- Once the data model(s) and formulas are set up, it's easy to get designers up to speed and creating their own dashboards quickly.
- Excellent integration into web portals and white labeling.
- The ability to add in third party/custom plug-ins, as well as community support for the plug-ins, makes Sisense very flexible and powerful.
- Admins can't view all user dashboards - they must be shared by the user first.
- Some settings can't have their default changed, forcing them to be set manually for each new dashboard.
- Sorting abilities are limited to what's visible, with no ability to sort one column or labels based on the value in a non-displayed column.
Beyond simply presenting and extracting data, we have implemented interactive dashboards which visualize, but more importantly, analyze and correlate data to track performance and inform decision making. Sisense is a product that simplifies analytics for complex data by letting us prepare and analyze both big and disparate datasets. Sisense handles data preparation for analysis as well as dashboard visualization.
We are using it primarily to track and inform the performance of our employees across the entire university fundraising group.
- It really does a great job handling very large data sets and mashes up various sources into a cohesive form.
- It is very easy to go from raw data to a dashboard in no time flat.
- The performance for the cost is great.
- Visualizations could be more flexible especially in regard to labels.
- Exporting reports continues to evolve and can use some improvements as it relates to exporting spreadsheets in particular.
- Mobile accessibility is still in the developing stages.
- In particular, the ability to easily model data within the Sisense ElastiCube, re-build the data and see the changes reflected within our dashboards is great.
- SiSense's ability to make short work of large data sets to answer questions is impressive.
- Sisense allows you to easily pull data from multiple sources. If you have data, it can use it.
- The filtering and formula capabilities within Sisense are strong.
- Being so powerful, the ElastiCube must be carefully built especially with larger data sets - too many connections or the wrong ones between tables can lead to queries that eat up all system resources, requiring a reboot and disrupting the production environment.
- Sisense is very customizable and flexible, but sometimes it is surprising that some simpler features are not available; for example, you cannot change up or control your font size/color or other presentation elements at all without scripting.
- Emailing dashboards is very limited, particularly with larger widgets (like pivot tables). Furthermore the email scheduling doesn't allow you to choose a specific schedule or certain recipients.
- Sisense owns the implementation by assigning a customer success manager that has the power to assign resources as needed to help you accomplish your goals.
- The GUI (both front-end and back-end) is very intuitive and user-friendly, which allows the company to adopt it quickly and allows the administrators to focus on the layout and usage of the dashboards.
- The technical support team and professional services team are both very knowledgeable and helpful.
- The onboarding process that you start with misses the mark. The concept is for you to start slowly and build over time, which can be a challenge if you are a technical person and want to move rather quickly.
- The exporting feature could use some improvement. There are four total options for getting the data out of the browser to be able to share, but there are no templates that allow administrators to have control of the output of the exports.
- Great at mashing up data from multiple different data sources.
- Easy deployment, ETL process, Dashboard or Report preparation and distribution to end users.
- Very low hardware usage so you probably wont need to invest huge money on new servers.
- JS Extensions engine which allows to create really powerful tailored features.
- Plug-ins in ETL tool are powerful, but configuration could be a little easier. Also JS extension in PRISM Web is powerful but could be a little more clear how to use.
- Need to catch up with several common features for BI platform.
- The user interface for creating dashboards is very user friendly.
- The user interface for creating dashboards has a pleasant design.
- The performance of analysis on large datasets is excellent.
- Basic analytic cubes are easy to develop.
- Sisense support is excellent. Replies are fast and support personel have the required knowledge and experience.
- Upgrades have been deployed easily and without problems, up till now .
- The development and maintenance of complex and generic analytic cubes could be improved.
- Export of data and visualisations to pdf and csv is possible. However the functionality is basic and limited.
- Very limited trellis functionality
- Cube field names cannot be changed without impacting the dashboards. Impact analysis is not available in standard software package.
- Cannot rebuild cubes without making cube inaccessible during rebuild period.
- Intuitive GUI.
- Integrate many different types of data sources.
- Quick dashboard results.
- Less reliant on IT support; we were under the impression we would not need to have a developer but it is necessary for back end connections.
- Sisense professional services is particularly responsive and helpful for the numerous complexities you can throw at it.
- Flexibility. The product is very elastic, allowing areas to be custom built, embedded or modified as fast as one can think of the need
- Easy to assign data playgrounds to more savvy internal consumers of the product. Gives advanced general users easy ability to build their own dashboards or metrics.
- Handles vast amounts of data seamlessly. Use cases involve over a billion records, regularly, and it is handled with ease across multiple platforms. To be clear, however, we also spec machines to SiSense recommendations, as well, but we would do that with any company. Basically, SiSense hassles us and the companies we use it for, the least of any product we have ever used. At first we were skeptical, but became a believer after continued use and practice.
- Short lead time to advance use. Within 6 months, BI Devs will be pretty advanced. Within 1yr, they will be completely thrilled, within 2yrs you will be giving SiSense Ideas
- SiSense reacts to issues we have found immediately, and many times implemented ideas under new versions. They are VERY good about listening. Any company that acts like their product is problem free is lying. SiSense gets to it straight away and asks for feedback and in return, tracks and acts on it.
