RapidMiner Studio Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

David Baltar Boilève profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use RapidMiner to create ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes to load our BI datamarts with data from operational databases. We've created complex load processes, and we prepare that data to be fed, and later on, create Business Intelligence dashboards. We also use RapidMiner to perform some data mining with different techniques such as text processing, image processing, and algorithm data analysis (clustering, neuralnet, correlation, etc...)
Read David Baltar Boilève's full review
Mohd Zakree Ahmad Nazri profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use RapidMiner as the central data science platform to teach data analytics and machine learning. We are using RapidMiner for real-world analyses. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, only my department is using RapidMiner for teaching while others are using R, SPSS or WEKA for educating data mining. Our business is in education, and therefore, our primary concern is finding the most effective way of learning analytics – both data handling and algorithms.
Read Mohd Zakree Ahmad Nazri's full review
Sheetal Sahu profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Aptus Data Labs is based out of Bangalore, India. We are a Big Data and Advanced Analytics company, providing consulting and project delivery services & solutions, catering to enterprises of all sizes, across different industries such as Healthcare, Retail & Consumer Industries, BFSI, Manufacturing & Supply Chain.

Since we are into advanced analytics, most of our solutions are delivered using RapidMiner. As a result of which, most of the employees in the organization use RapidMiner. We have dedicated developers for building extensions for RapidMiner as well. Some of the business problems built using RapidMiner are:

1. Fraud analysis for Banking and Financial industries
  2. Claim and travel analytics for a manufacturing firm
  3. Text mining and text analytics for a pharmaceutical firm and many other organizations
  4. Optimization for e-commerce and manufacturing firm
  5. Supply chain management for manufacturing
  6. Supply chain planning and scheduling for oil and gas companies
Read Sheetal Sahu's full review
Mauricio Quiroga-Pascal Ortega profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

DisperSurance is the radical disruptive substitute for
insurance. We don’t sell insurance, we sell “risk coverage”. We have been using
RapidMiner in traditional insurance company data to:

Identify optimization and automation opportunities
in all the insurance processes. Moreover, we had created special extensions for
the most important processes.

Fraud detection.

Determining the most profitable e-commerce
strategies for selling policies.

We have been able to design new Risk Coverage products that
are as low as 70% cheaper than traditional insurance.

Read Mauricio Quiroga-Pascal Ortega's full review
Cyril Joudieh profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use RapidMiner it to process data from our clients mainly Telecom and Banking and I also use a version of RapidMiner purchased by our business partner at their site for their clients. I use it in my company and no on else and I advise my clients to purchase RapidMiner. I currently don't have employees that use RapidMiner.
Read Cyril Joudieh's full review
Jose Machicao, MSc profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are only 5 consultants. We are all using RapidMiner Studio in order to model machine learning structures for our clients. The problem we had before, for instance with Python code, is that it was really difficult for our clients to understand what we were doing exactly. Even when it is actually possible to build up visualization capacities in Python and R, RapidMiner gave us the option to do it so fast and accurately. I would love to see updates which can improve the graphical quality and precision, or prevent some graphical mistakes. For instance, it is very difficult to guess how much is too much when we have so many categories to diagram, sometimes saturates the space and reduces the explainability of the graphs. But still, AutoModel, Feature Engineering and the drag and drop method is wonderful to share our thoughts and discoveries about our clients reality and plans.
Read Jose Machicao, MSc's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use RapidMiner to run statistical algorithms on the data and answer questions which are not answered previously. It is currently used only in the business intelligence team in the company. We used RapidMiner Studio to analyze the client churning, client clustering, banker clustering and market basket analysis of the company products.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I currently use RapidMinder to do two things. First, to find patterns in Epilepsy Clinical Data. Second, to teach students machine learning tools.

So, in general, I'd say the business problem is research and education. I used it before to find patterns in protein interaction networks analysis. And I've taught several machine learning workshops using RapidMiner as a tool.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We utilize RapidMiner Studio in our analytics and IT department to assist our sales and marketing teams with predictive analytics using our CRM data. Predicting which opportunities contain properties and scenarios similar to winning opportunities from the past allows our sales teams to effectively focus on the ripe opportunities for wins soon and develop those opportunities which will need more time to mature through the sales process.
Rebecca T Barber, MBA, PHD profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Individual analysts are using it to do analysis and predictive modeling of student-related data. The organization has other tools available, but RapidMiner allows for a nice shallow learning curve. Additionally, RapidMiner is being taught in at least one online program with the intention of spreading it to other institutions and departments.
Read Rebecca T Barber, MBA, PHD's full review
Richard Roiger profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My introduction to RapidMiner Studio began in 2014 when I decided to write a second edition of my data mining textbook. Although I was not familiar with RapidMiner Studio, I knew it to be a popular tool for data mining and analytics. My initial intention was to learn enough about RapidMiner Studio to provide the reader with an example or two of how it can be used. It soon became clear that I would use RapidMiner Studio for the majority of the tutorials and demonstrations in my book.

My textbook “Data Mining A Tutorial-Based Primer 2nd edition” contains 14 chapters two of which are devoted to RapidMiner Studio. Five additional chapters contain one or several data mining tutorials that use RapidMiner Studio 7. Here is a link to preview the text. https://www.crcpress.com/978149876397

Read Richard Roiger's full review
Kamesh Emani profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's used by the information technology department. We have used logistic regression algorithm in our company in order to calculate a health risk factor based on different attributes from health care data. We accessed HL7 Hospital Data in SQL Server Management System and wrote queries to retrieve the required fields. We used a RapidMiner Data Mining Tool to perform predictive analysis on the data. We created a web form using HTML 5, CSS 3, Bootstrap and JavaScript which takes input of factors and predicts the risk factor.

Our business problem is to predict whether a member is having a high chance of coming to the hospital based on different factors like age, sex, zip code, marital status, the number of visits, diagnosis code etc.
Read Kamesh Emani's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RapidMiner has primarily been used in our analytics department for modeling purposes and data mining tasks. Creation of reports and data cleaning can be done through RapidMiner.
August 03, 2016

RapidMiner Studio

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I personally used RapidMiner for one of the courses I had. We used it to gain more insights about the data that we had at hand. It allowed us to do a number of things like text mining, data analysis and machine learning. It did have a lot of machine learning algorithms compared to some other softwares.

Connect to Multiple Data Sources (1)
Extend Existing Data Sources (1)
Automatic Data Format Detection (1)
Visualization (1)
Interactive Data Analysis (1)
Interactive Data Cleaning and Enrichment (1)
Data Transformations (1)
Data Encryption (1)
Built-in Processors (1)
Multiple Model Development Languages and Tools (1)
Automated Machine Learning (1)
Single platform for multiple model development (1)
Self-Service Model Delivery (1)
Flexible Model Publishing Options (1)

About RapidMiner Studio

RapidMiner Studio is a data science and data mining platform from RapidMiner in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

RapidMiner Studio Technical Details