Sigma

Sigma Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Jordan Seib | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have definitely benefitted from this. We have a similar system to a dev team where we have production space and working space. Allowing us to restrict who can touch what in which workspace really helps us stick to our process. Having private workspaces allows me to play with new ideas, test theories, and build reports to bring to my team without clogging up our working space with half-baked ideas.
December 25, 2020

Sigma review

Very helpful to be able to share your data with other users. Once I created the report that I needed, I wanted to share it with certain people within our team and management. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to share it. The only thing, the other user also needed editor permissions to be able to play with the data I shared.
There are several topics that are being tracked across multiple teams in our company, and it has been very useful to create shared workspaces. I have used this capability quite a bit to leverage the work done by others. I really like how I can copy documents that others have created, and then put it in my own workspace and customize it.
This has been greatly appreciated as different teams have their own folders in sigma so there is never any confusion on who's worksheet is who's. Also it ensures we're not always asking for worksheets to be duplicated or remade because we cannot find them - each worksheet will live in the individual team's own folder.
September 29, 2020

Review of Sigma Computing

John Nham, CPA, CFE | TrustRadius Reviewer
The great thing about Sigma is that it allows us to publish our reports across the organization. Team members can also create their own workspace or work in the group's workspace to add and edit reports. Prior to Sigma, we used to share Excel reports back and forth and it was difficult to maintain version control.
I've personally seen a benefit from the two workspaces: 'individual' allows me to sandbox new analysis/reporting structures, and the ability to instantaneously publish this to a shared folder (which is limited to any/all that have access to the folder), is fantastic. Furthermore, the ease of creating dashboards and sharing them as quick executive summaries cannot be overlooked.
October 02, 2020

So far, happy!

This feature made it easy for the Mintel Futures team and the Mintel Consultancy team to work together in the same data and make changes in (almost) real-time. Separately, I know that the futures team specifically benefits from this. I do expect it to role out to the larger team eventually which would be so beneficial to any employee who touches GNPD data.
September 30, 2020

Sigma is Excel on Steroids

Yes, we have. Multiple people were able to put together their thoughts and share what they thought was important about the data. Combining multiple thoughts got us a more complete understanding of the data.
Peter Jaffe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Collaborating and sharing worksheets, both within teams and across teams, is a common use case at Teachable. When we first started using Sigma, the sharing features were a little shaky, but the team at Sigma has made some significant improvements, and users are now easily able to share worksheets with individuals and teams.
Nicholas Monje | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is probably the biggest single gap to me, is that a sheet, while anybody can view it or duplicate it, can't be modified by another user, which means that anything I have embedded in a dashboard, for example, can only be modified by me. I understand this is a very hard problem and realistically I probably would be the only one modifying my own dashboards and analytics most of the time, but occasionally we'll build reports for the finance team for audit purposes and me letting the finance team modify the fields I've provided them easily themselves would be handy. This is something I probably won't do that often, realistically, but definitely want.

On the flip side, though, the ability to make a sheet viewable by everyone, including those outside my organization, is really powerful and something we've only begun to really leverage but believe will really be powerful for us as a platform - creating custom, unmodifiable, live reports for our clients is a huge opportunity for us.
May 14, 2020

BI for all

Dimitri Strutt | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have only been with Sigma for a few months and are still assessing to what extent it is to be used internally. We are looking at using Teams to allows clients to access dashboards and have set some authors to have the ability to create dashboards themselves. We'd control the data source and partners or clients would exploit the data themselves. We're still thinking about our offer to our client base and how to best use the Snowflake data sharing option with Sigma.
I really enjoy the ease of being able to view and edit my coworkers' worksheets and dashboards. I wish there was an easier way to notify them to grant me access though. Currently I have to ping them separately since there is no "request" button which creates an added step.

Sigma Scorecard Summary

BI Standard Reporting (3)
Pixel Perfect reports (32)
6.3
Customizable dashboards (58)
Report Formatting Templates (48)
Ad-hoc Reporting (4)
Drill-down analysis (56)
Formatting capabilities (60)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (5)
Report sharing and collaboration (58)
Report Output and Scheduling (5)
Publish to Web (39)
Publish to PDF (46)
Report Versioning (39)
6.6
Report Delivery Scheduling (46)
Delivery to Remote Servers (21)
6.3
Data Discovery and Visualization (3)
6.6
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (54)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (26)
6.5
Predictive Analytics (18)
6.1

What is Sigma?

Sigma is modern analytics built for the cloud. Used by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using a spreadsheet interface designed to empower business experts to ask more questions without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, the vendor states business users gain the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits.

Sigma Features

Data Discovery and Visualization Features

• Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)

BI Standard Reporting Features