I do not like Sage Business Cloud Accounting. I was assured it would be better than Quickbooks but it is clearly worse. I will be …
Sage Business Cloud Accounting
Sage Business Cloud Accounting (formerly Sage One Accounting)
Used for our day to day accounts or purchase's and sales. management accounts etc
Sage Business Cloud Accounting is currently being used by our accounting department only. It is currently only being used as our general …
I have been using accounting software since 2015 and it was a great transition from our former accounting software and used by the whole …
The whole organization uses it as our only accounting package. We also integrate it with Sage's payroll software, as well as NetCash, a …
As a virtual accounting firm, we use this program as our preferred accounting system. We further recommend this system to our clients, as …
Sage One Accounting is one of a group of products that I've analyzed and implemented for some of my small business clients as appropriate. …
At Debrah Burleigh Accounting, my team is using Sage One in two ways. First some of my customers are using the invoicing aspect of the …
Sage One Accounting is the answer to all our financial/accounting processes. We originally got Sage One to provide professional looking …
I believe this was the best thing I could have done for my business when I starting using Sage One. It has given me access to figures and …
It is currently being used in our business by almost all of the workforce. We promote the product to our clients and provide training on …
At Rein Business Services, we provide full-cycle bookkeeping to an array of customers. Based on our clients needs we recommend accounting …
We use Sage One every day, it is used by a lot of our partners, as well as trainees. Many of our clients who have no or little accounting …
I use it for bookkeeping purposes, and I am the only user in my company. At the end of the year, I make my accountant an administrator and …
We currently use Sage One Accounting to keep track of all bills, expenses and wholesale client invoices. We also use the reporting …
Accounts payable (17)
Bank reconciliation (17)
Accounts receivable (19)
Standard reports (18)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, and make your voice heard!
Sage One Accounting Free
Per User per Month
Sage One Accounting Premium
Per Month [Unlimited Users]
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://na.sageone.com/pricing
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $29 per month
Sage Business Cloud Accounting (formerly Sage One Accounting )is online accounting software made to simplify life for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers by providing the functions needed to take care of daily business to-dos.
Users can create and send professional quotes and invoices, track income and expenses and know where the business' financials stand. Every Sage Business Cloud Accounting subscription includes unlimited access to support as well as automatic backups and product updates.
- Supported: Simple accounting - Online accounting software that makes it easy to understand and eliminates unnecessary steps that slow you down.
- Supported: Easy invoicing - Creating and sending online invoices are about as fast as point, click, done. Choose your invoice template, add your logo, include the details, and hit send. The faster you invoice, the quicker you get paid.
- Supported: Business insights - Over 15 built-in reports and statements to tell you exactly where you stand.
- Supported: Quotes/Estimates - With Sage One, it's super simple to look professional with customizable quotes and estimates that reflect your business' brand.
- Supported: Bank integration - Once you connect your financial accounts with Sage One, importing and categorizing your bank and credit card transactions is automatic.
- Supported: Unlimited support - Phone, email, chat, and online support included.
Intro to Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- Sage Payment Solutions
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||US, Canada, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Africa, South Africa, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Malaysia, Australia|
|Supported Languages||English, French, German, Spanish and more|
Sage Business Cloud Accounting (formerly Sage One Accounting) is online accounting software made to simplify life for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers by providing the functions needed to take care of daily business to-dos. Users can create and send professional quotes and invoices, track income and expenses and know where the business' financials stand. Every Sage Business Cloud Accounting subscription includes unlimited access to support as well as automatic backups and product updates.
Sage Business Cloud Accounting starts at $29.
Reviewers rate Single sign-on capability and Multi-currency support highest, with a score of 9.1.
The most common users of Sage Business Cloud Accounting are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Accounting industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- They take your money well
- They transfer you around to different departments well when you call them
- They make your life difficult well
- The bank transaction reconciliations are terrible if you have to split payments to multiple clients. Often times work will just disappear halfway through the split
- Telephonic user assistance. I have received conflicting info from service reps.
- I prefer the way Quickbooks platform is set up
- Everything is long winded, no fast key options
- Basic options not available, you can not change payment terms for debtors or creditors only option is 30 days and statements do not break it down into pay periods
- editing anything whether reconciled or not is painful
- When data was carried over from Sage 50 accounts it was the basic info, all 490 customers accounts needed individually opening and statement preferences confirming, payment terms agreeing etc etc - no quick way to do all at once
- Some nom codes have changed and some you are no longer able to use in Bank accounts purchases / sales etc. Some no-longer exist. this makes management accounts using the profit and lose data a nightmare
- no favourites options for debtor / creditors lists and reports as there is only 1 option for all
- The new bank rec is highly efficient when hooked up directly to your bank account.
- The bill pay features and the accompanying workflow are particularly easy to use
- Sage also allows a create collaborative workflow while working in either a small or large team.
- Fixed assets needs some serious work. I don't even think the fixed assets module is native to Sage, they're all 3rd party bolt ons
- Reporting could also be improved. We don't currently subscribe to custom reporting which is an additional add on, but the standard report writer is very difficult to use
- Very easy to use for non tech people and well self explanatory features.
- Customer Service is very good. They will tell you easy solution for your problem
- Time saving for all AR, AP and JE features for large organizations
- I personally like all the features but especially for one this yearly write off stuff consume little time because you have to do it manually no better upload feature is available
- Access anywhere, from any device.
- User-friendly, even for non-accountants.
- Good reporting.
- Because they don't use accounting terminology like debit/credit, journals can get very complicated, especially with balance sheet accounts like suspense accounts that can be either an asset or a liability.
- The API documentation and process to gain access to the API is not very user friendly.
- They don't have an integrated asset register that calculates amortization/depreciation. The logic is simple, it just needs to be done.
- VAT is still calculated incorrectly; a different rounding is used than SARS (South African Revue Service) uses.
- Vat calculations
- Payroll intergration
- It has been having system issues, but this is just a recent point.
- More integrations with other payroll systems would be preferential.
- Connections to online financial accounts: Allows for real time updates of account balances.
- Cloud access: Use anytime anywhere without the upkeep necessary when hosting the software on one's own servers.
- Robust reporting: Excellent for viewing a business's metrics and performance in many different dimensions.
- Time tracking: Functionality not present, so this would present a disadvantage in industries where billing requires this (ie. law, accounting firms, etc.)
- Interface could be improved: It doesn't have as user friendly an interface and navigation as competitors in the same category. It is somewhat dated in this regard.
- Inventory functionality could be more robust: Competitors have created stronger features in this area.
- Report customization options: Not as strong as competitors.
- The ability to log in to your accounting data anywhere you have internet. No sending backups to your accountant, no more trying to recover lost data, or having to log in to a server. This cloud hosted solution gives you a lot more freedom and flexibility as I can log in to it from any computer, or mobile device.
- The ability to send professional invoices or quotes to my customers while still at their location. Also the ability to easily track my receivables and stay on top of them as they are always right at my fingertips.
- Project tracking is a great feature. With this module you can send tasks associated with a project to your team without giving them access to your financial information. They can report to you where they are at on the project to help you stay on track. You can track the revenue and expenses associated with this project to make sure you are making a profit.
- Bank integration brings in all the transactions and easily lets you allocate to the appropriate revenue and expense account or match to sales invoices or purchase invoices saving you time in data entry.
- Sage One integrates with Sage Payment solutions or Paypal. By giving your customers more options to pay helping you stay on top of your receivables.
- I love how it imports into the Sage 50 Accounting software for those customers who still need the features and functionality of the desktop software.
- Just released the integration between Sage 50 and Sage One just got easier. The previous versions of Sage One and Sage 50 had the ability to download customer transactions from Sage One including invoicing, other income, bills, expenses, bank transfers and general journal entries to your Sage 50 accounting software.
- With the latest update for Sage 50 you can now automatically upload and map your Sage 50 customer records, vendors, accounts, inventory items, and tax codes to Sage One for a quick, easy setup and perfect record match every time. This makes things so much easier when setting up new customers in Sage One
- Now that important client information flows both ways, you can set up a new client in Sage One in minutes by accessing your Sage One connection wizard (under “file tab” in Sage 50 Accountants Edition) For the customers, vendors and accounts and products and services.
- The other information such as Sales invoices and other income, Bills and other expenses, Bank Transfers, general journal entries flow from Sage One to Sage 50.
- It is currently missing the payroll module to make it complete but is on the road map and should be released soon. I am anxiously awaiting this release as it would make this accounting program complete.
- It will allow you to use products and services when invoicing but doesn't yet allow you to track quantity for your inventory but I believe that is also on the road map or you can always import your transactions in to Sage 50 where it will track your inventory for you.
- Customised Invoice and Quotes through their Sage Report Designer
- Capture expenses (photo of receipt and details) through a dedicated mobile App
- Automatically update your bank feed
- Easy to understand Dash Board, to get a instant snapshot of where the business stands
- Accountant has access to your account and can do all the reports and submissions he has to without ever contacting you.
- Incredible support team!!
- When creating an Invoice/Quote there should be a Summary Field where you can summarise what the Invoice/Quote is about, so that you do not have to go into Report Designer each time to add a custom field.
- The product is extremely user friendly and very easy to use
- The invoicing system is great as I do not need to create new invoice each month which saves me lots of valuable time
- I have an update on what is happening with my customer accounts and finance at the click of a button
- I am happy at this stage and look forward to more additions to make life even easier then it already is
- Functionality - Can be accessed from anywhere using internet connection.
