Reviews (1-3 of 3)
- Design of your community through the admin panel is very easy to pick up. Drag and drop functionality on the site admin allows you to make quick changes to your community on the fly. Easy to modify the look and feel of the site and keep pace with the changing needs of our membership.
- The platform is updated on an ongoing basis with new exciting functionality added with each release.
- The mobile version of the platform is very easy to use and looks great on all devices and operating systems.
- Feedback on enhancements to the platform are taken very seriously and often suggestions from customers end up on the roadmap for the platform for future enhancements.
- Integration with our Association Management System (AMS) didn't go as smoothly as I had wished. Having said that all of the issues with that integration have been addressed.
- Because the platform is updated so frequently you need to stay on top of what is available to you and your end users or you may miss out on key functionality releases.
- A flexible, configurable platform that can be managed and updated without a requirement for technical skills.
- Drag and drop, point and click update site administration.
- A platform that is updated frequently with new features and capabilities (about once a month).
- A broad, comprehensive feature set.
- A platform that works in multiple languages.
- Consulting before and during development phase. Ongoing consulting and strategic planning after product launch.
- Product roadmapping is clear and well thought out. Good communication about what is coming and how it can be used in our community.
- Senior management is very accessible and knowledgeable about the product and the industry. Attends and contributes to strategy conversations.
- Not much to say in this section. Anything that the product doesn't currently do is quickly identified and prioritized appropriately on their road map.
- Chat room functionality doesn't exist yet, but has been placed on roadmap.
- Instant messaging between users doesn't exist yet, but is roadmapped.
- We're unable to run a couple of specific reports, based on what's available in the reporting tool. There's a workaround that our community administrator can perform that is a little more time consuming.
support and services team that works collaboratively with us to make
sure we are always getting what we need. They provide
24x7 emergency support, online ticket support, email support, a client
community, and the ability to call and talk to the same account manager or
community consultant every time (I even have Mariano's skype and he replies on weekends!). They recently launched a client community - so they are now even practicing what they preach. Our questions in the client community are always answered quickly.
- It's easy to use. The admin panel has a number of drag and drop options to modify the experience
- Flexibility. There are a large number of standard block features that can be added to areas. In addition, each dynamic block as a number of settings that allow you to tailor the experience you want to create. You can do this without being a programmer.
- Personalization. There are good tools that allow you to personalize the experience based on whether users are logged in or not, whether they are in particular segments (which we can create) or recommendations based on information the user has provided about themselves.
- Mobile. Small World Labs has a really great way of doing mobile. They give you a drag and drop interface for designing the mobile environment so there is a lot of flexibility with this. We are currently turning this module on.
- If I were to nitpick, I'd say that you have to pay attention. Small World Labs adds new features monthly so you need to keep up to speed with what is available or you won't add something you have access to. I get updates on new features and can read about them in their client community, but you do need to pay attention.
Small World Labs Scorecard Summary
About Small World Labs
Small World Labs Community is a hosted collaboration and social networking platform with easy drag & drop modification capabilities. Small World Labs offers implementation and community engagement services, plus an open API for integration with other systems. Small World Labs has clients across industries, but a high concentration in the nonprofit area.
Small World Labs was acquired by Personify Corp in 2016.
Small World Labs Competitors
Small World Labs Technical Details