https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/8Q/b9/W47TSZK0C41J.PNGTipping the Scale in hyper-convergence for SMBWe migrated from a pure physical environment to Scale Computing HC3 to host all of our business critical servers and data for our entire organization. The process was pretty easy and it has improved up time, eased maintenance of the servers, and due to granular snapshots, reduced the stress about patching servers.,I love the fact that with Scale Computing there truly is a single pane of glass to manage everything. It is very easy to use as anything you need to do is typically just a couple of clicks with the mouse. If you want to spin up a copy of a server for testing off of a snapshot, 4 clicks, and all without leaving the screen that you are on and you are done. Need to move a vm to a different host, click and drag it to the new host with no interruption to the end users, or noticeable impact on performance. Scale Computing HC3 has the best support that I have ever seen. On the rare times I have required them, I have always received a real, easy to understand, person after a couple of rings. They have been quick to respond and after allowing them remote access to the system, have been able to quickly resolve any issue that I have had.,One area of improvement would be is to have the ability to resize a hard drive inside a VM.,10,10,We run all of our applications such as our financial, exchange, payroll, scheduling, and hr software, as well as our file server and domain controllers without any issues.,Scale Computing has allowed us to reduce the number of physical servers in the data center, and made maintaining the servers and applications easier and worry free.Happy with Scale Computing HC3I use Scale Computing HC3 for my entire organization. It's home to several Microsoft virtual services, some of which include Exchange, Internet Information Service, and SQL. We also host Active Directory services and File sharing. I have 5 nodes implemented so it provided great hardware redundancy.,Redundancy Failover Easy to use interface Good Customer Support,I have nothing to offer in this area,9,9,Proprietary Learning Management SystemMicrosoft SQL servicesWeb ApplicationsMicrosoft Exchange,Lower power consumption compared to the HP server environment I was running Total cost of ownership is lower as I don't have to pay for Microsoft's Hyper-V licensing for additional servers,Hyper-V and VMware ESXiScale Computing is the bombOur entire organization used the Scale Computing Solution. Our Scale Solution served 32 locations with all network and application resources from a single data center. This allowed for centralized computing, centralized backup, and a dramatic improvement in the resources and time required to manage IT systems.,Very simple, intuitive user interface Very fast application performance over RDS sessions. Very easy to update, maintain, and expand Great customer service from sales to support.,I really don't have any suggestions here. i was very pleased and highly recommend the Scale Computing Solution,10,10,We ran medical billing, scheduling, and electronic medical record applications on the system, which was delivered to clinic and clinician users over an RDS session running on thin clients. All applications were delivered in a busy clinical setting where all applications were used at the point of care.,Our major win was on the reduction in travel and physical server maintenance costs associated with essentially consolidating and removing all remotely located server equipment.,Scale Hyperconverged System is a WinnerScale is used across the entire organization as a host for multiple server and workstation VM's. It host DC's, file servers and specialty servers.,Their support is spectacular Their business ethics are strong Their products perform very well, are easy to use, and straight forward to setup,Cloning a VM requires turning off the virtual NIC to allow an IP reset. Would be nice if this wasn't required,9,9,We run our domain controller, our ERP system, freight server, antivirus server, file server, and some Win7 workstations on the Scale. It's critical for us to have all systems up and running.,Reduced administrative time Virtually 100% uptime,My life with Scale Computing.We are using the HC3 cluster as our main virtual environment for our servers. We also use it to connect to an offsite location for our server backups.,You can quickly install OS images to put into production or to test. Technical support has been wonderful in answering my questions. Keeping up to date with firmware updates.,An easier way to delete older notifications (conditions). Better scaled console interface in the web browsers.,9,9,I'm runnig a Domain Controller and a file server. Nothing major.,I haven't had any real problems or changesd in my system in the pass 2 