Return to navigation
Patriot Software headquartered in Canton, Ohio offers Patriot PAY, their benefits administration and payroll software.Read more
Read all reviews
We have been using Patriot since 2017 and truly love how the platform has evolved over the years. First and foremost, customer service has …
Patriot Software takes care of all my tax filings without me having to fill out any forms. Everything is done online so I can be on the …
Patriot Software is an easy to use payroll software. Instructions are provided on how to set up payroll for your state, but some room is …
Full Payroll for employees and 1099 contractors.
The whole team uses Patriot. The team mostly uses Patriot to track pledges and donations. We also use it to keep up to date records of …
Patriot payroll is being used the provide payroll services to our clients. It really is great as a one stop shop for payroll needs and is …
We use Patriot Software for our payroll. Before Patriot, I processed payroll myself.
Being a small engineering company, we did not need a full time financial officer to handle those types of matters. I initially used a …
Patriot Software handles our payroll and payroll taxes. It replaced our former payroll company. We have found it more simple to use, and …
Patriot Software is a great balance between a simple do-it-yourself payroll solution and a full service provider. At the maximum I had 5 …
We use Patriot Software across our whole organization. Patriot handles all of our payroll processing and tax filings.
I use Patriot Software to process the payrolls and associated taxes of several of my clients. It offers payroll for multiple clients at a …
I use Patriot for my owner salary payroll. I love that it is very flexible to adjust my salary as I need to and that it does all of the …
In addition to pastoring a small church, I operate a business providing accounting, administrative and other services to churches and …
Across the whole "organization." I am a 1 man show. My only employee is me so I wanted to payroll myself to help me deal with taxes, etc., …
- Pay calculation (15)9.595%
- Direct deposit files (11)9.090%
- Salary revision and increment management (13)8.484%
- Reimbursement management (6)6.969%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Patriot Software, and make your voice heard!
Return to navigation
$15/mo (unlimited use)
$17/mo + $4 per employee/contractor
$25/mo (unlimited use)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.patriotsoftware.com/payroll
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $17 per month
Return to navigation
Return to navigation
- Tech Details
Patriot Software offers online payroll, made for USA small business owners with 1-100 employees and their accoutants. Payroll options include: Basic Payroll - base price $10/mo. + $4 per employee/contractor. Full Service Payroll - Base price $30/mo + $4 per employee/contractor. Users run payroll, Patriot handles the payroll tax filings. They further offer free direct deposit, or print paychecks. They describe further advantages as:
- Free employee portal
- Simple 3-step payroll process.
- Guaranteed accurate calculations
- Guaranteed accurate payroll tax filings with full service payroll
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Statutory form management
- Supported: Free Pay-as-You-Go workers compensation integration
- Supported: Free Quickbooks Time Integration
- Supported: Free accounting integration (Patriot Accounting, Quickbooks online, Quickbooks desktop)
- Supported: Customizable hours, money, deductions
- Supported: Multiple payrates
- Supported: Departments
- Supported: Multiple work locations
- Supported: Multiple pay frequencies
- Supported: Electronic or printable W2s
- Supported: Free direct deposit
- Supported: Time off-accruals
- Supported: Pay 1099 contractors in payroll
- Supported: Free employee portal
- Supported: Repeating money types
- Supported: Deductions & Contributions
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||United States|
Patriot Software headquartered in Canton, Ohio offers Patriot PAY, their benefits administration and payroll software.
Patriot Software starts at $17.
Reviewers rate Pay calculation highest, with a score of 9.5.
The most common users of Patriot Software are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).
Return to navigation
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Patriot has been an amazing investment—it gives us peace of mind that all calculations are done correctly, and we can always pull up the numbers come tax season.
- Less than traditional accountant
- We've been able to pay employees affordably
- It was a hassle to get the required documentation to pay employees
- Patriot is cost effective at the full payroll and partial payroll levels. I have used both
- Patriot allows the entire team to be on the same page when it comes to a campaign or donor. All of the information is in one place to see how much a donor gave or communication with that donor by a specific team member.
- It provides comparative historic data and donor analysis. The organization of donations by appeal allows teams to know which campaigns were successful in previous years.
- Automated Payroll
- Additional Opportunities to Serve Clients
- I have saved thousands of dollars by having my payroll done by Patriot
- See initial review about a computer hack that Patriot was instrumental in rectifying
- Less expensive than our previous service
- Saved me some penalties because taxes are always filed and paid on time
- It saves me time; I run two payrolls a month and it takes me about 10 minutes a month total
- I get peace of mind: their full service payroll takes care of all the tax paperwork so I don't do it wrong and incur costly penalties
- It boosts my time available for client-facing activities by not having to spend as much time processing payroll.
- It helps me deliver accurate reports to my CPA at tax time regarding employee wages and employer taxes.
- Through the online portal, I can easily track year-to-date taxes my company has paid.
- Provides added service to offer to clients.
- Added revenue stream.
- I am better able to help S corp owners with their whole picture, calculating reasonable compensation and then helping them to run it through payroll properly.
- It is so affordable that it is easy to use to get people compliant when necessary.
- It has taught me a lot about how the payroll process works so I can better talk to the extent to which it is a pain.
- My market niche is small religious non-profits--a group not known for being well funded. That means I have to operate on a slim margin. Prior to switching to Patriot I was on the verge of being squeezed out of the payroll prep business. My then-current provider was about to raise their fees....again. I had been with them for about three years during which time their wholesale fee had already almost doubled and another huge bump was going to mean I would be paying almost 150% more than when I began with them. The quality of Patriot's service coupled with their affordable fee structure made it possible for me to stay in the game.
- Excellent way for me to be able to focus on my cases instead of paperwork and taxes
- Patriot saved me a huge headache in managing payroll and making tax payments!
- They allowed my employee to access all of her forms and tax information through her own dashboard.
- Using Patriot Pay has given me much more free time to run other aspects of my business.
- The ease of running reports is very useful at the end of the year so that my accountant can easily look at my payroll costs, including taxes paid.
- Positive ROI, it is much cheaper than a Payroll company
- Patriot PAY has increased my bottom line and helped organize payroll, especially for those small businesses that only have a couple employees.
- I have also been able to offer clients an affordable, user-friendly option to process their own payroll if they prefer not to outsource. Their full-service payroll option is an easy recommendation.
- The cost difference between Patriot PAY and what I would pay for another service is almost 50%. That's more money that is able to stay in my business.
- Using Patriot streamlined and simplified payroll and tax filing for our small office. This freed up my time to manage other administrative tasks and to complete more casework. The time I had to perform additional casework more than paid for the modest monthly charge for the service.
- End of the year taxes were simplified, as Patriot took care of quarterly employer tax payments and filings and also generated quarterly reports.