Scale Computing HC3 Reviews

Adam Hassall | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 30, 2018

Honest review of Scale Computing's HC3x

Alternatives Considered

HC3x does everything we need it to do at a fraction of the cost of it's nearest alternative. The cost was around 25% cheaper than the nearest alternative and the setup / configuration was pretty much completed within a couple of hours (including racking it).

I'd previously used Scale Computing's storage only technology and was so impressed by their support team and on-site engineers that I had no hesitation of using their virtualisation technology too.
Read Adam Hassall's full review
Scott Poole | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 19, 2018

Scale helped consolidate our network needs into one solution

Alternatives Considered

We examined a number of virtual solutions (VMware. Microsoft HyperV, Citrix. etc) but none had the ability to incorporate a large SAN and DR cluster in an affordable range or all from one vendor. Our Scale purchase made sense financially and financing over 3 years made it budget friendly!
Read Scott Poole's full review
David Buzzell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2018

Scale - what others are weighed against!

Alternatives Considered

I have evaluated all of the competitors - both at the time of purchase and currently. Each time I do an evaluation, the ROI provided by Scale and their past demonstration of support and great product, reassures the decision to stay with them.

Their forward thinking and providing unique solutions - including cloud replication confirms they are a leader in this market.
Read David Buzzell's full review
Craig Ackerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2018

Scale saved me from a VMware upgrade nightmare!

Alternatives Considered

I hate VMware with all my passion. The expense is way too much! Overly costly and complex, and dependent on MS SQL server? Are you kidding me? That is not acceptable to me. I need to have something I can understand and teach others how to use. I am not going to school to learn how to run a datacenter!
Read Craig Ackerson's full review
Dave Guenther | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2018

Scale delivers manageability and power savings

• Microsoft Hyper V
Scales manageability of virtual computers is what sets it apart. MS Hyper V was efficient and 'easy' as well but had quirks that resulted in many hours of troubleshooting. I have not encountered quirks like this that have lead to downtime with Scale. The GUI of scale feels complete, regardless of it's simplicity. The HyperV interface was simply another program.
Read Dave Guenther's full review
Brenda Hartson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Scale HC3 - It's for me.

Alternatives Considered

Compared to VMware - it's so much easier and simpler to manage. It may not have all the bells and whistles of VMware but we don't need all that. It is also more economical.
Read Brenda Hartson's full review
Albert Smid | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2018

HC3 is a cost effective solution to deploy and operate in a manufacturing environment

Alternatives Considered

We looked at increasing the deployment of VMWare to serve the needs of the company. The license cost and skill level requirements will make a VMWare solution too expensive to deploy and operate. We have not compared the HC3 solution with other Hyperconversion solutions. It was procured based on a couple of demos I witnessed from Scale Computing,
Read Albert Smid's full review
Mark Snead | TrustRadius Reviewer

SCALE WON'T BAIL!

Alternatives Considered

Previously, we used Dell servers with Microsoft Hyper-V to create virtual environments and clusters. This was a HUGH time sync and a maintenance NIGHTMARE. Servers constantly needed updating, the cluster was always causing problems. When a physical server would go offline, it was a total pain to replace and add back to the cluster. The list goes ON and ON and ON! We eventually switched to single box environments and would have a separate "replication" box for emergencies and on top of that ran a separate backup server. The replications were garbage. Half the time they didn't work and 1/4 of the time it said it worked but wouldn't spin up when you needed it. We were in dire need of a reliable solution and Scale has more than provided us with not only a functioning reliable environment but most importantly... PIECE OF MIND.
Read Mark Snead's full review
Bryan Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Reduce Your IT Headache with Scale Computing HC3

Alternatives Considered

We looked into various systems but the one that stood out was a Unitrends backup system and I liked what I saw at the time. But when I discovered Scale Computing HC3, I realized I could get more out of it than Unitrends and at a lower cost. Scale has reduced the number of devices we have had to learn to use and maintain, the number of vendors we have had to use, and reduced the overall cost of our infrastructure.
Read Bryan Watson's full review
Zach Hightower | TrustRadius Reviewer

Scale Computing - Why we ditched VMware and Went to HC3

• VMware
VMware works. But it is not pretty and the licensing is awful. We often had to sit around waiting for VMware's clunky interface to load before we could do anything and it would only work on Windows. VMware's licensing was ok (not great, but ok) at 3 nodes. However, it massively spiked after 3 due to our educational pricing. This is ultimately what made us decide to go to Scale Computing and we have not once regretted it. We are currently sitting on 6 nodes and planning to add 2 more. How much have we had to add on for licensing for additional nodes? Nothing.
Read Zach Hightower's full review
Rick Waring | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2017

Scale review

Alternatives Considered

Back in 2012-2013 we evaluated multiple products, but decided on SCALE because of the overall cost and flexibility of the system. SCALE provided a turn-key system that required minimal dedicated resource commitment from us, and has been a stable component in our environment for us ever since.
Read Rick Waring's full review
Marc-Andre Ciccariello | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2017

Surprise Surprise

Alternatives Considered

I used to work a lot with VmWare in the past from my old workplace. Since I started here I was a bit septic of what ScaleComputing was able to do. And seriously for the price and value its another game from VMWare. Scale is better for a tiny amount compares to Vmware!. Fast, simple, intelligent and the support is AMAZING!.
Read Marc-Andre Ciccariello's full review

About Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing offers edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions for customers around the globe. Scale Computing HC3® software promises to eliminate traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. The vendor says that, using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. The vendor says ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO are key differentiators. The product works for distributed enterprises, global retailers, and SMBs alike.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

• Install in less than an hour
  • Deploy new VMs in minutes
  • Built-in Browser-based Management
  • Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
  • Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
  • Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
  • Integrated all-in-one appliance
  • Scale-out Architecture
  • Mix and match new nodes
  • Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
  • Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
  • No additional licensing required
  • Start small and grow as your business grows
  • No forklift upgrades

Scale Computing HC3 Features

Has featureSimplicity
Has featureHigh Availability
Has featureScalability

Scale Computing HC3 Videos (4)

Scale Computing HC3 Downloadables

Scale Computing HC3 Integrations

Leostream, Cloud Unity - Google

Scale Computing HC3 Competitors

VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, Nutanix AOS, Hyper-V, HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
HC12008,500Per Node
HC1250D15,170Per Node
HC12509,665Per Node
HC1250DF16,750Per Node
HC5250D25,700Per Node

Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.

Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution