Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SAP BW/4HANA, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SAP BW/4HANA is a next-generation data warehouse solution. It is specifically designed to use the advanced in-memory capabilities of the SAP HANA platform. For example, SAP BW/HANA can integrate many different data sources to provide a single, logical view of all the data. This could include data contained in SAP and non-SAP applications running on-premise or in the cloud, and data lakes, such as those contained in the Apache Hadoop open-source software framework. With SAP BW/4HANA, IT organizations can become the hero, providing business users with real-time analytics, tailored analytical applications, and intelligent automated support for business processes based on data from SAP and non-SAP line-of-business applications.
- Supported: Simplified modelling and administration
- Supported: Integration with SAP and non-SAP applications
- Supported: Improved user experience
- Supported: High-volume, real-time data processing
|Supported Languages||Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|
- Near real-time data replication from HANA databases.
- Strong BW functionality.
- A host of cloud reporting tools can seamlessly connect to it.
- Enterprise license pricing is very expensive and run-time license limits the usefulness of the tool.
- Integration with SAP Analytics Cloud for write-back to BW/4HANA. Live connection is only read from SAC.
- Make run-time licenses more useful.
- SAP GUI
- SAP HANA Designer
- User interface
- Optimizing queries
- High speed data warehouse regardless of data volumes.
- Excellent integration with SAP systems and Data sets.
- Simplified data modelling due to columnar data base.
- Better integration with external data providers.
- More cost effective licensing model.
- More flexible options for external systems provisioning data from BW/4HANA.
- BI and Reporting out of the ERP Layer
- Self Service Capabilities to build reports and cubes out of SAP
- Great Performance for simple and analytical reporting out of SAP
- Broad availability of BW Tools to integrate - such as Business Explorer
- ETL implementation can be complicated
- Integration with non-SAP systems can take a long time
- Cost to implement and maintain can be high, even in Cloud
- Easy to use.
- Technical part can be difficult if you're not familiar with it.
- It gives you a lot of data
- Could be more user friendly
- Loading data from SAP ERP data sources.
- Use of data virtualization to minimize load times.
- Data hosting in memory since the underlying database is HANA.
- Interface improvements so that all development is web-based.
- Ease of connectivity with non-SAP sources.
- Avoid the need to continue using the SAP GUI.
- Better preformance
- Ability to perform hybrid data modelling
- Better integration to non-SAP data sources
- Simplified data modelling
- Still has reliance of ABAP stack.
- Not all exception aggregation conditions are pushed down to HANA
- BW-IP should be included in offering as it was previously.
- BW workspaces could improved, has huge potential.