- Proprietary Learning Management System
- Microsoft SQL services
- Web Applications
- Microsoft Exchange
Reviews (151-164 of 164)
- Very simple, intuitive user interface
- Very fast application performance over RDS sessions.
- Very easy to update, maintain, and expand
- Great customer service from sales to support.
- I really don't have any suggestions here. i was very pleased and highly recommend the Scale Computing Solution
- Their support is spectacular
- Their business ethics are strong
- Their products perform very well, are easy to use, and straight forward to setup
- Cloning a VM requires turning off the virtual NIC to allow an IP reset. Would be nice if this wasn't required
- You can quickly install OS images to put into production or to test.
- Technical support has been wonderful in answering my questions.
- Keeping up to date with firmware updates.
- An easier way to delete older notifications (conditions).
- Better scaled console interface in the web browsers.
It provides us the redundancy and scale-ability that would have cost us much more had we not chosen Scale.
- Customer Service and Support
- Full Supported by Scale with little user management
- Complete virtual hyper converged solution
- Simplify the Disaster Recovery fail-over and fail back.
- Provide support for external storage.
Probably not well suited to large enterprises and they will tell you that is not their market.
- Reliably support large infrastructures
- Operating in rough environments
- Creating, managing servers
- Display RAM usage per Virtual Server from the Scale Dashboard to easily identify Servers that need extra memory
- Support for Chrome Browser when using the web-based console (So far, I can only get it to work reliably when using IE)
- Show more information about DR remote clusters from the Production cluster
- Scale is easy to use. Basic functionality and management of Scale is easy to learn and put into practice.
- The primary con is Scale is not recognized as a 'big player' in the market. As a result, some applications will not assure support for their product running on a VM on something other that VMware or Hyper-V or XenServer. My disappointment lies primarily with these companies who don't recognize Scale.
Disaster Recovery as we replicate VMs between two Scale devices.
- Simple interface: The user interface is graphical and easy to navigate. Creating a new VM is quick.
- Scalable: Easy to add additional nodes to increase capacity, no loss of data and minimal down time.
- Support: Scale technical support is helpful and responsive. We have had a few drives fail and replacement shipping is usually overnight!
- Details performance reports: We would like to see detailed performance reports for a specific VM, server and cluster.
- Better error logs: We have had errors on the GUI that say something like "The system has an error, contact support". This is unsettling as a large portion of our business relays on these servers.
- Better built in graphics support on VMs. We would like to use a few VM's as remote connection workstations, however the virtual graphics cards make this impossible, we can only get 800x400 display and that carries through to remote connection programs.
We went with Scale Computing, because we were running into increased licensing costs associated with VMware. As an SMB that was growing, we did not need the "Enterprise" level of VMware licensing. We needed to ability grow at our pace and not have to pay large licensing costs for features we would not use for a while.
Scale Computing allowed us to get our two production sites (separated by a couple of miles and connected via MPLS) the ability to be up and running after migration very fast, have a DR Site for each cluster, and the ability to ad-hoc add more CPU/Ram/storage when we needed it.
At the time our IT department was very small (just me), with Scale Computing the cluster and interface made things simple. There was not a cluttered feel like vSphere. Having one support number to call for all issues is great, and Scale's support team is awesome!
- The software used to migrate from physical or virtual to the Scale system is great.
- The support team is great.
- Tailors to the SMB market really well.
- Be faster to make updates for newer MS Operating Systems.
- Easier VMDK support.
- In-house notification system - if my cluster is down so is my Mail Server, so it's not able to send me notifications that my system is down.
- The HCMove migration utilities are top-notch. Really makes migrating to the Scale platform from both physical and virtual systems very easy.
- The portal is extremely user-friendly and makes setting up new machines and maintaining existing machines a cinch.
- Tech support has always been quick and efficient.
- I would like to see Scale get recognition and integration with other utilities at the same level as VMware and Hyper-V. We utilize a Unitrends device for backups, and while it has native support for backing up on VMware and Hyper-V platforms, I lose out on the virtual-aware benefits and have to just backup my Scale virtual servers as if they were physical.
Scale Computing HC3 Scorecard Summary
About Scale Computing HC3
According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:
- Install in less than an hour
- Deploy new VMs in minutes
- Built-in Browser-based Management
- Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
- Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
- Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
- Integrated all-in-one appliance
- Scale-out Architecture
- Mix and match new nodes
- Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
- Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
- No additional licensing required
- Start small and grow as your business grows
- No forklift upgrades
Scale Computing HC3 Integrations
Scale Computing HC3 Competitors
Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.
Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Scale Computing HC3 Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Scale Computing HC3 Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Unix|
|Supported Countries:||North America, EMEA, Australia|