takes me at least 20 minutes just to fill in their form before I can write up my actual issue. And then I always have to specify that i did in fact read the article in the knowledge base or they will just send me a link to their crappy documentation. Lots of little nooks and crannies, such as if you want to add a chat queue, you'd have to add the queue to a customizable list, then you'd have to add it to each profile (a group of users) so they can access it, and then you'd have to make sure it was written into your rulebase. It's easy to get lost. Administering the product environments (upgrades, interfaces, mailboxes, utilities, etc)- some of this is done from the console, some is done from a portal called Configuration Assistant, some is done from their Support Portal, and I think there are a couple other portals I'm forgetting. None of them have single sign on, and heaven help you if you need to be on a PCI or HIPAA pod, because then there's even more complexity to logging into their various portals. So if I need to do something simple like check when the Techmail utility was last run, I go to portal A. Then if I see it's not running I have to go to Portal B to find out if it's enabled.,Yes, but I don't use itOracle rocksUsing service cloud to help track the customer experience with various data points. Service cloud has helped us develop a back-office servicing channel to move away from front line customer service representatives; savings us on overall efficiency as an organization as well as improving the customer experience.,Great reporting Ease of use for user Open APIs,More advanced reporting,9,Web self-service Live chat Social media Email Video chat,Yes: we’ve enabled our customers to advance the tool as customer demand/needs change.,Reduced staffing need Decrease customer delays (better cycle time) Cross trained staff,Not a member of any user groups,ContactWorld for Salesforce,500,200,Efficiency Customer experience Employee empowerment,8,Axiom Sales Force Development,Not Sure,Price,Implemented in-house,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,Change Education Adoption,9,7,Customer satisfaction Data analytics Omnichanel,8Oracle RightNow: the Cadillac of CRMsHandles and prioritizes emails, chats, and incidents well. Very extensive help documentation and support. Well-organized considering its complexity. Robust in handling different agent skill sets and permissions. Various aspects of service integrate well (e.g. knowledge base and incident handling). Frequent upgrades that are very thoroughly supported. Very robust and customizable analytics..,I'd like to see agent skills switched to be agent-based rather than profile-based. (Supposedly this is coming in a future release). Under the current setup, agents are assigned to profiles in a many-to-one ratio. Each profile represents a combination of skills that the agent handles. This limits agent permissions to profiles... we can't just add "Skill X" or "Queue Y" to an agent without creating a unique profile for them. It would be much more scalable and agile to customize skills for each agent... that way, for instance, an agent could get trained on "Skill X" and then start getting emails from the "Skill X" queue while their untrained-for-X peers wouldn't. Better tutorials for absolute beginners. (The tutorials are there; but I mean tutorials for absolute first-timers.) Support is thorough, but for complicated issues it can sometimes take several rounds of back-and-forth. Analytics are robust, but not intuitive, and absolutely require training. RightNow does not currently have an easy way to integrate with some of the big WFM (workforce management) players in the space, without very extensive (and expensive) custom consulting work. Our phone vendor can do it for a few $k. But RightNow can't. This is an increasingly important trend and the lack of an API for this is a big weakness.,8,It is essential for our large-scale customer service operation. It scales well based on load. Provides us with accurate metrics to measure employee productivity and customer satisfaction.,,500,3,Answering, routing, and prioritizing customer chats. Answering, routing, and prioritizing customer emails. Extensive knowledge base and help center capability.,I've used Custom Objects to build a feature that tracks operational incidents (external to RightNow), and how they impact RightNow incidents.,We are looking into sales/marketing features for the future.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Reputation Vendor Reputation,Implemented in-house Professional services company,Yes,Every bit of it seemed to be more complex than anticipated, because of the interdependency of all the components. (Each part affected other parts.),8,Yes,8,Yes,Oracle is exceptional at escalating support to the proper party. Sometimes it can take some time for the really tricky inquiries; but their resolution rate is nearly 100%.,Agent account setup. Business rules and routing.,Mailbox setup can be tricky. Product/category setup and linking has some peculiarities that are essential to know. Customer Portal (all the customer-facing end-user pages) is really tricky and cumbersome and is the most difficult part of maintaining RightNow.,Yes, but I don't use it,8Review of the RightNow KnowledgebaseThe Knowledgebase searching capabilities were much better than the previous system we used. In addition to searching the body of the answer, it will also search the first several hundred unique words of the attachments. The software is very flexible. Almost everything is customizable. You can get very detailed reports concerning which answers and attachments are looked at, and by which customers, each month. This data is only kept for 30 days, but you can setup rules to automatically export the reports to files that can be emailed. Customers can "subscribe" to get notified if a specific answer gets updated, or anything in a particular category is created or updated. When you update an answer, you can decide if you want to generate a notification to subscribed customers. For example, if you are just changing the grammar, you won't want a notification to go out. You can