- Great at mashing up data from multiple different data sources.
- JS Extensions engine which allows to create really powerful tailored features
- Plugins in ETL tool are powerful, but configuration could be a little easier.
Areas perhaps not as fitting for use? Pixel perfect and report writing tools could be more robust. Depending on specificity of client need, we will resort to tools like Telerik or SSRS depending on set up (i.e.- cloud or premise). Another area is mobile. While we saw huge leaps forward at the end of 2015 and early 2016 in mobile, we would like to see a more flexible mobile experience. Real-estate on mobile is always a concern, so it's understood why some of the early releases are essentially wire framing the web version.
- Easy integration and mash up between various data sources is brilliant. You have to be careful about your data before you start mashing us the data but then the results are beautiful
- Another feature I really like about elasticube is that you could make your own colums within the database in sisense using SQL commands
- While loading elasticube sometimes it would display error or entire elasticube may not load properly.. Some bug fixes and refreshing solves the issue
- Predictive pattern for the graphs could be a great add on feature
- Managing data such that there is a single source of truth
- Processing large quantities of data
- Connecting to many different data sources
- Building dashboards is very mouse-heavy and often a slow process
- Provide more training upfront so companies use best practices from the start
- Types of visualizations should be improved to look better and have more functionality & flexibility
•Get better insight into the data we already have
•Automate time consuming and labor intensive reports
•Eliminate error prone reporting, multiple spreadsheets, no audit trails etc…
•Create a centralized data warehouse and portal for all levels of the company.
•More time in analysis state than data collection
•Clear business driven BI Dashboards to allow executive level management to make clear
SiSense is being used across our organization to help manage agent performance and maintain important KPI's
- Ability to snapshot critical data that shows us the lifecycle of a customer and make intelligent predictions that drive change to our business model.
- Direct access and visibility into real-time performance metrics for coaching and performance improvement.
- Unified single source of truth for metrics company wide
- Central web portal for all data
- Email notification when new dashboards are created
- Web UI for BI Studio so it can be used across multiple OS
- East/West Coast US Support Hours
- Deployment and Migration is very easy.
- Ease of use.
- Development time taken is minimal.
- Only inner joins are possible currently in their elasticube. It would've be easier to perform left and right joins through UI instead of writing SQL.
- Since I use this product for the Indian market, Lakhs, Crores are currently not supported.
We're using Sisense as our centralized source for reporting across the organization. It's being used across all departments and is offered worldwide to employees across 40 locations.
Our main reason for searching for a BI tool was having one centralized source of reports across the organization. Some of the others benefits were:
- Drill deeper into the data. We have a lot of reports that present KPI's at a high level and we needed to provide management the ability to drill deeper into numbers to understand the underlying details behind each one.
- Create reports quickly on the fly.
- Aggregate multiple data sources into one report/dashboard.
- We really like the interface, the flexibility, ease of use in creating reports and dashboards and most of all the ability to drill down deeper into the data.
- The sales process was also very smooth and transparent. Dealing with the people at Sisense was very easy and a great experience overall.
- After we signed the contract and during the implementation Sisnse offered a lot of support and made sure we're getting value from their tool. We were up and running in a very short time frame.
- We currently didn't run across any issues.The graphic aspect can be slightly improved but does the job for us now as well.
- Elasticube technology simple to use - extremely flexible and easy to use. You have many built in plugins to connect to multiple sources of data and the ability to build an API connector if needed.
- Short Development time - build comprehensive dashboards on the fly and push changes instantly to the web
- Customer service - big strength here. They have a very responsive support staff that will help you figure out any issue. I have them all on Skype if that tells you how accessible they are.
- Discrepancies between what you see in the designer and how it is displayed on the web. It does not look as polished when published. Fortunately I have been already shown a sneak peek into the upcoming v5 and they moved the designer completely to the web.
- Documentation on how to accomplish some things is sometimes left to much to the interpretation of the user. I would like to see a more comprehensive guide in different areas such as their API designer and some of their SQL design pieces.
- Some stability issues within the prism web environment. Not sure if this is something at fault on my end or theirs.
- Prism is unparalleled in its ability to uncover, highlight and explore complex relational database components.
- The Elasticube feature, and its accompanying T-SQL expression builder, allows the user to create a suite of highly customizable and efficient query tools to tackle virtually any analysis.
- With its ability to simultaneously query multiple databases Prism brings real industrial strength analytics to the ordinary non-IT professional.
- I'd like to see more styles of charts, graphs and visualization tools generally. Specifically more detailed 3-D, contour and other specialty multi-axis surface type charts .
- Creating custom expressions in the Elasticube code window can be a bit tricky if you're not already familiar with T-SQL or its variants.
- As an evolving product, I found that the User's Guide could be improved.
Make sure your computer has the physical goods to get the most from the software. I recommend a 64 bit version of Windows and at least 6 gigs of RAM as a good starting point.
I haven't had to use their Customer Service for technical help recently, but I have had nothing but positive experiences to date.
