Reviews (1-25 of 26)
- SAP Cloud Platform is more secured.
- SAP Cloud Platform improves performance.
- Development is user-friendly.
- Can handle huge data and companies don't have to pay for additional space as everything is saved onto Cloud.
- Scope for cross-platform integration should be increased.
- Mapping issues.
- Functionalities can be made more user-friendly.
- SAP Cloud Platform has easy user maintenance and credentials handling.
- It has many useful, ready-built services that make connectivity smooth.
- SAP Cloud Platform on Cloud Foundry has great ePaas functionality if you are willing to monetize your developments.
- Cloud Platform Integration has somewhat limited functionalities for certain business process logics. These should be built more flexibly like its rivals are.
- Great integration of saas/3rd party to the backend
- Mobile app development capabilities with the SDK
- Support of multiple launchpads in one subaccount
- Simple service activation via CPEA contract
- Connect securely and fast multiple backends to expose information to externals
- Not all services are available on all hyperscalers
- Marketing of cloud platforms is difficult to understand for ABAP guys and users without knowing anything about cloud as such.
- Fast evolving technologies, hard to keep pace
- Fiori based app development which results in the seamless coupling of data in the required format
- SAP Cloud makes the data available wherever it is needed even on via mobile
- Secure Data Integration scenarios that process, present and send the data as per our requirements
- More integration methods
- Data security
- Better development tools
- Time series based data integration between any system to any system, let it be SAP or Legacy
- Heavily used for data analytics using tables, charts, and dashboards
- Embedded machine learning and so helpful in predictive analyses capabilities
- Seamless connectivity with various Cloud Services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Data Availability made simple even over phones with the apps on Android and iOS platforms
- Rapid deployment of preconfigured applications and services.
- Simple development of native business applications.
- Holistic life cycle management of all interfaces.
- Seamless integration of existing solutions and hybrid system landscape.
- Production maintenance is to not easy to plan.
- Improvement is required on CI/CD pipelines.
- Data security.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform is easy and affordable to deploy with the full support from SAP you would expect
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform has the power and scalability to handle the most complex algorithms
- Continue working on the ability to work with iPhone and iPad
Is the go-to platform when creating solutions that build on our SAP solutions. Many small scale projects currently using SCP, but major scale up expected in next two years.
- Integration using CPI is so much more agile than previous solutions using PI. The main difference is that CPI is already accessible to the internet and so partners can be on boarded in a few minutes rather than the weeks to set up new network traversal.
- Very simple to compose a new set of services for a project. This approach works well for agile projects.
- For larger organizations, we miss automations that work at the cockpit level. There is too much manual effort required to create an environment, which could lead to inconsistencies.
- With CPEA consumption model we see a lack of detailed reporting and control as a risk. Past experience has show how easy it is to over consume services.
- There is a real lack of global solutions - services etc are available around the globe, but single services - distributed and highly available - are required for our bigger projects.
Solutions that are not touching existing SAP data or services are generally served elsewhere.
- Integrated tools
- Tight integration with SAP and faster adaptation and implementation - It just takes 5-10 min to expose a Data API
- iPaas platform for the future to reduce the technical lag
- The integration UI has a lot quirks
- Debugging capabilities
Also, we are building the guidelines for our developers on how to use SAP Cloud Foundry to build custom applications as per business requirements.
- It is scalable.
- Really helps to build custom application on SAP Neo and SAP Cloud Foundry.
- Developers can leverage the language of their choice - UI5, JAVA, ABAP - and still deployment can be done across platforms.
- It is flexible.
- Improvement is required on CI/CD pipelines. Currently Azure DevOps cannot be used for it.
- Integration between SAP Neo and SAP Cloud Foundry sometimes is not easy.
- Production maintenance is not easy to plan.
SAP enterprise software has been at the core of JK Tyre’s since 2006 for its entire operation including operational, tactical and analytical levels. In December 2016, JK Tyre implemented SAP HANA, SAP’s in-memory database, replacing its previous Oracle database. The journey continued by adopting SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Now SAP Cloud Platform) in 2017-18 to accelerate digital transformation across business by enabling the organization to build the application for Distributors/Dealers in a real-time environment. With strong On-Premises HANA & SAP HCP, along with the productivity apps for all Distributors/Dealers, an Enterprise Portal was created that makes the platform a virtual office for them providing a real-time environment to corporate SAP database. Adoption of the entire suite of SAP technologies like SAP HANA (SOH), SAP CLOUD PLATFORM, SAP VISTEX, SAP DCS provides a comprehensive and unified platform to all Internal and External Stakeholders.
After the adoption of SAP CLOUD PLATFORM and Online Dealer Portal built upon the distribution channel now have a real-time connectivity to Core SAP Enterprise system that allows them do their daily transactions like Ordering, GRNs, View real-time available stocks, Account statements, Outstanding & complete MIS, Make online payments, Track their scheme effectiveness besides enabling them to perform secondary sales through same platform.
- Love that the cloud can be accessed by any user.
- Innovations can be checked on the cloud.
- App testing.
- Sometimes can be slow.
- Should allow to build applications across full technology stacks from a cloud development environment.
- Cloud applications should have an easy way to integrate with AWS and GCP.
- Offer different services.
- Be available everywhere.
- Licensing mode (it is a chaos depending on the service).
- Kubernetes integration.
- If you have several accounts, the invoices are not clear at all about which account is involved in it.
For me, the worst scenario is for those that don't want to have any kind of data stored in cloud. Although there are ways to maintain most of the data on prem (overall if you have HANA database), normally you need to store some data in cloud (acting as cache or a real storage).
- It is a 100% productive tool for developing applications.
- Its wide interface allows you to work with a high performance.
- It provides real-time data information to improve business processes.
- It is a service of high availability at all times and from mobile applications.
- This service is the best investment a company can make, since you will get instant improvements.
- Learning to use this service without proper training can be a challenge, as your system is large enough to confuse people.
- I also believe that this service needs to be more flexible to adapt to the needs of its users.
- If I talk about how it works, it's amazing how good it is, so in terms of functionality, I have no complaints.
- We can use SAP Cloud Platform without database and we can use the services.
- Web IDE can be used from anywhere and not require local storage.
- Deployment is easy.
- Internet should be there.
- Cloud connector needs to be used for back-end systems.
- By using the Cloud Connector service, you can integrate SAP S/4 HANA or traditional ECC directly with UI5 applications for development, testing, and deployment purposes.
- The Full Stack Web IDE streamlines the development of UI5 applications by offering code completion, GIT integration, and local debugging tools.
- SAP Cloud Platform is very easy to manage from a user perspective, with permissions, authorizations, and access handled in one central service.
- While both are good offerings, the distinction between Neo Cloud Platform and Cloud Foundry is a bit tedious. Often similar services are offered on each but with different features or roadmaps.
- SAP recently announced the third IDE for Cloud Platform based on Eclipse. It would be nice to have full clarification as to the purpose of each, and if there is overlap perhaps to discontinue one.
Cloud Platform also serves as a centralized platform to access all Java, HTML5 and Hana XS Applications from. We developed our Apps through the Full Stack WebIDE which are then deployed and managed from the Cloud Platform.
- The ever-expanding suite of products and services offered is a great way of staying in touch with new technologies and to grow together with SAP's future thinking approach.
- Provides an intuitive cockpit for managing services and applications.
- Does a good job of user and role management in an organization which can be grouped according to sub-accounts or regions.
- Documentation is sometimes lacking when trying to research or discover new services or technologies offered through SAP Cloud Platform.
- Clear release road maps have sometimes been lacking where we don't have much insight into what improvements can be expected when.
- We've had some issues activating and deactivating services through our service rep.
- SAP Cloud Platform scales to any size.
- SAP Cloud Platform can be deployed anywhere.
- SAP Cloud Platform does not have to be managed in-house.
- There are different versions with different features and incompatibilities to keep track of (e.g. Neo, CF).
- There are always small problems to resolve with any new and growing technology.
SAP Cloud Platform Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform Screenshots
SAP Cloud Platform Videos (2)
SAP Cloud Platform Downloadables
SAP Cloud Platform Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Starter Edition||$507||per month|
|Professional Edition||$25||per user per month|
|AppServices Standard Edition||$1,257||per month|
SAP Cloud Platform Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|