Redwood Business Process Automation - Workload Edition
Redwood Business Process Automation - Workload Edition
We use Redwood to run and monitor our batch processing in SAP as well as some external processes. It's not only helped us automate and …
We used Redwood Business Process Automation in the month-end closing process. It is used in the technical and accounting close process. We …
RunMyJobs is being used across all of IT to provide a centralized point of processing, monitoring, and alerting for our business processes …
Redwood Business Process Automation is the key [tool] almost all the jobs were scheduled through it, its very ease and [time-saving] …
We are using Redwood Business Process Automation across the entire company. It's only being used and administrated from our SAP Basis …
We started down the Redwood RunMyJobs path to solve some fundamental issues including intelligent job scheduling, automated daylight …
We use Redwood to handle all of our batch scheduling need[s] across several environmental landscapes. We are a global company and …
We use RunMyJobs to choreograph multiple back-end applications in order to provide streamlined end-to-end processes running 'round the …
I manage SAP job scheduling for my company. This would include end to end management like scheduling, reporting, and taking care of the …
RMJ is used to schedule jobs on multiple platforms. It is being used by multiple departments. It was chosen as a resolution to multiple …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Redwood Business Process Automation - Workload Edition, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Redwood Business Process Automation is a workload automation and job scheduling solution designed for and delivered via Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). It transforms the digital enterprise with scalability and integration with all technologies in the modern enterprise. Redwood unifies workflows across on-premises, private, hybrid and public cloud environments. It bridges gaps in complex processes that function between mainframe, distributed, virtual and cloud resources. Clients use Redwood to create intelligent process flows that support diverse IT processes for business including managed file transfer, hybrid cloud automation, complex data management, and DevOps. Redwood enables people to focus on innovation instead of daily management of repeated processes.
- Redwood can integrate or orchestrate any software that has a protocol API and CLI.
|Supported Languages||English, Dutch, German, French, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Greek, Estonian, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuania, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese|
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 6.7.
The most common users of Redwood Business Process Automation - Workload Edition are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Oil & Energy industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- It allows us to run tasks in parallel, unlike the standard scheduler in SAP.
- We are able to trigger processes based on external events, like the arrival of a file
- It can let us know when processes have failed so that we don't need to actively monitor the batch cycle.
- It can also notify when a process has been completed successfully...users can be immediately made aware when one of their important tasks has finished.
- You can access the system securely from any device that has a browser, so you don't need to be in the office in order to check things.
- I don't have an answer here. The way it is, the system is easy to use and does exactly what we need.
- standardizes activities
- less dependency on manual intervention
- redeploy employees in more added value activities
- increases quality
- more flexibility on changes
- make design more user friendly
- Upgrades are fast and can be done in a "lights-out" manner
- The ability to organize functions into applications is very helpful
- Events such as a file watcher to kick off a process when a file is detected are done very well
- The documentation is lacking severely, many times even leading to a suggestion of paying for professional services to figure out processes. Also not updating documentation when a new release makes the old documentation obsolete.
- AS400/iSeries has been a constant battle since inception, once an update fixes one thing, another seems to break within the AS400/iSeries space, and sometimes the fixes don't actually fix the issue. Over time now this has gotten much beter.
- Allowing an issue to go back and forth within a ticket countless times (sometimes over 40 responses) without just getting everyone together on a meeting. Update - this has gotten much better with time.
- Communication needs a lot of improvement. I have had to reach out to support just to get release notes when a new release is made available.
- The ability to get accurate counts of historical process runs is limited currently to 35 days and since you are billed for each process run in all environments, not just Production, this limits accountability in historical billing inquiries.
- Less time-consuming.
- Easy alert configuration.
- Holding all system jobs is very quick in case of any activity.
- [Cannot] copy past a job chain.
- Complexity and dependencies, yet simplistic
- High capacity systems
- Visibility into scheduled jobs for job owners
- Intelligent scheduling based on file creation or job completion
- Time adjustments including time zones and daylight saving time
- Migration from legacy solution to Redwood Business Process Automation is manual
- SAP Batch Scheduling - This is THE BEST tool for triggering SAP jobs, bar none.
- User management- Other scheduling tools make it much more difficult to manage user access. Redwood user access management is a breeze and take less than half the time it take in other products.
- Scheduling Flexibility- The ease with which you can make custom time windows with Redwood is one of my favorite pluses. You can build as simple or as complex of a time window as you need to with Redwood.
- Support- The support that you get from Redwood is in my opinion the best in the world. I have dealt with all the big name players in IT and they all pale in comparison to Redwood. You will never feel like you are in it alone with the best support in the world right at your fingertips.
- I get asked what improvements can be made and honestly I think its a perfect tool. It is the best scheduling tool I have used and I have been in the business for 25 years. If there were any improvements to be made, chances are the development team is already working on them before I even knew I wanted it.
- Reporting capabilities.
- Capable of tying in multiple applications into job chains.
- Mature product.
- I can't think of anything.
- Setting up jobs is easy.
- Importing jobs from SAP
- Running OS commands or OS scripts
- Reporting based on different selection criteria
- Job delay and failure notifications
- Tracking job status.
- Reporting on jobs status.
- Alerting of status.
- Support documentation - Some basic information not found and some is outdated.
- Availability of support - Slow to respond.
- Knowledge of initial support. Basic problems have to be forwarded to next level support.