Patriot Software headquartered in Canton, Ohio offers Patriot PAY, their benefits administration and payroll software.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/5h/Ps/QCQF6WNDCEML.pngPatriot Pay gets two thumbs upIn addition to pastoring a small church, I operate a business providing accounting, administrative and other services to churches and ministries nationwide. Among our offerings is payroll prep. Over the years I've used several professional payroll prep packages. About 2 1/2 years ago I switched all my clients to Patriot. It has proven to be one of the better decisions I've made in my 29 years in business. Patriot's customer service is outstanding and their product is top notch. Sure, it lacks a few of the exotic bells and whistles that a very few others have but their fees are as much as ten times higher. Speaking of fees, I'm not aware of anything out there that comes even close; most other options start at least 50% higher. I also appreciate the fact that the folks at Patriot are continually improving their product--making a good thing even better. The only grump I had was with the third-party outfit they used to process direct deposit. To my absolute delight, they have just brought all direct deposit processing in-house. For handling basic payroll services at an exceptionally attractive price point, Patriot can't be beat.,Basic payroll--as good as anything else out there. Tremendous value--not only is it a capable package but it's the cheapest I know of. Customer service is exceptional.,The third party direct deposit processor Patriot previously used was not particularly easy to work with...but Patriot just brought all direct deposit processing in house. Clergy housing allowance has to be manually entered each payday. They tell me they're close to adding the capability of making it (and other similar pay types) as a recurring item. The setup process is geared toward novice users who need to be hand-held through the process. That's great for those who need it but a more streamlined, no-frills process payroll pros would be welcome.,10,My market niche is small religious non-profits--a group not known for being well funded. That means I have to operate on a slim margin. Prior to switching to Patriot I was on the verge of being squeezed out of the payroll prep business. My then-current provider was about to raise their fees....again. I had been with them for about three years during which time their wholesale fee had already almost doubled and another huge bump was going to mean I would be paying almost 150% more than when I began with them. The quality of Patriot's service coupled with their affordable fee structure made it possible for me to stay in the game.,Gusto,QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks PremierPatriot PAY: easy and affordableAcross the whole "organization." I am a 1 man show. My only employee is me so I wanted to payroll myself to help me deal with taxes, etc., and end up with no surprises at the end of the year.,It is reliable and easy to use and learn for a small business Whenever there are problems, customer service is responsive and communicates well.,I wish it was slightly less expensive for me because I only use it to pay myself about once per month.,8,Excellent way for me to be able to focus on my cases instead of paperwork and taxes,Adobe Acrobat DC and Excel4appsAbsolute Life-Saver for Small BusinessesI used Patriot to manage my small payroll and make monthly payments to employees.,Simple to run payroll Excellent customer service Easy access for employees Automated tax forms,Could make it a bit easier to select different hourly rate options for the same employee,10,Patriot saved me a huge headache in managing payroll and making tax payments! They allowed my employee to access all of her forms and tax information through her own dashboard.,Patriot PAY is a GemI have used Patriot Payroll for a handful of clients who needed an affordable, efficient payroll service. I have assisted in setup/implementation and payroll processing.,Patriot pay offers smooth easy setup. Patriot PAY is affordable, especially compared to other companies. Patriot PAY provides a ton of helpful information that is accessible at your finger tips so you don't always have to call into customer service with questions. Patriot PAY has helpful customer service and they are friendly.,Apart from pre-funded, the four-day timeline for direct deposit has been the toughest part for me when small businesses want to pay their employees faster (quick turn-around times). No other complaints from me. I am really impressed with Patriot PAY.,9,Patriot PAY has increased my bottom line and helped organize payroll, especially for those small businesses that only have a couple employees. I have also been able to offer clients an affordable, user-friendly option to process their own payroll if they prefer not to outsource. Their full-service payroll option is an easy recommendation. The cost difference between Patriot PAY and what I would pay for another service is almost 50%. That's more money that is able to stay in my business.,Intuit Payroll and ADP Streamline Payroll,Intuit Payroll, ADP Streamline PayrollPatriot Software: Quick, user-friendly software to free up time for billable hoursPatriot Payroll was used at my previous solo-attorney law firm for payroll, tax filing and tax deposits for employer taxes. I was the office manager before we merged with a larger firm. The office consisted of myself, the owner/attorney and a part-time law clerk. Patriot Payroll allowed me to easily process payroll for 2 employees and record tax filing and payments for end of year tax preparation and bookkeeping tasks. As I was also doing casework and other administrative tasks, it was helpful to have intuitive and comprehensive software to handle the payroll tasks.,It is simple, intuitive and straightforward in its design. Someone with little experience with roles in human resources roles, bookkeeping or payroll can quickly learn how to set-up the software and run payroll regularly by reading through the support portion of the site, or by contacting the helpful staff at Patriot. Patriot staff have walked me through issues or guided me on the phone as I learned how to use a function of the software. Patriot provides comprehensive quarterly tax filing records, including 941s, state unemployment compensation tax payments, state employer's tax and local employer's tax filings. You can also generate payroll or tax deposit reports over a specific time period or per employee. The support and FAQ pages available on Patriot are very practical and written in an easy to understand manner. Using the information provided there, I was able to properly set up new employees according to local and state filing requirements.,I wanted to download all of the individual tax deposit reports in .pdf form at the end of the year. I had to download them one by one, which was very time consuming. I has hoped there was a way to perform a batch download of these reports. Patriot can export spreadsheet in .csv format, but the layout of the .pdf reports is much more user friendly for record keeping.,9,Using Patriot streamlined and simplified payroll and tax filing for our small office. This freed up my time to manage other administrative tasks and to complete more casework. The time I had to perform additional casework more than paid for the modest monthly charge for the service. End of the year taxes were simplified, as Patriot took care of quarterly employer tax payments and filings and also generated quarterly reports.,Paychex Flex,Rocket Matter, Dropbox Business, Google Drive, QuickBooks Pro, TogglPatriot PAY is a Great, Inexpensive, Full-Service Payroll Option for My Small Acupuncture PracticeI have a small acupuncture practice consisting of myself (the acupuncturist) and an office manager. I use Patriot PAY as my full service payroll provider. I especially love that Patriot collects all of my needed payroll taxes and turns in everything, including completed 941 forms. This saves me a lot of time and it is very easy to use.,Patriot's software is very easy to use for running payroll. It takes about 30 seconds to do. The payroll reports are abundant, easy to find and print, and make my accounting very easy. Having a full service payroll provider as easy to use as Patriot leaves me with more availability to focus on treating patients and running other aspects of my business.,Honestly, I am very happy with Patriot. They recently raised their price but it is still a good value and I am very happy with their service.,10,Using Patriot Pay has given me much more free time to run other aspects of my business. The ease of running reports is very useful at the end of the year so that my accountant can easily look at my payroll costs, including taxes paid.,ADP Streamline Payroll,Microsoft Office 2016, AcuBase Pro, GenbookPatriot PAY! Simple yet PowerfulWe use Patriot PAY as our Primary payroll software, and it works great for everything that we need.,It makes calculating people's time and hours very easy. It makes printing checks very easy. It makes tax collection and other government requirements effortless.,Some of the features can be a little difficult to use until you get used to them Changes occur with no or little warning.,9,Positive ROI, it is much cheaper than a Payroll company,QuickBooks Online,Toast
Patriot PAY

