Business processes: We configured the product to conform to our internal business processes. For example, every account needs to be touched by a rep within a certain time window. If there is no activity after that time has elapsed, a flag is set that alerts the rep to contact the account. Similarly, flags are set at various points in the opportunity sales cycle to drive regular action after certain time periods elapse.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
In some cases to reassign existing leads to different sales reps based on the lead's certain supplemental actions.
Building custom dashboards mainly.
We have done a lot for a company of our size. We have done Visual Force customizations for pages/layout We have customized workflow/triggers extensively. We have done a lot in Apex.
Salesforce.com has tremendous capabilities and some of that is accessible and usable for simple tasks such as contact management. But to use it for a growing business and have it be at the heart of your reporting systems, you will need to configure the objects, create fields, automate workflows, customize forecasting, build security levels, and configure reporting etc.
We are using Salesforce for a number of core business processes and have developed multiple custom apps.
Primary customization was for integration to our own product – for lead flow and to get to work with Zuora (our billing system). It required true programming in both cases.
We have tried to keep it as vanilla as possible. One major piece of customization is around commissions.
We have built visual force pages that allow you to group things beyond native capabilities. We have built custom triggers to overcome system limitations e.g. if you close an opportunity it can only do certain things – the custom trigger allows you to do 15 things, e.g. send emails, create account etc. We have built custom reporting features in the system. We needed an in-house developer when we reached 300 employees. Previously we were using outside help. If you can find someone who does systems administration and development early on that would be best. We had one, but they ended up leaving. They were a senior system developer.
We have customized the portal but not our overall instance. Additionally, when we brought in Appirio/Financial Force (for Professional Services Automation – time tracking etc.), there was a lot of work required to accommodate it. This required some Apex code. We have done no customization for support specifically. We have added simple things like pick lists which are click customizations/configurations, but no Apex code.
Every business is different, and Salesforce’s ability to customize is one of its biggest selling points
We have built out entire sales process in Salesforce.com defining workflow from lead to closed opportunity. We have automated status changes and automatic field populations. We have used a lot of drop down dependent pick lists. We have a few custom objects and plan to add more and more. We have done some Apex coding for triggers – used a 3rd party for that. We have not done Visual Force customizations. We do not have an in-house resource that can code in Apex or Visual Force.
Salesforce is a web-based CRM application that enables users to forecast revenues and track leads. It is a leading sales, service, and marketing app. Salesforce.com's Sales (CRM), Service, Platform and Marketing applications are designed to help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. According to the vendor, on average, reps using Salesforce see: a +29% increase in sales from greater visibility, +34% increase in sales productivity, and +42% increase in forecast accuracy.
- Supported: Customer data management / contact management
- Supported: Workflow management
- Supported: Territory management
- Supported: Opportunity management
- Supported: Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
- Supported: Contract management
- Supported: Quote & order management
- Supported: Interaction tracking
- Supported: Channel / partner relationship management
- Supported: Lead management
- Supported: Email marketing
- Supported: Task management
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Pipeline visualization
- Supported: Customizable reports
- Supported: Custom fields
- Supported: Custom objects
- Supported: Scripting environment
- Supported: API for custom integration
- Supported: Role-based user permissions
- Supported: Single sign-on capability
- Supported: Social data
- Supported: Social engagement
- Supported: Marketing automation
- Supported: Compensation management
- Supported: Mobile access
- Act-On Software
- Agiloft Flexible Service Desk Suite
- Ambassador Referral Marketing Platform (discontinued)
- Buddy Media, now part of Salesforce Social Studio
- PROS Smart CPQ
- Connect First Contact Center Solution
- CX Social
- eTrigue DemandCenter
- HubSpot Marketing Hub
- InsightSquared Sales Analytics
- Adobe Campaign
- Lead Liaison Lead Management Automation
- Planyo Online Booking System
- HG Focus
- Phonedeck for Salesforce, a discontinued product
- Mautic (open source)
- Zoho Creator
- BiznusSoft HR (formerly HRMSSoft)
- Astera Centerprise
- CallidusCloud CPQ
- CallidusCloud CLM
- CallidusCloud Sales Enablement
- Right On Interactive
- Sage Intacct
- Projector PSA
- Fathom Connect, now part of Sharpen
- Fathom Q, now part of Sharpen
- Sharpen Contact Center Platform (formerly Fathom Voice)
- Mycroft Assistant
- SmartSearch Document Management
- Lead Only
- Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud)
- Acquia Digital Experience Platform
- 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)
- OneSpan Sign (formerly eSignLive)
- LoopFuse (discontinued)
- Aventri (formerly etouches)
- Interactions Digital Roots (formerly ENGAGE)
- Ektron Web Content Management System (Discontinued)
- part of Episerver
- Oracle Responsys
- part of Oracle CX Marketing
Starting Price: $25
|Essentials||$25.00||Per User/Per Month|
|Professional||$75.00||Per User/Per Month|
|Enterprise||$150.00||Per User/Per Month|
|Unlimited||$300.00||Per user/Per month|