- User Friendliness - We found that training our clients takes very little time and encourages use.
- Bank Processing - The automatic bank feeds leaves little room for human error and assists in timely and accurate processing.
- Inventory is becoming an issue when we draw reports for clients. Inventory reflects on the Statement of asset and liabilities report but not on the Trial Balance report.
- Sage One is an easy to set-up and use program. With little time required, a small business can be up and invoicing clients with a professional looking system. The payment feature that integrates into the invoicing allows companies to receive payments at a much faster rate, increasing their cash flow.
- Sage One integrates easily in Sage 50 allowing a great collaboration between a business owner and their accounting team. There is no longer a lag time between waiting for paperwork to come in from clients, we can simply download their invoicing, help reconcile banks in real time.
- Sage One is accessible anywhere for my clients. They are no longer tied to a desk invoicing, collecting payments, or entering expenses. They can be anywhere in the world, on any device with internet. My clients can take holidays!
- In the invoicing section, I would love to see a "recurring" button for faster entries for monthly billing clients.
- The reporting functions in Sage One are particularly nifty and great for use in the presentation of financial information. The layouts are very well organised and the functionality and different options for using the reports are well thought out.
- The Report designer makes it quick and easy to make amendments to the document design and to add/remove to the design specified to the client's needs.
- The Quick View module and Dashboard module contribute to the user friendliness of the program which makes working with it even more of a pleasure. The required records/transactions have a very neat layout and the buttons are labelled very clearly.
- The overall functionality and user friendliness of the program makes it very easy to use and contributes to quick training. This increases productivity and decreases time and costs spent to implement the product.
- There are some reports which could be improved to further progress the presentation of financial information and assist management with important decisions.
- There are some technical errors sometimes encountered - but these are usually internal(internet or lack of technological know how).
- Very user-friendly interface
- Customer service - always available
- Reports - easy to produce and easy to read for non-accounting background
- Short-cuts for inputting common entries instead of clicking everytime
- A mobile app
- Ways to set up prompts for the user
- Seamless invoicing for wholesale clients
- Easy to use tracking of bills and expenses
- Vital reporting features to view the progress of the company
- My only real complaint is the inability to void invoices. The only option is to delete them, which wouldn't allow us to look back and view them. Instead, I leave them as unpaid.
- Sage One is backed by years and years of experience producing great general ledger accounting applications and services.
- Sage One has competent and friendly sales and support.
- Sage One has great quality at competitive prices.
- So far nothing to report here!
- Anywhere access
- Ability to invoice directly from software, with pay by credit card or Paypal integrated into the invoice.
- Interacts with your bank to download and automatically match transactions
- The invoices do not have enough customization. Stock layouts are not pleasing, or straight forward
- Needs a statement report that you can send out to customers
- Interface times out if you don't click save without notification. You will go to save a long quote and be told that the system signed you out, forcing you to start over.
- Invoice numbers should be present throughout the invoice screens. Can only see invoice number from list screen and report, not while editing invoice.
- Needs an outstanding invoice screen that shows all customers that owe money
- Sorting doesn't stay, need to reset everytime
- It is a user friendly product. There is not a lot of unneeded sections of the product that make it cumbersome.
- It is easy to navigate and the reports are very clean and easy to read.
- Provides some nice forecasting a company overview insight on the main page.
- Making the dates "sticky" would be a very helpful tool for us. We would like the ability to navigate between pages without having to reset drop down items each time.
- We would like to be able to personally organize our reports so they specifically fit our needs.
- Sage One is customer focused which is great! The invest a lot of time and resources into evaluating the customers' needs to improve the product.
- Conveniently generates various reports that allow you to review the financial status of your company in a few clicks.
- Provides the ability to link business accounts to the software...whether they are online or brick and mortar. This allows for a seamless snapshot of your cashflow.
- I've been asking... in my line of business, I could really use a PACKING SLIP that aligns with my Invoices. My customers ask for them and I have to use another software program to generate it since its not avaiable on Sage One.
- It would be great to have the option to get audio tutorials that we could enable or disable when going to links we have not used yet. Many of the terms are accounting based but for someone who doesn't know how a certain feature could be used a 45 second tutorial would be great.
- Along the same line... a link to the Sage One Community blog would also be good to connect the customer with others generating the same needs/ideas and sharing tips to engage more fully into the software.
- The ability to access our account from an iPad or iPhone is huge. Being at my son's games, and able to work as well, makes it easier and much more enjoyable to be a working mother.
- Creating and sending invoices is very easy, and looks professional.
- Support is a click away, or even a phone call if you really want to speak directly to someone.
- I would like to be able to run a report of all invoices that have been emailed, and how long ago they were sent.
- I would also like to change what name is used from the contact when sending an invoice by email.