easily add links to other answers within your answer. This prevents you from having to duplicate information in various related answers.,The Knowledgebase has a feature where it will suggest other related answers for you to look at. The problem is that there is no way to limit the suggestions to the category you are currently in. For instance, if the customer is looking at notebook computer answers, the system will suggest answers in a server or modem category. This caused a problem for us because when customers were looking at answers related to a current product, RightNow would recommend answers that were associated with legacy products we no longer sold and thus didn't want to advertise. Because we could not limit suggested answers to the same category, even after consulting with RightNow experts, we had to turn this feature off. RightNow has a lot of great reports that show answer statistics -- how many times each answer has been viewed each day/week/month, etc (however you configure the report). However, they don't have a way to add an IP address range to ignore, or a company name to ignore, so that you can filter out internal company views. We wanted to know how many customers viewed answers vs seeing reports that lumped our support personnel statistics in with customer statistics. RightNow doesn't automatically filter out SPAM IP addresses in their reports or access counts. We suddenly noticed that the numbers on our statistical reports had increased from previous months. When I explored the huge increase with RightNow, I found out that known spammers had been hitting our site. Rather than RightNow filtering out the IPs at a corporate level, each customer has to monitor for spamming hits and individually enter in the IP addresses into their configuration software to get them excluded. We were frustrated because this requirement/process was not communicated to us when we started using the software. Thus, we had a couple months of useless statistical data (RightNow was unable to go back and filter the spammer data from our reports. However, they did give us a credit on our monthly usage). As an administrator of our Knowledgebase, I wanted to be notified whenever anybody edited an answer, vs just getting a notice when a new answer was created. RightNow support engineers told me this was not possible, so I had to manually scan reports a couple of times a month to see which answers changed. I wish there had been a way to get an automatic notification the same day an answer was changed so that I could review it in a timely manner.,8,Our customer service was greatly increased once we switched to the RighNow Knowledgebase because it was easier for customers to find needed information. The ability to search attachments contributed to the search improvements. Because each answer has an ID associated with it, we could tell a customer to just search for answer ###. In our old system, we had to tell customer to look for specific key words, and if they mis-typed something that would effect the search results. The Knowledgebase comes with a mobile app. This made it easier for our support engineers to assist customers while they were away from the office.,,5,2,Customer support -- provide answers to common questions about our products, so that customers could search the Knowlebase vs opening a ticket with support Assisting support engineers -- often our engineers would search the Knowledgebase when assisting customers Promoting products -- OLDI's website lines to product brochures and instructional videos that are included in the Knowledgebase Storing firmware/software updates -- when OLDI updates software or firmware, the updates are included in Knowledgebase answers so that customers can easily access them. A link to the answer can be easily sent to a customer.,Product brochures used to be stored both on the company website and in the Knowledgebase. Now, the company's website simply links to the appropriate Knowledgebase answer.,In the future they might explore implementing the Chat capability.,8,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,If we had initially insisted on "trying before buying" we would not have wasted time with the first vendor we selected (and then abandoned).,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,The company RightNow recommended we hire to provide us training and setup advice was not very knowledgable. After I leaned the product I realized that much of the advice they gave us was incorrect. Also, there were many things they should have told us to do that they didn't. For example, they knew that searching attachments was important to us, but they didn't tell us that this searching was not automatic. There was a hidden checkbox we had to check for each attachment we wanted searched. It was time-consuming to go back and check the boxes after-the-fact (once we realized our attachments weren't being searched). If I were to do it again, I would pay the extra money to hire RightNow consultants vs an external company during the implementation.,6,No,6,No,Although it was a cumbersome process, we were finally able to purchase several hours of time with a RightNow application engineer. HE WAS EXCELLENT and showed me ways to achieve things we needed that support had told me I could not do. For instance, since we could not filter out our company employees from the report statistics, he showed me how to implement ClickStreams reports, and this helped solve our needs. Prior to this, we had no knowledge of this option. The consultant we worked with during our initial setup had not mentioned it. Neither had RightNow support, but to support's credit, they were just answering the specific questions I was asking.Honest Review of Oracle RightNowCustomer Centric User Interface Multi-Channel Capabilities Knowledge Base is excellent,Oracle is not investing in the product Increase the sales capabilities of the product Create better integrations into the Oracle products,6,Increased employee efficiency Better Customer Service,,Customer service improvement Self-service Increased efficiency,5,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,Yes,5,No.,8
Oracle Service Cloud