years.,None.Scale upWe currently use Scale across the entire organization. It provides us the redundancy and scale-ability that would have cost us much more had we not chosen Scale.,Reduces downtime due to hardware issues Allows us to quickly restore VM's to a prior point Allows us to create new Apps as required.,I have not yet encountered, sorry.,10,10,We are running all of our Apps on it. We have migrated from the older Servers to entirely Scale.,We have had absolutely no downtime in the 2 years that we have been running Scale When a new App is required, we have been able to spin up a new VM within minutes of identifiying the need.,Nutanix, VMware ESXi and Hyper-VGreat for a Small business with a small SQL environmentScale Computing HC3 was going to be used to Virtualize our Infrastructure. This was purchased prior to me coming onboard and I did not not purchase this product. We no longer use this infrastructure.,Customer Service and Support Full Supported by Scale with little user management Complete virtual hyper converged solution,Simplify the Disaster Recovery fail-over and fail back. Provide support for external storage.,7,9,We tried running SQL Server that had a 750 GB database. The infrastructure was not able to support a database of this size and we had to purchase separate hardware to install Hyper-V.,It had a negative impact on ROI. We haven't fully depreciated the cost and I am moving to VMWare to meet our business needs. This product was not setup to meet our company needs, this was in part due to previous management making the wrong decision.,The scalability of Scale HC3Scale Computing HC3 replaced our aging server hardware. It is used by the whole organization. It addresses the issue of systems stability, system longevity, disaster recovery, and systems availability.,Easy to manage Easy to set up Easy to monitor,I have had a couple of issue with the email alerts, so I feel like they could improve on that.,10,10,I am running my RDP server, FTP server, Email server, file server, and several web servers off of my HC3 infrastructure. The great thing is, if one of the server physically goes down, my users don't see anything happen. The virtual servers will move to a server with available resources.,Scale has improved work efficiencyScaleComputing... The mother of all VMs!Scale Computing is used throughout our entire company. With HC3 simplifying our lives, we are able to maintain 30+ servers, for 5+ companies, and still keep our head on our shoulders! Thank you, Scale.,Reliably support large infrastructures Operating in rough environments Creating, managing servers,Display RAM usage per Virtual Server from the Scale Dashboard to easily identify Servers that need extra memory Support for Chrome Browser when using the web-based console (So far, I can only get it to work reliably when using IE) Show more information about DR remote clusters from the Production cluster,10,10,We have a very large File Server that we heavily rely on. Recently, we've been growing at a rapid rate, and being able to expand the resources on the server on the fly has saved our bacon many of times. Whether it's expanding the CPU, RAM, or most often in our situation, the hard drive space; It's great to know we can always scale our server as needed in a quick fashion.,Increased our overall service up-time significantly Allowing IT to act quickly when needing to make any changes to our production servers Having the piece of mind that we can recover from a disaster situation from our remote DR (a feature we never had prior to moving to HC3),VMware ESXi, Hyper-V and Oracle VM VirtualBoxEase of Use!My IT department uses Scale Computing HC3 to host VMs for critical business and service functioning within the organization. We also replicate the VMs to a second remote Scale for DR purposes.,Scale is easy to use. Basic functionality and management of Scale is easy to learn and put into practice.,The primary con is Scale is not recognized as a 'big player' in the market. As a result, some applications will not assure support for their product running on a VM on something other that VMware or Hyper-V or XenServer. My disappointment lies primarily with these companies who don't recognize Scale.,9,10,AD, TermServer, Database applications, File server functionality.Disaster Recovery as we replicate VMs between two Scale devices.,Our Scale has reaped tangible benefits simply by providing on the fly server functionality at the drop of a hat. And anyone can learn it.,Scale vs. VMware (Scale Wins)We use Scale Computing HC3 to host our VOIP product, this replaced a VMWare setup.,Simple interface: The user interface is graphical and easy to navigate. Creating a new VM is quick. Scalable: Easy to add additional nodes to increase capacity, no loss of data and minimal down time. Support: Scale technical support is helpful and