Spiceworks Reviews

Barrett Ford | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Spiceworks is a great free option

Support Rating

We have not had to contact anyone for support but when we have questions the community has been very helpful. So I would say it's pretty darn good being we have not had to directly contact the company.
Read Barrett Ford's full review
Sam Othman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

Great Free Product

Support Rating

We have actually never used the support. We installed it on-prem and managed it on our own. I do like the Spiceworks Community which I use all the time to research and find fixes for other problems (not Spiceworks related). Spiceworks just seems to work, without any issues so luckily I have not needed to reach out to support.
Read Sam Othman's full review
February 19, 2020

Spiceworks tool for inventory auditing of hardware and software

Support Rating

Spiceworks has been working out of the box, and some of the basic customizations have been successful with just our internal staff handling. We don't have any other issues with the tool. It provides us with the inventory information we want in a quick and concise report in a variety of formats for our team.
January 22, 2020

Spiceworks is an awesome community with great tools and features.

Support Rating

The Spiceworks team is very responsive and caring to your needs. Both the Spiceworks team and all of the community professional members are at your disposal to get help when you need it. It is their mission to help others be able to do their jobs better than they could on their own.
BART HUNTER | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 04, 2019

Hey Security Practitioners! Here is the perfect free tool to install for performing a risk analysis on your network!

Support Rating

Because Spiceworks is an easy install, I did not have to reach out to support at all. Any time I need assistance or a question I would just browse their website and get the answers I needed. For instance, the problem with system resources is available on their website and instructions on how to resolve the issue.
Read BART HUNTER's full review
Cesare Arienti | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2019

The good way to assess your enviroment

Support Rating

I didn't have a direct support contact, but the KB was very helpful and well explained. There's also a periodic mailing list that advise you of new interesting updates and 0-days. The official forum is full of custom users script that you can use and adapt for your deployment, this is fantastic!
Read Cesare Arienti's full review
October 23, 2019

Spiceworks for Spiceheads

Support Rating

While I have not had any occasion to seek support, the KB articles and Spiceworks stories give a lot of insight on the types of issues that other Spiceheads experience. On occasion, I have had the opportunity to participate in podcasts organized on a variety of subjects, which are very welcome especially the ones on IT security.
October 22, 2019

The best software that I didn't have to open a helpdesk ticket to get to work

Support Rating

I like Spiceworks but they have no Phone support that I know of and everything is through email. I have had some downtime in the past and trying to work through email can be tedious. I think if you pay for support that you can gain access to phone support but I wouldn't use it enough to justify it. But I bet a larger install at a larger company would make sense.
December 05, 2019

Free can be better!

Support Rating

I haven't utilized their customer service. I'm honestly not sure if they have one.
Brian Knott | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 15, 2015

SPICEWORKS is Great for Hardware Asset Management

Support Rating

Spiceworks has always stood up to what it says it will do. I never had an issue and always have tools I need right at my fingertips. I would recommend this product to anyone in IT that is looking to have a central place of data of the devices on their network.
Read Brian Knott's full review

Organize and prioritize service tickets (36)
Expert directory (31)
Subscription-based notifications (27)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (29)
Ticket creation and submission (36)
Ticket response (35)
9.2
External knowledge base (34)
9.2
Internal knowledge base (31)
Customer portal (30)
IVR (7)
Social integration (18)
Email support (29)
Help Desk CRM integration (19)

About Spiceworks

Spiceworks offers a set of free tools for IT network management and help desk support ticketing. The inventory management system essentially provides comprehensive device information for asset management. The Spiceworks Network Monitor provides information on observed IT for problem tracking and server performance monitoring. And finally, the Spiceworks Help Desk Software lets IT personnel stay on top of issues across the network with a ticketing system. Help desk roles with role-based permissions and notifications allow tasks to be allocated across team members. If the user wishes to host Spiceworks apps and tools locally, then they are free. For cloud-based service, Spiceworks bills $12 per IT user per month, or $10 monthly per user if paid annually.

Spiceworks was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas, also with a European headquarters in London (since 2012), and is generously backed by multiple investors, most notably Goldman Sachs.

Spiceworks Competitors