Oracle Service Cloud Reviews

Oracle Service Cloud
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 5 of 187 Oracle Service Cloud ratings and reviews.

Kristine Tannert profile photo
September 28, 2018

Review: "Oracle Service Cloud... two years of mixed feelings"

Support

Technicians seem to be assessed based solely on how quickly they close the issues. I've had to reopen requests multiple times because they didn't actually solve my problem.

Also, when the issue has even a moderate amount of complexity, the technicians often instruct me to "open another SR" to handle the other issue. I'm the customer, I shouldn't have to follow their processes, they should handle that for me. But even when I create the new SR, it seems like their right hand isn't talking to their left - they aren't reading back to the previous issue for context. So I get bounced around a lot, and I have to tell them how to do their job.
Read Kristine Tannert's full review
Mig Ponce profile photo
January 06, 2014

Oracle Service Cloud Review: "Oracle RightNow: the Cadillac of CRMs"

Support

Some of the more complicated inquiries can take some time; but in general, the support is very thorough. RightNow doesn't stop working on your issue until it's completely resolved. They have VERY extensive documentation for each version, as well as really thorough help documentation. REALLY thorough.
Read Mig Ponce's full review
December 18, 2013

Oracle Service Cloud: "Review of the RightNow Knowledgebase"

Support

Unless your site is down, and the ticket is thus marked critical, it takes 24 WORKING hours to get an initial response, which equals 3 days. If I had a window of time to work on a configuration issue, it was frustrating to have to table my work for 3 or more days while waiting for a response. I had not expected the "24 hour" SLA to mean "24 working hours."

Once we finally connected with RightNow staff, they were very knowledgeable

Organize and prioritize service tickets (51)
Expert directory (32)
Subscription-based notifications (37)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (31)
Ticket creation and submission (52)
Ticket response (52)
External knowledge base (45)
Internal knowledge base (52)
Customer portal (50)
IVR (20)
Social integration (29)
6.6
Email support (54)
Help Desk CRM integration (37)

About Oracle Service Cloud

Oracle Service Cloud, part of the Oracle CX Cloud Suite, is a cloud-based, omnichannel solution that captures a 360-degree view of every customer in a dynamic and unified agent desktop. According to the vendor, Oracle Service Cloud’s innovative approach is driven by knowledge, automation, and evolving customer interaction channels, simplifying every service experience for service administrators and customers alike. By helping to differentiate your organization’s service experience, Oracle Service Cloud delivers measurable business impacts across all industries.

This flexible and scalable platform includes: Web Customer Service, Cross-Channel Contact Center, Field Service Management, Knowledge Management, and Oracle Policy Automation.

Oracle Service Cloud Features

Has featureKnowledge Management
Has featurePolicy Automation

Oracle Service Cloud Screenshots

Oracle Service Cloud Integrations

Everything on the Oracle Marketplace (75+ apps)

Oracle Service Cloud Competitors

Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, SAP CRM Service Manager, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM)

Oracle Service Cloud Support Options