Patriot PAY Reviews

Patriot PAY

Showing 7 of 10 Patriot PAY ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Matthew Poirier profile photo
December 05, 2018

Patriot PAY: easy and affordable

Likelihood to Recommend

I think it would be awesome for multiple employees but it still suits me. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to taxes and government entities nor do I want to learn about it. It allows me to be a lawyer and focus on my cases. I will continue using it indefinitely but I wish it was like $20/month.
Read Matthew Poirier's full review
Jake Douglas profile photo
August 09, 2018

Patriot PAY is a Gem

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot PAY is well-suited to a company that has a 10-day window between the end of the pay period and the payday. The company size makes very little difference and it is easy to use for any company. It is also very progressive in development and improvement. If a company has a small window for turn-around, but fairly consistent payroll amounts (such as a lot of salary workers), Patriot PAY might also be a good fit for them.

Companies with tight turn-around times or payrolls that vary significantly in direct deposit amounts might have difficulty using Patriot PAY.
Read Jake Douglas's full review
Shannon Bronico profile photo
August 09, 2018

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot is well suited for an office with a small staff without complicated tax issues to manage. My office had 2 employees: one full-time and one part-time. There were no 1099's issued, and no special tax exemptions or other special tax situations for employees. The owner was a sole proprietor, so she was not paid as an employee through Patriot. It was easy to quickly run simple payroll tasks on a bi-weekly basis in my situation.

However, I believe a more complex situation with more employees would still be suitable for this software if there was an employee dedicated to performing payroll and human resources tasks. Information must be manually entered each payroll period and submitted before 8pm to process at the scheduled pay date, so if there was not a dedicated employee for the task, it would be easy to end up paying employees a business-day late.

I know that Patriot offers add-on services for human resource tasks, such as time sheets and tools to manage sick days, benefits, and record employee attendance. I did not require these extra services, but I like that Patriot offers services a la carte so that there is no need to pay for tools you do not need.
Read Shannon Bronico's full review
Jason Moore, L.Ac. profile photo
August 16, 2018

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot PAY is well suited for any business that has payroll needs. As I run a small business (1 employee), I know that it is very well suited for me and my needs. I do not know how it may be suited for a larger business with many employees (their new price structure includes a per employee per month fee in addition to the monthly cost) but for a small business such as mine it is very economical and a great software. I am very happy with their service.
Read Jason Moore, L.Ac.'s full review
Nathan Kung profile photo
August 10, 2018

Patriot PAY! Simple yet Powerful

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot PAY is perfect for the small business that does not want to hire or pay for expensive payroll services. This is exactly why we use the software and it works very well for all of our payroll needs.
Read Nathan Kung's full review

Patriot PAY Scorecard Summary

Pay calculation (3)
10.0
Support for external payroll vendors (1)
Benefit plan administration (1)
Direct deposit files (1)
Salary revision and increment management (2)
10.0