Prezi Reviews

Anna Haug | TrustRadius Reviewer
Just our department. We are in customer experience and have used it to visually demonstrate a Journey Map of our customers. It provides depth so you can visually see the big picture and details all at the same time. I have used it for presentations and for documentation and exploration.
  • Zoom interface and depth. The ability to go from a big picture to a detail
  • Collaboration between presentations
  • Videos inside of the presentation
  • The training prezi was great! It had you walk through doing a prezi and using the features, this is how I trained individuals.
  • Find your secret sauce for trainig
  • Good templates
  • Consider Walkme as a training tool? For in the moment usage.
  • It is often just too much for some people.... Know the audience. Some people are just not ready for it and don't do it right.
I personally have taught professors and students at a college level how to use it and when it is appropriate. I have run multiple workshops on this topic.
I think the number one thing is to know the audience. When I worked at a university they were much more open and would not get hung up on the tool I used, if anything they were impressed. Now I work in the insurance industry and WOW are they old school. I would attempt to use a Prezi and they just got too distracted that they couldn't focus on my content. And I pride myself in not doing too much of a drastic zoom and not to jump too much but even just a little zoom or jump was difficult. I have used Prezi for documentation such as an organizational chart so that you can go up and down quickly. I think if Prezi bumped up their strength in building an interactive process it would open a market. Don't be so linear. Instead, provide the opportunity to click around and discover the presentation. Such as a map of a university, then they click on icons and it brings them zooming in and out. I think the point and click would be amazing.
Read Anna Haug's full review
Thompson Vou | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used it to present the implementation of a new project to my project team and department heads. The business problem being addressed is communication of information to internal customers.
  • Open canvas - this is a strength because you aren't restricted to slides. Scales well.
  • Zooming - you can zoom in on images to reveal more details. Or zoom out to reveal an overview. It makes presentations follow a better logical flow of thought.
  • Easy to edit: you can easily manipulate information and objects by clicking and dragging.
  • Auto sizing of images - it would be easier if Prezi could auto re-size images that are too large instead of being forced to edit them in Photoshop or Paint.
  • Deleting frames - now when deleting frames, everything inside the frame gets deleted. It was not like this in the past. If we want to re-frame something, it's difficult to do since everything inside the frame is tied to the frame.
  • Fonts - we're restricted to prezi fonts. It'd be nice to be able to use generally accepted HTML/CSS fonts as well.
It's well suited for general presentations where not much text is needed. It's not appropriate for situations where internet access is slow or unavailable.
Read Thompson Vou's full review
Tommy West | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Prezi for both training and staff meetings. As a presentation tool Prezi is a shift from traditional PowerPoint presentations. It has more interesting animation and seems to catch and keep interest more than other platforms. Prezi allows a presenter the ability to highlight or focus on particular key points.
  • Keeps the audience engaged
  • Allows embedded video
  • Provides an interesting take on presentations with a dynamic aspect
  • It is a bit difficult to learn to navigate
  • The "slides" do not have a lot of initiative functionality
  • The path editor can be a little cumbersome
Prezi is perfect for meetings of all sorts. I use it for monthly staff meetings to guide employees toward the agency goals. The format is perfect for a meeting that flows from the current situation through to the stakeholder's end vision. Prezi is also really nice for training presentations. Incorporated pictures and videos, combined with the Prezi format, makes for a dynamic presentation.
Read Tommy West's full review
Eric Batson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Prezi was used by some instructors at our college. I also recommended it as an option for my students to use as they gave presentations. I used it to present at conferences. It was a more dynamic way of presenting content (versus PowerPoint) and helped to keep the audiences engaged.
  • Prezi can provides a literal "big picture" view of the presentation content. This helps the audience understand what the presentation is ultimately all about.
  • Prezi is anything but bland. It animates the content and makes it feel like you are "in" the material.
  • Prezi presentations can incorporate video, images, text and more. There are many options to present content to an audience.
  • Audience members may desire a more standard slideshow that PowerPoint can provide. Prezi might not be the answer here.
  • The animation from content to content may make audience members uncomfortable, especially if the presenter moves the presentation along too quickly.
  • There is a little learning curve when it comes to adding content as you create a Prezi presentation, but this is fairly easily overcome.
I think Prezi is best used where the audience appreciates creativity and dynamic presentations. Not all audiences desire this. When I worked with Federal employees, I never felt that this was the proper platform to present information. It is also best for "bite size" information sharing. Large quantities of information are not appropriate for a Prezi presentation.
Read Eric Batson's full review
We use it to show presentations to potential advertisers on our website. It is an easy solution for collaborating on a single presentation. Also, it is very visually appealing. All of the templates and themes are kept modern to the current designs we see from great companies. This sets us apart from the typical sales pitch.
  • Ease of use
  • Attractive
  • Collaboration
  • Compatibility with certain systems (ex. DoD network)
It is well suited for presentations that have a solid internet connection. Unfortunately many dealerships and businesses are still in the Stone Age in terms of technology, which does not always work for Prezi. In those cases PowerPoint might win. But any other case I prefer Prezi over any presentation platform.

Course authoring (11)
Course catalog or library (10)
Player/Portal (13)
Learning content (12)
Mobile friendly (16)
Progress tracking & certifications (4)
Assignments (3)
9.2
Compliance management (4)
Learning administration (7)
Learning reporting & analytics (6)
Social learning (10)

About Prezi

Prezi’s advantage over static slides is that its interactive, zoomable canvas shows the relationship between the big picture and the fine details. The vendor’s value proposition is that this puts ideas in context, and makes them more likely to resonate, motivate, and be remembered.

Prezi Features