Score 8.8 out of 10
Patriot Software

What is Patriot Software?

Patriot Software headquartered in Canton, Ohio offers Patriot PAY, their benefits administration and payroll software.

• Pay calculation (15)
    9.5
  • Direct deposit files (11)
  • Salary revision and increment management (13)
  • Reimbursement management (6)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Patriot Software, and make your voice heard!

Accounting Basic

$15/mo (unlimited use)

Basic Payroll

$17/mo + $4 per employee/contractor

Accounting Premium

$25/mo (unlimited use)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.patriotsoftware.com/payroll

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $17 per month

Features

Payroll Management

Provides for pay calculation and benefit plan administration, in addition to managing direct deposit, salary revisions and payroll tracking.

8.3Avg 8.2

What is Patriot Software?

Patriot Software offers online payroll, made for USA small business owners with 1-100 employees and their accoutants. Payroll options include: Basic Payroll - base price $10/mo. + $4 per employee/contractor. Full Service Payroll - Base price $30/mo + $4 per employee/contractor. Users run payroll, Patriot handles the payroll tax filings. They further offer free direct deposit, or print paychecks. They describe further advantages as:
  • Free employee portal
  • Simple 3-step payroll process.
  • Guaranteed accurate calculations
  • Guaranteed accurate payroll tax filings with full service payroll

Patriot Software Features

• Supported: Reimbursement management
  • Supported: Statutory form management

• Supported: Free Pay-as-You-Go workers compensation integration
  • Supported: Free Quickbooks Time Integration
  • Supported: Free accounting integration (Patriot Accounting, Quickbooks online, Quickbooks desktop)
  • Supported: Customizable hours, money, deductions
  • Supported: Free employee portal
  • Supported: Repeating money types
  • Supported: Deductions & Contributions

Patriot Software Screenshots

Screenshot of Payroll is carried out with a simple 3-step processScreenshot of Patriot Software is responsive, so there is no need to download and maintain a separate payroll app. Run payroll on any device with internet or data connection.Screenshot of Patriot offers comprehensive payroll reports to sort by work location, employee, and date range.

Patriot Software Video

Patriot Software Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesUnited States
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Patriot Software starts at $17.

Paychex Flex, Gusto, and SurePayroll are common alternatives for Patriot Software.

Reviewers rate Pay calculation highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of Patriot Software are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Francesca Douglass-Franco | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Patriot since 2017 and truly love how the platform has evolved over the years. First and foremost, customer service has been consistently amazing; there is always someone kind and patient to answer questions or to help correct any issues that may arise.
The interface is extremely user friendly and self explanatory, and extra kudos for including 1099s in the same payroll (this was not the case before).
I used Run by ADP before for another company, but ultimately chose Patriot because of their competitive pricing. Looking back, I am so glad we went with them, as their product is exactly what our grassroots organization needs.
Patriot Software takes care of all my tax filings without me having to fill out any forms. Everything is done online so I can be on the road and still complete my payroll on time. The addition of direct deposit to my employees has been a big plus. The reporting options are nice. I can print out reports and give them to my accountant when he needs information about my payroll for my tax return.
Michael Krieger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Patriot Software is an easy to use payroll software. Instructions are provided on how to set up payroll for your state, but some room is there for interpretation such that you need to call your state for clarification to get specific documentation. I am otherwise able to put in my payroll in a weekly basis and it calculates the payroll on its own.
October 14, 2021

Simple Strategic Storage

The whole team uses Patriot. The team mostly uses Patriot to track pledges and donations. We also use it to keep up to date records of contact information to pull mailing lists, send thank you and tax letters, and contact prospective donors.
Patriot payroll is being used the provide payroll services to our clients. It really is great as a one stop shop for payroll needs and is almost like another member of the team with everything that we are able to accomplish through their handling of payroll. It also allows us as the accounting firm to be customize our level of involvement with the client. Whether that just be initial setup or complete takeover.
October 12, 2021

Perfect for our needs

Rick Nichols | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being a small engineering company, we did not need a full time financial officer to handle those types of matters. I initially used a different service to handle my payroll and tax issues, but switched to Patriot mainly because it was less expensive. They have been terrific, taking care of the things I am not very good at. Patriot was especially outstanding when a cyber criminal hacked into our business; they were able to identify and fix the problems before any real harm was done. I have told many people about Patriot Software and will continue to; if anyone has any questions about the software, you can contact me through LinkedIn.
October 12, 2021

Great Payroll Service!

David Wiener | TrustRadius Reviewer
Patriot Software handles our payroll and payroll taxes. It replaced our former payroll company. We have found it more simple to use, and was very easy to set up. Patriot walked me through the transition to make sure all of our information for taxes was current and accurate. Everything I have learned about Patriot Software payroll was great!
Patriot Software is a great balance between a simple do-it-yourself payroll solution and a full service provider. At the maximum I had 5 employees on payroll, and at the minimum it was just me. I was previously paying a payroll provider a few hundred dollars a month to take care of this for me, and they screwed up so many times - missed pay date, depositing to incorrect accounts, overpaying, underpaying, not filing taxes correctly... it was a huge headache. Patriot's interface is very simple to use, and when I need more advanced help or technical/tax questions, their support team is lovely over either email or phone. They are fast, professional, and always strive to completely satisfy my issue. I've had a few hiccups with unemployment tax reporting and rates, and they've helped me right through that.
I use Patriot for my owner salary payroll. I love that it is very flexible to adjust my salary as I need to and that it does all of the tax filings and payments for me!
Jerry Stephens | TrustRadius Reviewer
In addition to pastoring a small church, I operate a business providing accounting, administrative and other services to churches and ministries nationwide. Among our offerings is payroll prep.

Over the years I've used several professional payroll prep packages. About 2 1/2 years ago I switched all my clients to Patriot. It has proven to be one of the better decisions I've made in my 29 years in business.

Patriot's customer service is outstanding and their product is top notch. Sure, it lacks a few of the exotic bells and whistles that a very few others have but their fees are as much as ten times higher. Speaking of fees, I'm not aware of anything out there that comes even close; most other options start at least 50% higher. I also appreciate the fact that the folks at Patriot are continually improving their product--making a good thing even better. The only grump I had was with the third-party outfit they used to process direct deposit. To my absolute delight, they have just brought all direct deposit processing in-house.

For handling basic payroll services at an exceptionally attractive price point, Patriot can't be beat.
Jason Moore, L.Ac. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have a small acupuncture practice consisting of myself (the acupuncturist) and an office manager. I use Patriot PAY as my full service payroll provider. I especially love that Patriot collects all of my needed payroll taxes and turns in everything, including completed 941 forms. This saves me a lot of time and it is very easy to use.
Shannon Bronico | TrustRadius Reviewer
Patriot Payroll was used at my previous solo-attorney law firm for payroll, tax filing and tax deposits for employer taxes. I was the office manager before we merged with a larger firm. The office consisted of myself, the owner/attorney and a part-time law clerk. Patriot Payroll allowed me to easily process payroll for 2 employees and record tax filing and payments for end of year tax preparation and bookkeeping tasks. As I was also doing casework and other administrative tasks, it was helpful to have intuitive and comprehensive software to handle the payroll tasks.