Score 9.0 out of 10

What is GlobalSearch?

GlobalSearch is a document management software offering from Square 9. It includes features such as anywhere access to your documents and full feature editing.

Smartsearch Document Management

April 19, 2014
It is a tool for us to save candidate information such as references, work samples, employment documentation electronically as well as …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GlobalSearch, and make your voice heard!

What is Laserfiche?

Laserfiche has two main editions: Rio and Avante: Laserfiche Rio is designed to meet the needs of large organizations that have more than 100 users. It combines content management functionality with business process management (BPM), security and auditing, unlimited servers and a thin-client…

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals available with a one-time purchase with no subscription fees. It has a built-in eSignature integration with Kofax SignDoc for a complete end-to-end document lifecycle workflow.Benefits to Power PDF users: Ease of Use:…

Product Demos

GlobalSearch® Demonstration
16:13

What is GlobalSearch?

GlobalSearch (replacing the former SmartSearch) is an enterprise content management system that is offered as both a departmental and enterprise class document management solution that is designed to allow organizations to easily scale to their document management software needs.

The vendor says that the flexible nature of GlobalSearch makes it ideal for paper-intensive businesses such as law offices, physician practices, accounting firms, trucking companies, and mortgage and title companies that are looking for a cost-effective way to eliminate their paper-based filing systems.

GlobalSearch comes pre-packaged with KeyFree Indexing, the vendor’s tool for OCR-assisted data entry as well as Data XChange for internal ODBC data updates. DataMerge services are also available for ODBC and OLEDB type connections with external data sources. Both tools allow end-users to quickly and easily scan and index documents with reduced data entry requirements. According to the vendor, the comprehensive nature of the software makes GlobalSearch the best document management solution for many companies around the country.

GlobalSearch Video

GlobalSearch: Intro to ECM

GlobalSearch Technical Details

Reviewers rate Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 8.1.

The most common users of GlobalSearch are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

I use GlobalSearch in my role in accounting. All payments, plus attached invoices/documentation, are scanned and searchable. Currently I am the only one in the organization using this platform. This makes searching and researching invoices/payments so much easier. Prior to using this software, invoices/payments were manually filed. This has eliminated the need for manual filing and has streamlined this position.
  • Saves an huge amount of time.
  • Organizes my files.
  • Easily searchable and retrievable.
  • GlobalSearch works perfectly for what I need it to.
I use GlobalSearch very basically. I know that the capability for more exists. But I am satisfied with what I get out of it. My organization is very paper driven. Our personnel records are still paper. We still use paper time cards. I feel like I am leaps and bounds over a very-slow-to-grow (administratively) organization.
  • Increased productivity.
  • Greater, faster access to documents.
  • Able to manage the business at hand, not paper.
I did not comparison shop. It was offered by a very trustworthy local business that we were currently doing business with. I was presented with the software, and bought it without hesitation. No regrets.
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), Microsoft Dynamics GP
March 18, 2021

GlobalSearch works!

We use GlobalSearch for our document management and invoice approval process. It is used by each of our departments to approve purchases, leading to accounts payable payments, and utilizing the workflow features, moves the document to the next approver and back to Accounting when complete. This software makes creating workflow approvals simple and easy to accomplish. I also find it easy to work with as the internal admin.
  • With little training, I'm able to offer all support for this product as an internal admin.
  • Users require very little training to understand the approval process.
  • Moving to electronic document management takes so much less paper, less confusion, and no more walking documents around the building.
  • Great support is always available when needed.
  • GlobalSearch is easy to use, but it does take a level of training to be able to create workflows, groups, and set up security. I created a template to stay consistent.
  • I know there are some ERP integrations that our Accounting department would like to have more of that aren't built in.
  • There may already be a cloud based version of this application, but for now, we have it installed on our server. That causes an extra step for remote users to access the software.
  • I don't have many complaints about this software, as it works well for our purposes.
I think GlobalSearch is a great product for electronic document storage, and I would absolutely recommend it. I would have to add the caveat that I have only ever used GlobalSearch for EDS and document workflows, so I don't have a great record for product comparisons.
  • It has had a positive ROI on our organization.
  • Users and admins alike appreciate this software.
  • Pricing is fair for this product.
I haven't used or compared to other products.
BJ Lillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
GlobalSearch is being used across the organization primarily for scan/store/retrieve of documents. It allows us to control access to documents far better than we ever could with physical documents, back them up for DR purposes, and control the workflow process of certain documents as they move through our organization. It makes our employees more efficient at finding documents so they can retrieve information when it suits them and streamlines our document-centric workflows.
  • The most important part of a document management system is the search portion. That's where your every day users will find the most value value. GlobalSearch does this very well with their defined Searches. Users run searches that have been set up by administrators for them for their particular situation and can quickly get the documents they need.
  • The GlobalAction workflow engine that accompanies GlobalSearch is very powerful. It allows for complex, conditional workflows which should satisfy the needs of just about any organization.
  • Capture, the part of document management systems that are pretty much wasted time, is made just about as efficient as possible with GlobalCapture. It supports template based OCR, database lookup into other systems in the organization for populating additional information, and even semi-structured document capture which can be a huge money saver.
  • The permissions are straightforward and simple to set up and the audit log can be very useful for seeing the who, what, and when of documents.
  • The web based interface needs some work. The search results have a preview view of the document. This could be helpful in some situations, but should be an option that can be chosen. Data XChange and Image XChange need to also work in the web interface for it to be viable for many organizations.
  • A queue showing users all of their documents waiting for them to work on would also be extremely useful.
GlobalSearch is a great for SMBs looking for a powerful tool to store and retrieve their documents, automate document-centric workflows, have more efficient document capture processes, or image enable their existing business applications without getting slammed by the high cost of image plugins for most line of business systems. It's easy for your users to learn, stable once deployed, and their support is quick and competent.
  • We have much more efficient document processes. While putting the software in, we were forced to review how each document flowed through the organization and what the process should be. That helped not only from the perspective of have a tool to automate the monotonous steps, but helped us as an organization more strictly define our processes and standards.
  • We are far more prepared for a flood, fire, etc... now that are documents are electronic and backed up off site.