responsive. We have had a few drives fail and replacement shipping is usually overnight!,Details performance reports: We would like to see detailed performance reports for a specific VM, server and cluster. Better error logs: We have had errors on the GUI that say something like "The system has an error, contact support". This is unsettling as a large portion of our business relays on these servers. Better built in graphics support on VMs. We would like to use a few VM's as remote connection workstations, however the virtual graphics cards make this impossible, we can only get 800x400 display and that carries through to remote connection programs.,8,10,We have only run our hosted VoIP product on Scale. It runs well, we have had an issue with cron jobs across the VMs that spike system resources that was difficult to diagnose using the reporting tools provided by Scale.,Scale has allowed us to grow our product without the fear of every growing VMware licensing and server fees.,VMware ESXiScale Computing helped this SMB growWe went with Scale Computing, because we were running into increased licensing costs associated with VMware. As an SMB that was growing, we did not need the "Enterprise" level of VMware licensing. We needed to ability grow at our pace and not have to pay large licensing costs for features we would not use for a while.Scale Computing allowed us to get our two production sites (separated by a couple of miles and connected via MPLS) the ability to be up and running after migration very fast, have a DR Site for each cluster, and the ability to ad-hoc add more CPU/Ram/storage when we needed it.At the time our IT department was very small (just me), with Scale Computing the cluster and interface made things simple. There was not a cluttered feel like vSphere. Having one support number to call for all issues is great, and Scale's support team is awesome!,The software used to migrate from physical or virtual to the Scale system is great. The support team is great. Tailors to the SMB market really well.,Be faster to make updates for newer MS Operating Systems. Easier VMDK support. In-house notification system - if my cluster is down so is my Mail Server, so it's not able to send me notifications that my system is down.,8,9,We run our Exchange Sever with 85 mailboxes that are 4-8GB each. We are a sales driven company so we see a lot of Exchange traffic and have never had slowness related to the hyper-converged model. We also run our entire ERP system from Scale Computing and that system is used by 90% of our employees 8-9 hours a day with no slowness issues.,The ROI was met in year two solely off the savings of getting us off VMware and allowing us to add more VMs to both locations. One negative so far is the lack of backup ability for KVM VMs. No VM backup - only at an agent level.,VMware ESXiTip the Scales in your favor, go with Scale!We are using Scale's HC3 system across our whole organization. We've been able to not only virtualize a couple of physical servers, but also to migrate some virtual servers off a failing VMware platform.,The HCMove migration utilities are top-notch. Really makes migrating to the Scale platform from both physical and virtual systems very easy. The portal is extremely user-friendly and makes setting up new machines and maintaining existing machines a cinch. Tech support has always been quick and efficient.,I would like to see Scale get recognition and integration with other utilities at the same level as VMware and Hyper-V. We utilize a Unitrends device for backups, and while it has native support for backing up on VMware and Hyper-V platforms, I lose out on the virtual-aware benefits and have to just backup my Scale virtual servers as if they were physical.,10,10,We have run our corporate ERP system, HelpDesk system, file servers, web servers, etc., through the Scale system.,The positives are numerous. Our servers are faster than when they were physical, up time has vastly improved, we've saved money on power by eliminating old hardware. I have yet to see a negative impact on the ROI for the system.,VMware ESXi and Hyper-VScale computing, doing Hyper-convergence right!We are using Scale across the entire organization. We have two clusters, one being used a another location for DR purposes.,Makes new VM creation easy and quick Gives the ability to expand quite easily,Would like to see a smartphone app for control and monitoring Better compression and speed on the replication,9,9,Electronic Health Record system, Dental system, Pharmacy system, terminal services, Intranet. Our experience has been thus far very good. I would highly recommend their products.,Lower administrative costs Lower energy costs Less fork lift upgrades
Windows, Linux, Unix
Scale Computing HC3
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Scale Computing HC3 Reviews

