Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Standard reports (22)10.0100%
- Bank reconciliation (24)7.373%
- Accounts payable (24)6.969%
- Accounts receivable (23)6.969%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- Time management
- Tax return cost savings
- Detailed reporting
- Overall great software to use in any industry
- I've lost thousands of dollars due to Quickbooks for Mac not working properly
- Terrible PRoduct
- Insanely bad customer support
- It has been well worth the investment.
- Using an older MacBook Pro, I'm grateful it continues to work with an older OS.
- It is a huge timer saver over manual bookkeeping.
- It increases the ROI
- We can keep track of our loss
- We can keep track of our sales and progress
- It has allowed me to do a god job of keeping track of our income and expenses the way it should be done. That has great value in my book.
- The reports give excellent insight into the numbers of the company which allow us to take a deep dive into where we are and where we want to go (forecasting).
- For the money spent this has saved us approximately 40% from what we were paying an outsourced CPA firm.
- Everything is now at my fingertips and I can quickly drill down on questions about expenses and income.
- The ROI was good for when we were a smaller company because it is a lot cheaper than other more sophisticated programs.
- The negative impact is that it caused a lot of extra manual entering and data entry that too often resulted in mistakes.
- QB helps us manage over 1000 client accounts effectively.
- ROI has improved, we know which clients are "slow pay" or "no pay".
- The ability to have recurring charges run automatically helps keep cashflow on target.
- I waste an incredible amount of time every upgrade restarting and catching any errors.
- I hear my accountant asking why things are like this in the Mac version? They are not, apparently, like this on PC.
- This is supposed to be a program for novice bookkeepers/owners or accountants. It continues to do the job only 6% of the time, year after year.
- I pay for Quickbooks monthly, both for payroll and the online version. Though the amount of $ is a commitment, it undoubtedly saves me money on a weekly basis - specifically in automating payroll calculations and tax payments, but also for reconciling. I only visit my accountant 2-4 times a year to make sure I'm not messing things up myself - Quickbooks does most of the work.
- I have saved significant amounts of time for me and my clients by allowing for payments to be made directly through my invoices through ACH. It saves $ from credit card fees as well as the time and cost for postage and trips to the bank.
- Recurring invoices makes it easy to set up invoices or bills one time and automate thereon. Also, it keeps me from missing payments!
- Positive: great bang for your buck. It may seem pricey at first but keeping the accounting in office and managing it there takes the middleman out of the picture and expedites things, removing many errors that arise with too many people in the way.
- Positive: it's super easy to learn and navigate, doesn't require a lot of extra training time. Plus there are lots of resources available with tutorials and help info.
- Negative: there are some issues with individual time sheet records that have required more time backtracking to fix than we expected. It may be a user error so employees maybe just need a quick tutorial lesson before implementing company-wide.
- It has streamlined and vastly improved our tax filing.
- Made our data management and order filing a more efficient process.
- Allowed us to better understand monetary flow and use within our organization.
- I have been using QB for so long that it is for me a quick and easy process and I don't think twice about hoping in and out many times a day
- With the ability to sync with financial institutions and credit card providers the automation reduces my workload SIGNIFICANTLY
- Good accounting for us, which is important.
- It's free so the only investment is a subscription to QuickBooks Online, which is a fine investment for us. We love it.
- We don't maintain actual records on this, but it has certainly made things much more efficient.
- Tracking Income
- Tracking Expenses
- Tracking Assets and liabilities
- Having familiarity with the product and Mac OS has provided me access to clients who use the Mac version.
- Increase productivity
- Better reporting
- Easy implementation in the day-to-day operations
- It is to early for me to evaluate this. It will probably come down to how much time does QR save me vs. what the yearly cost + yearly credit card fees amount to.
- User friendly UI to enter invoices
- Simplistic procedures
- Save money by using the online payroll
- High implementation cost for small business, but expect to see good return by saving time.
- Has increased reporting and communication between employees and external accountant.
- I had to pay for the Pro version simply to access recurring invoices which was unfortunate.
- More organized at tax time
- Professionally create invoices
- Ability to have book keeper access the files
- QBooks has allowed us to increase our productivity time because of the simplicity of entries
- Ease of pulling various reports needed for review for both my company as well as my accountant