December 11, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Read Jake Tolbert's full review
Pros and Cons
- QlikView has a simple, relational data model that's REALLY fast. Filtering and changing data is dead simple results are almost immediately available.
- The free version of Qlikview is almost completely featured, so you roll a pro-level product out to an entire department for really cheap.
- QlikView is really flexible--if you can imagine it, you can build it.
- Because it's such a clean slate, QlikView requires some UI design. You've got to think about how you want to display not only the data itself, but the filters and controls users need to explore the data.
- It can also be a pretty confusing to your users: if they filter in one place, they often forget that they've done so and don't understand why they're not seeing all their data elsewhere.
- The free version of Qlikview doesn't push data updates, so if users forget to refresh their data manually, they can be working from an old copy of the data. Paid versions solve this problem.