Scale Computing HC3

Do you work for this company?

Filter 240 vetted Scale Computing HC3 reviews and ratings

Clayton Crocker profile photo
  • I love the fact that with Scale Computing there truly is a single pane of glass to manage everything. It is very easy to use as anything you need to do is typically just a couple of clicks with the mouse. If you want to spin up a copy of a server for testing off of a snapshot, 4 clicks, and all without leaving the screen that you are on and you are done. Need to move a vm to a different host, click and drag it to the new host with no interruption to the end users, or noticeable impact on performance.
  • Scale Computing HC3 has the best support that I have ever seen. On the rare times I have required them, I have always received a real, easy to understand, person after a couple of rings. They have been quick to respond and after allowing them remote access to the system, have been able to quickly resolve any issue that I have had.
  • One area of improvement would be is to have the ability to resize a hard drive inside a VM.
Scale Computing is very well suited for the SMB market and other markets as well. It is simple and easy to use, and only takes a few minutes to get familiar with the interface and it can scale up to meet more demanding needs by simply adding additional nodes. Need additional storage? Add a storage heavy node. Need more compute? Add a compute heavy node. Need to implement a disaster recovery solution? Simply setup a new cluster in your offsite location and provide a connect between them and you are done.
Read Clayton Crocker's full review
Bart Strauss profile photo
  • Redundancy Failover
  • Easy to use interface
  • Good Customer Support
  • I have nothing to offer in this area
Environments where 3 to 5 virtual servers per hardware device are needed.
  • Proprietary Learning Management System
  • Microsoft SQL services
  • Web Applications
  • Microsoft Exchange
Read Bart Strauss's full review
Kelson Colbo profile photo
  • Very simple, intuitive user interface
  • Very fast application performance over RDS sessions.
  • Very easy to update, maintain, and expand
  • Great customer service from sales to support.
  • I really don't have any suggestions here. i was very pleased and highly recommend the Scale Computing Solution
Coming for a multi-site, multi-state healthcare company that had an MPLS network in place, deploying the Scale Solutions fit perfectly. We used their migration tool to take physical servers to virtual, and reduced our server infrastructure from 35 physical servers to 2 plus a 4 node Scale Computing Solution.
Read Kelson Colbo's full review
Frank Fratzke, CPA profile photo
  • Their support is spectacular
  • Their business ethics are strong
  • Their products perform very well, are easy to use, and straight forward to setup
  • Cloning a VM requires turning off the virtual NIC to allow an IP reset. Would be nice if this wasn't required
Good for an environment demanding high availability with ease of setup and use. Allows for a single vendor solution for VM's, storage, etc.
Read Frank Fratzke, CPA's full review
Carl Elton profile photo
  • You can quickly install OS images to put into production or to test.
  • Technical support has been wonderful in answering my questions.
  • Keeping up to date with firmware updates.
  • An easier way to delete older notifications (conditions).
  • Better scaled console interface in the web browsers.
As I said before, Scale is an easy way to run your virtual servers.
I'm runnig a Domain Controller and a file server. Nothing major.
Read Carl Elton's full review
Jamie Abraham profile photo
June 06, 2017

Scale up

We currently use Scale across the entire organization.
  • Reduces downtime due to hardware issues
  • Allows us to quickly restore VM's to a prior point
  • Allows us to create new Apps as required.
  • I have not yet encountered, sorry.
Excellent in an environment looking to consolidate a large number of servers.
Read Jamie Abraham's full review
Gary Grana profile photo
  • Customer Service and Support
  • Full Supported by Scale with little user management
  • Complete virtual hyper converged solution
  • Simplify the Disaster Recovery fail-over and fail back.
  • Provide support for external storage.
This product is great for a small company with no IT or only 1 IT employee.
Read Gary Grana's full review
Zackary Sutton profile photo
  • Easy to manage
  • Easy to set up
  • Easy to monitor
  • I have had a couple of issue with the email alerts, so I feel like they could improve on that.
Scale is well suited for small - medium sized businesses who are looking to virtualize their server environment. However, the great thing about Scale is how scalable it is. Scale can really be used for any sized business.
Read Zackary Sutton's full review
  • Reliably support large infrastructures
  • Operating in rough environments
  • Creating, managing servers
  • Display RAM usage per Virtual Server from the Scale Dashboard to easily identify Servers that need extra memory
  • Support for Chrome Browser when using the web-based console (So far, I can only get it to work reliably when using IE)
  • Show more information about DR remote clusters from the Production cluster
Being able to create/modify/shut down/etc., all of our servers from one simple view is really handy. Fast and reliable, the cluster never goes down. Great for those who need to be able to create servers on-the-go from any computer, as long as a VPN connection/internet connection is accessible. Really makes the IT life a lot easier.
June 19, 2017

Ease of Use!