- Fast data layer. It can reside entirely on the Elastic Cube side and/or datasource driven. The former helps crafting reports in quite a restricted mode and still being able to format data.
- Connects to a wealth of data sources. With SiSense installing third party drivers typically is unnecessary as most of the connectivity options come "out of the box".
- SiSense needs more functions added to the Elastic Cube formula (expression) editor to cover more basic SQL operations.
- The ability to define left/right joins should be available at the Elastic Cube level.
- Requires a modern browser which may not be always available in large corporate environments.
- It is fast to setup, develop, and deploy.
- It requires no tuning to handle large amounts of data.
- it is easy to maintain and has low software license and hardware costs
- Elastic Cube makes it easy to maintain consistency in data relationship / data definition across all reports,
- The dashboard builder could construct complicated dashboards from the data model with lowest granularity level (minimal or none data aggregation before loading data to SiSense ).
- SiSense doesn't have a comprehensive data permission authorization capability. It could be difficult to manage the data access permissions for an organization with a large hierarchy structure or for complex authorization requirements.
- SiSense does not support merging two dimensions on-the-fly when building reports in BI Studio (the report development tool in SiSense). For example, there were a user table and a revenue table in the ElastiCube. To show user growth and revenue growth in one chart, I can not build the chart directly. Instead, firstly, I needed to bridge two date dimensions, the user sign-up date and the revenue date, from the two tables in ElastiCube Manager ( the cube management tool in SiSense). Secondly, I used the bridged date dimension to build the chart in BI studio. This leads to a complicated data model and the reduced flexibility in ElastiCube.
- ElastiCube does not support outer-join tables when modeling data. Though it's always feasible to build reports that have outer-join logic, some minor work-around is required.
SiSense is a great for
- The data cube feature of SiSense is extremely powerful. It allows you to integrate with many different data providing systems. For the application we used it for, we had to use an ODBC driver to interface with an Allen-Bradley data collection system. SiSense was able to handle that data exchange very well.
- The visual front end of the SiSense reports is very sharp looking. The reporting and monitoring screens look very clean and professional. You can pretty much match any GUI you are using on the customer's manufacturing floor. In the application we deployed SiSense for, we were able to seamlessly match the Wonderware HMI screens and then run SiSense on an external monitor so that it looked like the SiSense data monitoring screens were part of the HMI.
- SiSense is easy to learn. When we were trying to decide if we wanted to purchase the license, we were able to download a trial version of the product to get a feel for it. SiSense also setup a webinar for us and walked us through a typical setup. It was very helpful.
- One area that was not exactly perfect for us in terms of SiSense was the licensing system. It was very expensive, and the license was not a lifetime purchase. Their license has to be renewed yearly.
- SiSense does a great job making the reports look awesome. However, what if the customer wants plain/jane reports? I wish there was a "simple" mode or something similar for a functional but clean and simple report interface.
- SiSense's tech support was adequate, but I would only give it a 6.5 out of 10. They were not able to answer our data cube problem. We found the solution on our own and copied them on it.
- Great value for the cost from a BI standpoint.
- The Elasticube is pretty intuitive in terms of adding data sources and cleansing/joining them.
- The BI studio has many different report building features, allowing you to customize each clients dashboards to their needs.
- The web version of the dashboards doesn't have the full functionality that the BI studio does, which can cause some issues
- The elasticube's can sometimes be finicky and have failure to build errors which can cause headaches. This is primarily due to all of the different APIs that they try to maintain, but I'd like for their to be an easier way to pinpoint why the error occurred to remedy it versus a lot of manual investigation.
- Ease of use.
- Great interface.
- Very customizable.
- Slow when dealing with a ton of data and the schema is column-agnostic.
- Buggy when too much customization is implemented.
- Not the biggest range of report types.
- Bring together data from multiple data sources (mysql databases, google spreadsheets, google analytics, web analytics tools) to form a single source of truth.
- Dashboarding - various sales/metric dashboards are displayed around the office on large plasma screens. Individual users also have access to the dashboards.
- Adhoc reporting - we also use Sisense to perform adhoc reporting and do data extractions across different sources
The product is used across multiple departments from the CEO's office, through to marketing and accounting.
The product has a long way to establish a single source of truth for our sales data, but to also allow for the quick and timely extraction and presentation of data in dashboards which was previously done in a very laborious way.
- Easy to generate dashboards
- Easy to link up your different data sources (drag and drop)
- Pleasing UI
- Professional and responsive customer support
- Smooth integration (hosted solution was seamless)
- Cost effective
- Would like to see conditional alert feature - ie if a value
- Manual builds of the Elasticube (back end) can sometimes take a long time, for unknown reasons
- Better mobile integration/UX
- Can't print to PDF (yet)
- Prism is a reliable and stable environment when you know to use it.
- It is fairly simple and straightforward.
- The structure and thought process design is consistent.
- The correction mode makes things confusing.
- You have to hit every screen to get updates done.
- It can be very time consuming and frustrating when you have to edit or delete items in mass.
Sisense Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
|SAP Connector||Per User per Month|
Sisense Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Sisense Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|