Salesforce

Salesforce Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Erik Viager | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used simpler CRMs such as Copper and Hubspot in my past. Hubspot is a pretty straightforward CRM, but it's ability to be customized is nowhere near Salesforce.com. Copper (formerly Prosperworks) was a nicely designed CRM, but it is know as the "CRM for G-Suite". Now, in my current role, we do not use G-Suitre and we have multiple business units (BU) that span several offices across the word. Salesforce allows us to create BU-specific requirements and easily integrates with Pardot, which we use for marketing automation and campaign management.
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
I wasn't involved in the decision to choose [Salesforce.com] but I know that in at least one of the organizations I worked in that chose it, the analytics and reporting functionality it provides a large sales organization are second to none. It also allows for a wide variety of customizing fields, making it a fit for any large sales organization. However, all four of the other CRM's I have used (Pipedrive, Insightly, Zoho Assist, and SharpSpring) with previous, smaller sales organizations are all far more easier to use, more forgiving in terms of the ease of use and instruction provided, and don't require the additional expertise on staff for users to be able to navigate the CRM, enter opportunities, close opportunities and run reports.
Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I actually did not select Salesforce, I use [Salesforce.com] as a data source when integrating systems together for my clients. My clients have selected either Salesforce or Microsoft CRM for the most common CRM tools from my experience. Both tools are very flexible and can be made into a streamlined process or confusing grouping of ideas.
Nichole Pelaez | TrustRadius Reviewer
In the past we have used monday.com, which was better suited for a project management tool rather than a fully customizable CRM tool. We considered other options like Microsoft Dynamics 365, and HubSpot CRM, but ultimately decided to go with the best. HubSpot CRM's user interface was not as visually appealing or easy to use and the features do not compare to Salesforce which has earned the title of number one CRM tool for a reason. If you want a modern, fully-functional, analytics machine, Salesforce is the top tool.
Kurt Johansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have no alternative to compare as SF is all I have known for 7 years. The program we used prior to this, Smart Service, although I am far out of experience in using it, as I recall, superior based on setup, usability, integration, and especially cost. Salesforce has a negative ROI for small businesses.
Daniel Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Freshworks CRM (formerly Freshsales)
The Visual Workflow is the best feature of [Salesforce.com] that I like most due to how fast I can drag-and-drop business processes such as deals, expenses and discounts. Salesforce supports communication between myself and my team and faster sharing of files for better productivity. The team can handle their activities while at the office or on the field.
Vítor Hugo Pacheco | TrustRadius Reviewer
Salesforce stacks up against other CRM tools when keeping track of customer's contact and contract information for several different products and services. Salesforce provides a unique experience when it comes to following cases submitted by customers, interactions with digital products like self care or even our website.

Also, reports are unique and they are critical for us to make decisions about content and about processes strategically.
Derek Biondi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Pipedrive is good for a small business and managing that in a seamless and simple matter but it's easy to outgrow. For larger companies, I think Salesforce is much more appropriate. It's a more robust system and allows for all sorts of report customizations which I think becomes a really important aspect the bigger your company is. Salesforce allows for a lot of different integrations so that enables you to use specific tools that will assist you further without the bogging down of double data entry or data living in separate environments. It all connects so you're not wondering where you might have data residing. No digital paper shuffling here!
These CRMs are good, but Salesforce.com has become a standard in the industry for its robust integrations and power within all parts that entail a CRM. I would definitely recommend HubSpot or Zoho for smaller businesses.

I like Salesforce.com because of the familiarity. It has won the market such that no matter which company you go to, they will be using Salesforce.com. For me it is imperative that I utilize Salesforce.com to be efficient in my job.
Vrushali Raskar | TrustRadius Reviewer
As Salesforce is a widely used and recognized application you can easily trust the services [they] provide. Its mobile application supports very well so one can use it from anywhere around the globe. Customer engagement reports are very detailed than other CRM's. So you can boost the customers' requirements with ease.
When evaluating a CRM solution for our company we had a fairly simple decision process. We had to decide to buy vs build an internal solution - which we found for the cost Salesforce would save from development / IT perspective and provide a more robust solution. The closest out of the box competitor we looked at was the Microsoft Dynamics CRM product -and again, we found Salesforce to be a more robust / cost effective solution.
SalesNexus is good for smaller company, allows to connect with customers with text messages and emails, it's a lot less cumbersome and easier to use, if you make mistake, it will tell you where is the mistake and how to fix it. Easy to contact customer service. Less complex interface. And text message outreach is great, it allows to create templates and open rates are better.
Salesforce is just better... It's so nice working for a company that uses Salesforce well. It doesn't come cheap, but it's well worth it. HubSpot and Microsoft Dynamics are pretty solid, but HubSpot is very basic and Dynamics just didn't work very well and requires a ton of work to manage and maintain.
Salesforce met our needs at the time of implementation. We liked that it was hosted in the cloud and could be customized for our needs.

However, we are in the process of moving from Salesforce to Microsoft Dynamics as the Salesforce solutions are too costly for how it is being used and its frequency of use. There was a steep learning curve that was needed to implement the customizations of the Salesforce solutions we implemented.
I've used Zendesk CRM in the past and it's a nifty little tool that has a lot of potential. However, it just doesn't have all of the automation and features compared to [Salesforce.com]. I must prefer a system that can be easily administered as well as provide a customization experience for my end users.
SFDC is the only tool I have used for what it does. It is a very more than capable system and I would recommend it to anyone that manages a large book of business. The fact that you can create reports for exactly what you want is very valuable to me because we have very specific parameters that we look at.
We actually first utilized SalesForce and then integrated Hubspot as part of our process. The Sales Team really loved SalesForce, but mostly because they came to know how to utilize it. However, within the marketing team, we found that Hubspot met our more direct marketing needs because it allowed for landing page and email creation within the system.
HubSpot, Zoho, and Freshworks are options that we have considered in the past over Salesforce. The reason we haven't pulled the trigger on another CRM is due to the time investment to really know how a different system could work for us and because of how much information and money we currently have wrapped up in Salesforce. Again, Salesforce does what we need it to do but there's a higher price tag over the competition.
Salesforce is like a diamond - pricey, dazzly and captivating, but sometimes the sparkle can require shades. Looked at Citrix and evaluated price and features vs Salesforce but it pales in comparison. Not as many features and felt less utility for orgaization of client data

Salesforce Scorecard Summary

Sales Force Automation (9)
Customer data management / contact management (173)
Workflow management (165)
Territory management (135)
Opportunity management (170)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (157)
Contract management (130)
Quote & order management (124)
Interaction tracking (145)
Channel / partner relationship management (116)
Customer Service & Support (3)
Case management (57)
Call center management (43)
Help desk management (47)
Marketing Automation (2)
Lead management (158)
Email marketing (132)
CRM Project Management (3)
Task management (147)
Billing and invoicing management (37)
6.7
Reporting (109)
CRM Reporting & Analytics (3)
Forecasting (147)
Pipeline visualization (162)
Customizable reports (168)
Customization (4)
Custom fields (161)
Custom objects (153)
Scripting environment (116)
API for custom integration (133)
Security (2)
Single sign-on capability (133)
Role-based user permissions (123)
Social CRM (2)
Social data (105)
Social engagement (104)
Integrations with 3rd-party Software (2)
Marketing automation (139)
Compensation management (89)
Platform (1)
Mobile access (147)

What is Salesforce?

Salesforce is a web-based CRM application that enables users to forecast revenues and track leads. It is a leading sales, service, and marketing app. Salesforce.com's Sales (CRM), Service, Platform and Marketing applications are designed to help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. According to the vendor, on average, reps using Salesforce see: a +29% increase in sales from greater visibility, +34% increase in sales productivity, and +42% increase in forecast accuracy.

Salesforce Features

Sales Force Automation Features

• Supported: Customer data management / contact management
  • Supported: Workflow management
  • Supported: Territory management
  • Supported: Opportunity management
  • Supported: Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
  • Supported: Contract management

• Supported: Compensation management

Platform Features

• Supported: Mobile access

Salesforce Screenshots

Salesforce CRM - More than just a contacts database, Salesforce CRM is your centralized repository of customer information in the cloud.Salesforce Dashboards - Advanced reporting for Sales Executives, Sales Managers, or Service Managers allows you to keep a pulse on customer acquisition and satisfaction.Force.com Platform - More than a CRM or Service Application, Salesforce is a full cloud-based development environment supported by a rich ecosystem of integrated third-party application providers.

Salesforce Video