January 19, 2019
Review: "SAS Business Intelligence is good at many things, but be prepared to wait for your models to run"
Score 8 out of 10
Read Thomas Young's full review
Pros and Cons
- SAS Business Intelligence is very easy to set up and automate. Very easy.
- SAS Business Intelligence graphics are above average, and the user interactivity is generally better than others in the industry.
- SAS Business Intelligence makes doing advanced calculations much easier than other tools. That may be because the software uses SAS programming behind the scenes, and users that know SAS programming will find it easier to create business intelligence charts.
- SAS Business Intelligence is generally slower than other business intelligence platforms. This surprised me because I've been a SAS user for 15 years and have found base SAS to be the most responsive and fastest processing tools around. Not sure why the SAS Business Intelligence is behind the other tools for processing speed.
- Although SAS Business Intelligence offers many default graphics, rearranging things is not as easy as other business intelligence tools.
- SAS Business Intelligence needs to work on improving the drill-down capability of the business intelligence charts. The software is behind other business intelligence tools that have been in the market for much longer.