• Scale is easy to use. Basic functionality and management of Scale is easy to learn and put into practice.
  • The primary con is Scale is not recognized as a 'big player' in the market. As a result, some applications will not assure support for their product running on a VM on something other that VMware or Hyper-V or XenServer. My disappointment lies primarily with these companies who don't recognize Scale.
Scale is will suited for companies who need a stable, easy to use cost effective VM solution.
AD, TermServer, Database applications, File server functionality.
Disaster Recovery as we replicate VMs between two Scale devices.
  • Simple interface: The user interface is graphical and easy to navigate. Creating a new VM is quick.
  • Scalable: Easy to add additional nodes to increase capacity, no loss of data and minimal down time.
  • Support: Scale technical support is helpful and responsive. We have had a few drives fail and replacement shipping is usually overnight!
  • Details performance reports: We would like to see detailed performance reports for a specific VM, server and cluster.
  • Better error logs: We have had errors on the GUI that say something like "The system has an error, contact support". This is unsettling as a large portion of our business relays on these servers.
  • Better built in graphics support on VMs. We would like to use a few VM's as remote connection workstations, however the virtual graphics cards make this impossible, we can only get 800x400 display and that carries through to remote connection programs.
It would be great in a hosted server scenario, but for virtual desktops it would not work very well.

• The software used to migrate from physical or virtual to the Scale system is great.
  • The support team is great.
  • Tailors to the SMB market really well.
  • Be faster to make updates for newer MS Operating Systems.
  • Easier VMDK support.
  • In-house notification system - if my cluster is down so is my Mail Server, so it's not able to send me notifications that my system is down.
They would be great in an SMB market, where a majority of current servers are MS or mainstream Linux distros. Scale might not be a good fit with legacy servers and other applications that are not industry standard.
  • The HCMove migration utilities are top-notch. Really makes migrating to the Scale platform from both physical and virtual systems very easy.
  • The portal is extremely user-friendly and makes setting up new machines and maintaining existing machines a cinch.
  • Tech support has always been quick and efficient.
  • I would like to see Scale get recognition and integration with other utilities at the same level as VMware and Hyper-V. We utilize a Unitrends device for backups, and while it has native support for backing up on VMware and Hyper-V platforms, I lose out on the virtual-aware benefits and have to just backup my Scale virtual servers as if they were physical.
The only scenario that would be inappropriate for Scale would be in businesses with a very small number of servers, or with no desire to virtualize. Scale is my preferred virtualization environment for any other scenario.
  • Makes new VM creation easy and quick
  • Gives the ability to expand quite easily
  • Would like to see a smartphone app for control and monitoring
  • Better compression and speed on the replication
For small organizations that want to lower their administration and efficiency costs while providing better response for users.

About Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing offers edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions for customers around the globe. Scale Computing HC3® software promises to eliminate traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. The vendor says that, using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. The vendor says ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO are key differentiators. The product works for distributed enterprises, global retailers, and SMBs alike.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

• Install in less than an hour
  • Deploy new VMs in minutes
  • Built-in Browser-based Management
  • Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
  • Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
  • Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
  • Integrated all-in-one appliance
  • Scale-out Architecture
  • Mix and match new nodes
  • Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
  • Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
  • No additional licensing required
  • Start small and grow as your business grows
  • No forklift upgrades

Scale Computing HC3 Features

Has featureSimplicity
Has featureHigh Availability
Has featureScalability

Scale Computing HC3 Integrations

Leostream, Cloud Unity - Google

Scale Computing HC3 Competitors

VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, Nutanix, Hyper-V, HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
HC12008,500Per Node
HC1250D15,170Per Node
HC12509,665Per Node
HC1250DF16,750Per Node
HC5250D25,700Per Node

Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.

Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution