Reviews (26-50 of 124)
- Customer experience.
- Low code.
- Customer engagement.
- OS resource knowledge depth.
- Flexibility in the UI, especially for healthcare documentation module.
- Architecture design specific to the client.
- Out of the BOX functionality limitations.
At the moment, we use it for our drivers, for maintenance repairs, and for a select group of our customers. We have at the moment a fully functioning OutSystems applications within our company.
Less suited for rebuilding an entire application. This was our greatest mistake. Never rebuild. Build something next to it.
- Create applications with little development knowledge or skill. If someone does have development skills it makes it even better.
- Ability to integrate external resources. Being able to integrate from third-party and internal resources is a big help.
- Being able to see changes to the UI in near real-time is great. This makes development go fast and reduces errors.
- The experience for Mac users with dual monitors is less than optimal.
- Ease of use - a novice programmer can put together an application quickly.
- Strong integration with other features and services through Forge.
- Good after purchase support - they really want us to be successful!
- Implementation was a little slow for our liking (3+ weeks).
- A local user group would be a welcome addition (I know that is hard unless there are plenty of users).
- Getting this product into the hands of "grass roots" developers would be a big and welcome set up.
- The quick drag and drop way of building the application
- Easy way to deploy to next stage in development process
- Nice look and feel
- Upgrade to next version of product is slow
- Support doesn't communicate very well in an escalation
- Flexibility - We can do anything in it.
- Speed - The solutions are done much quicker.
- Quality - We make good user experiences both for our staff and our customers.
- The upgrade processes have been pretty painful.
- Easy to develop a new program without IT education.
- Easy to change parts of your program.
- Helps in fast digital transformation.
- More help in setting up the correct architecture.
- Problems with multiple developers working and then publishing the same module.
- Simple - The product itself is simple to use with its low-code drag and drop interface.
- Extensible - I hate systems that don't allow me to extend them as and when I need to. OutSystems lets me extend in whatever way I want to, which could be support for a foreign database, to custom C# to integrate something completely different.
- Supported - The system is supported really, really well. there is a forum that is incredibly active, both the partners and OutSystems are responsive.
- "The OutSystems way" - As a web designer and developer, I often feel that some of the components, and the way that some "web blocks" work could be improved.
- User interface.
- DevOps integration.
- Connect with 3rd party plug-ins.
- In terms of organization, the customer should be free to choose the best way of work, instead of using always the Fabric Model.
- Code audits and reviews.
- Simple to make changes.
- It demos very well.
- It has a strong user base.
- It requires different thinking about SDLC and releases mgmt.
- Developers need to be trained.
- With so much flexibility, it is easy to over complicate products.
We are using OutSystems to automate our process and save time between management and internal process
I highly recommend this OutSystems to everyone who wants and needs good results in a short period of time.
- It eliminates the need to code (and thereby the need to understand the syntax with the coding languages); hence the idea/title of "low-code."
- Mobile development through auto-generated responsive web-apps. A huge value in this space alone!
- Minimal training is needed to become proficient. Business systems analysts are productive & proficient in a month. It helps respond to the war on talent!
- It marries the best of DevOps technologies with integration tools and code-generation. This platform represents a higher level of abstraction in the development process. With automatic provisioning of databases and infrastructure, the process is greatly automated.
- OutSystems seek and certify to HIPPA compliance.
- The OutSystems community needs to come together to solve for the lack of OS engineers in the USA (it's being worked on, but needs to accelerate).
- Technology leaders are usually the resisters to this platform/approach; yet business leaders readily appreciate the value. More needs to be done to help leaders get over the stigma associated with low-code (this new approach to development).
- Deployment management – OutSystems has a built in robust, multi-environment deployment system that helps ensures the clean and error free deployment of applications through the development, testing and production product lifecycle
- Rapid application development – Through the low code, graphical development environment you can develop applications far quicker than with more traditional development environments
- Cross platform mobile development – OutSystems handle the development and building of mobile application for both iOS and Android in a simple streamlined way that removes 90% of the problems normally associated with multi platform development
- Price – The licensing model of OutSystems is very expensive and not suitable for small scale developments. This is offset by the time to develop and stability for larger scale developments
- Flexibility on PaaS version – The PaaS hosted version of OutSystems limits your flexibility to access the front end and backend database systems which can significantly restrict your options on high data volume developments or where anything requiring slightly out of the ordinary access is required
- Same price for PaaS and self-hosted system. Licensing model dictates that you pay the same price even when you host the system on your own hardware which effectively means you pay more to manage the infrastructure yourself
OutSystems is extremely well suited where you require a fast time to market combined with a robust deployment process. It also provides enterprise grade redundancy and vertical scalability with SLA’s approaching those available with any other tier 1 application.
OutSystems is not well suited for small scale or “cheap” application due to it’s high “per object” licensing costs and minimum license fees.
- Development speed.
- Abstraction. Focus on business.
- Easy to modify and change.
- Great support and community.
- OutSystems covers 99.99% of all necessities in enterprise and mobile development. That 0.01% we always can look up outside.
It's the Holy Grail of enterprise software. Everything can be more dynamic, business and development are closer, and everything is much faster. Overall the final user experience it's much better. With this product, companies can save money, time, and have better results, thanks to better software solutions.
- Simply develop fast and deliver apps so you benefit with extreme short time to market.
- Maintainablility is even better compared to traditional development tools.
- Work on the same module simultaneously without losing code by useful compare and merge options.
- Well working staging / development tooling available in the form of Lifetime.
- Fast learning curve, especially for experienced developers bu also for complete newbies.
- Come up with a license model for SME. Now only medium and large companies are in focus. The basic license is just too expensive.
- Introduce reporting tooling.
- They allow their customers to share information about issues and fixes to reduce downtime and obtain a wider view of the capabilities of the products through a customer posting section on the OutSystems website.
- OutSystems also holds conferences during the year at different locations making it easier for customers to interact and openly discuss what they have learned and how they have used the product.
- OutSystems also has resources that can be contracted to help a company get started using their products very quickly.
- Because OutSystems is growing so quickly it can be hard to get business questions, (contract issues, availability date), answered quickly.
- It is sometimes difficult to find employees with OutSystems product experience.
OutSystems Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is OutSystems?
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
OutSystems Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
OutSystems Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac, Web-based, Android, iPhone-iPad, Windows Phone, Mobile Web App|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Asia, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, Germany, India, Japan, Latin America, Mexico, Middle-East and Africa, United Kingdom, United States|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Taiwanese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian|