Daily Splashtop User

Simple, Easy, Fast.

Screen sharing (37)

9.4

Over-the-Internet remote session (42)

9.4

File transfer (39)

Multi-platform remote control (33)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Splashtop, and make your voice heard!

Business Access

SOS

SOS+10

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.splashtop.com/pricing

Remote Administration

What is Splashtop?

Splashtop is a remote support software solution for IT, support teams, and help desks that enables users to securely connect on-demand to users’ computers and mobile devices with a simple session code or with unattended anytime access.

There are four packages to choose from – Splashtop Business Access, Splashtop SOS, Splashtop Remote Support, and Splashtop Enterprise.

Splashtop Enterprise features include

- On-demand support access to Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android

- Unattended anytime access to Windows, Mac, and Linux computers in SOS+10 and Unlimited

- Screen sharing for collaboration

- Remotely view iOS screens in real-time

- File transfer

• Supported: Centralized management dashboard
  • Supported: Session record
  • Supported: Multi-platform remote control

Splashtop Screenshots

Customer downloads and runs the SOS app and gives the one-time access code to the technicianTechnician enters the code to access the customer's computer to live view and control their screen

Splashtop Video

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac, Chrome OS
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, German, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese (Simplified)

What is Splashtop's best feature?

Reviewers rate Remote management of servers & workstations highest, with a score of 9.6.

Who uses Splashtop?

The most common users of Splashtop are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

I have a number of clients whose Access databases I support. With a few occasional exceptions, support is provided remotely. There are a number of reasons why I continue to use Splashtop for this purpose. 1. Installing on a user's pc is quite easy, either by me when I am at the user's location or most often when I send the user a Splashtop package which is created on the Splashtop web site and e-mailed to the user to install. 2. The desktop version allows me to group the users' computers, which I do by company, making a specific user easy to find and connect to. 3. The software bar that appears at the top of the screen when I am connected to the user's pc makes many of my support tasks readily accessible. These tasks include (1) switching user screens, (2) transferring files, (3) rebooting the user's pc, (4) sharing my desktop, and (5) disconnecting from the user's pc. 4. The user has full control over when I can access a pc. Splashtop Streamer must be running on the pc or I cannot access it. I have used other software in the past for this purpose, but Splashtop remains my #1 choice for providing remote pc support.
  • See my review where I list these items.
  • The Splashtop screen that shows the list of installed pc's also indicates whether or not Splashtop Streamer is currently running on each pc or if I must contact the user first to initiate the remote session.
  • The Group function allows each and every group to be contracted which makes locating a specific company and user very simple as compared to a long list of individual ungrouped pc's.
  • As I indicated in my review write-up, this package is creme de la creme of remote support packages.
  • Although I can refresh the list of installed pc's via a menu choice, it would be nice to have the option for the list to refresh automatically after a user-selected time period.
Splashtop is well-suited for supporting multiple pc's at one or more client locations.
I have not tested it as a support tool for remote servers, which would require higher levels of authentication before allowing access to that server.

I have never needed to contact Splashtop support.
We are using it to allow technical support to help other users within all the company located in the same but wide facility. It also allows us to install software on remote computers. This is a very huge time saver because we don't have to move from the IT desk to all other desks within the company.
  • File exchange
  • Remote access
  • Computer management in different groups
  • Some time, lost of connection but perhaps it's due to the connection itself...
Splashtop is well suited when we need to send files to the remote computer. Sending files is very fast. A nice job also for the chat which allows us to talk with users directly. Another point is working on a remote computer with several screens, this work very, very well. Splashtop is less appropriate to start a computer remotely, but I think that it's due to BIOS or BIOS parameters.
It's very easy. A simple click on the computer in Splashtop Business and the connection is done. We can also start a chat with people connected to a remote computer to ask them if we can take control of the computer. A great tool also is file transfer. With it, we can, for example, send an install, then take control of the computer and install the software.
Andrés Fernández | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to do home office by the remote desktop.
  • It is fast
  • Excellent support
  • It is cheaper than other software with same functions
  • When working with 2 screens, to move a window from a screen to the other you have to drop it and then maximize it at 2 steps.
  • The upper tool bar can be minimized but not moved. Sometimes that bothers
  • The clipboard do not allow to copy images to remote computer, only text
It is a good remote desktop software for any company or person that works with multiple screens. I would not recommend it to someone who uses only one screen because there are other softwares that do that for free very well.
It is very easy. They replied within 24 hrs always and they are always willing to solve any question. It is one of the best support service I have experienced.
I am using Splashtop SOS for my individual clients and I have my clients with multiple computers using Splashtop Business and then giving my team access. A very flexible solution, providing just enough functionality at a reasonable price. Using this setup, my clients can get to their desktops remotely and I can log in to assist them with neither of us being in the office. Also, I do not have to pay extra for each client, as long as I have a single license, I can connect to any of my client's machines.
  • Remote access with file transfer and chat
  • SOS for on-demand remote access of PC, Mac, Android and iOS
  • Security and notifications when changes are made or a new device is used
  • Figuring out the combinations of plans when using both Business and SOS was not easy
I have not found any product better for simple remote access for under 50 PCs. I have not tried it for larger groups as that is not my focus.
Never a problem, I always get a response within 24 hours by email. Immediate response or within a few hours by phone.
June 27, 2022

Splashtop review

Robert Oettl | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are just a small company. One person uses access to the server from different locations.
  • quick access
  • always works without issues
  • cost less than comparable providers
  • better help at the beginning
  • email support should answer questions
  • I'm not able to listen the answering machine on the remote computer
After onboarding (can be improved) the access to the remote computer is always very quick and reliable. What I'm missing is help on how I can listen my answering machine. The support team should answer specific questions from my experience.
To connect is not the issue. The Issue is to get the answer from the support team.
Splashtop has been a game-changer for me. I have tried others, like TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Dameview, etc., and Splashtop is the easiest and most reliable I've ever used. The price point is much more affordable than the others, and it works better. I am a HUGE fan of Splashtop and use it every day. I use it from my iPhone as well when I need to connect to my computers remotely and have never had any issues. I LOVE IT!
  • Quick reliable connections.
  • SOS Remote Support is amazing, easy to use, and has saved me several times already.
  • It's so simple to setup and use. I love it!
  • I have none. It ranks as one of my favorite products ever!
  • Great pricing points make it affordable for small and large businesses.
I'm disappointed you don't have an 11 or 12 on the scale for how much I like it. It's price competitive, simple to set up and use, and reliable. What else could you want in a remote support tool? I use it every day and have had no issues with it.
I've never had to contact their support because the product is so good, but for the few questions I have had, I was able to find answers online to resolve them quickly and correctly. The admin screens are very easy to use and make sense, so I really haven't had any issues with them.
We use Splashtop to share computers with specialized software installed amongst a team of individuals working both remotely and locally. I often log in and type things in programs like SQL developer, point of sale software, and other software that is installed on office computers. This allows us to avoid the extra work of software installation and updates along with the expense of additional licenses.
  • Remote desktop usage
  • File transfer
  • Monitoring current usage of remote PC prior to log-in via unattended access
  • Decrease lag when connections are slower
Splashtop is an excellent remote desktop and user support solution for businesses of any size. It allows users to easily work remotely and log in via unattended access, allows techs to support users and manage software installations with ease, and even allows remote monitoring of current computer status to avoid bothering non-remote users when they are currently engaged with work tasks.
The Splashtop staff respond quickly to support requests and do a good job of QA in order to reduce the need for these requests.
  • No Training
Splashtop is very easy to use. None of my team have had any difficulties.
It's easy to install by creating installation packages.
It's very easy to upgrade Splashtop remotely with only a minute of time.
Splashtop was shown to me by a friend who uses it. It seemed super easy, so I gave it a try. I ditched the old "team viewer" and the "Goto" software that same day. Splashtop allows me to work from WHERE I am. I have used it on a phone, iPad, laptop, and desktop. It is my go-to for remote connections. I travel a LOT, and this allows me to work regardless of what state I am in, without having to get someone in the office to do the paperwork for me. If you are on the fence- just do it. So much easier than the others.
  • Quick Access - No waiting and having to login with multiple passwords.
  • Mimics my desktop screens and allows me to quickly accomplish things.
  • Easy to learn the "how to's" - Not complicated at all!
  • Actually have gotten several other workers to sign up once they saw how easy it was!
  • It would be great if it remembered your last settings.
  • I wish when in dual monitor mode it would remember that is what you want.
If you travel for work and still need to access your office computer- this is the easiest software I have found to do that. Every time I am on the road I use it. I have it set up on multiple computers where I am at, so it is even easier than having to use a phone or iPad. It is very quick to log on, and the one time I needed tech support, they were fast, understood exactly what was going on, and could fix it in less than 5 minutes.
I used the online chat, and Josh was quick and amazing! He was able to get things resolved in less than 5 min.
I personally use Splashtop while working from home. I first started using it when we were all sent home for the pandemic. I needed a reliable way to remote into my computer. Another employee told me about Splashtop. It has been very reliable. It allows me to work from home seamlessly.
  • It has been very reliable
  • It allows me to access my 2 monitors at my desk
  • I like the customer support.
  • There was one time that I couldn't remote in and I had no idea why. Maybe it would be good to have some kind of checklist.
Splashtop is well suited for the office employee working from home who wants to be able to access their worksite computer and all of the documents and passwords contained therein.
I haven't had a need to connect with anyone from customer support - luckily!
We chose to use Splashtop when COVID transitioned our business to remote office use. I have never used another remote access tool, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But for the past 2+ years, Splashtop has been seamless in our transition from collective/community office to home office. It functions identically like I am in the office and I have no delays, glitches, or other technological hiccups. The program is efficient and allows me to do my job in a professional manner. I would recommend Splashtop to any business that has remote employees.
  • Mirrored / Real-time work. I am functioning from my home computer identically to my work computer
  • Great customer support and information online. If we have any questions or issues, we have been able to solve them in a timely manner
  • Easy- I am not the most technologically savvy person, but Splashtop is user-friendly and I can use it with ease.
  • I don't know how Splashtop can improve. I truly have not had any issues with my connection, access to a computer, etc.
We are a windows based office and we use many windows products. Splashtop has worked well for all of our communication, programs, and functionality. I use multiple monitors and have had no issue with Splashtop giving me the use of all monitors. I am not aware of there anything our office does that Splashtop cannot do for our office. All programs have been compatible.
We have had great customer service with Splashtop. But it is also nice because they have a lot of accessible information online that answer general questions to resolve any questions we have had.
I work remotely 2 to 3 days a week. Splashtop makes it possible to remote access my main computer at the Retail store location using a laptop at my home office.
  • I very rarely have an issue with connectivity.
  • Remotely, I can access my dual monitors in the store.
  • If need be, I can remotely print from home a report for a team member at the store location.
  • Sometimes there is a latency between in printing to my remote location printer
Splashtop is easy to use and there was a short learning curve to get familiar with the software.
I have not had to contact suport
I use it as well as my boss. The ease of this product is incredible. It works seamlessly. This product allows for travel and the ease of logging into the computer at the work location. I have even run this with cell phone internet service and it still works like a charm. I introduced my boss to it and we share the strength of this with others.
  • Allows for quick usability in logging into an immobile work computer
  • Literally has two clicks and you are in your system, like being at your desk
  • No interruptions were experienced as far as being kicked out of the program at various times as other programs do.
  • Price is exceptional for a yearly fee.
  • I can't think of one thing that needs to be improved upon. It works seamlessly and with not much effort.
I have already introduced this product to my co-workers. Well suited for people who travel a lot and want the accessibility of the computer in their office. No place this product wouldn't be appropriate.
I haven't had to connect with Splashtop for issues as of yet. I have had this product for a year and not needed any assistance.
I use Splashtop daily to log in to our main server. 99% of the time, the software works perfectly and it transfers files quickly between my location and my main office.
  • Works well 99% of the time
  • transfers files quickly
  • Customer support could use significant improvement
I mainly use Splashtop to transfer files between locations and receive work.
This is where Splashtop lacks. I prefer to be able to call and/or chat with someone live, not send in a ticket and wait for a reply.

Simple, Easy, Fast.

Explain how to use Splashtop's solution for remote access and support. By a department or a whole cultural cuisine by the book? What business issues are involved? Splashtop is used in our organization, in the IT department, and for some of the users who work remotely. We use it remotely without any problems.
  • The interface is very simple
  • Fast and stable
  • It doesn't cause any problems.
  • Secure
  • May be faster on local connections.
  • VPN connection and MFA can be together.
  • Old OS versions may have problems, but this is normal.
First of all, Splashtop is very suitable for working remotely because it is simple, there is no hassle or a process that requires support. If you are providing in-house or external services, I think it is very suitable for managing them. The point to note here is to know what you want, if it's easy, fast, and safe, Splashtop is fine.
I never needed to get support from Splashtop.
Tom Fitzgerald | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have about 500 clients that use my software (POS) across the USA. I do support for the software by remotely connecting (Splashtop SOS) to the Clients PC and do training, maintenance, support, debugging, etc. My clients like the security of knowing that I can ONLY access their pc with their interaction. I also access my Business server which houses EVERYTHING about my business, I do this with the unattended access tool. Normally I am networked to my Business server, but occasionally, when traveling, I need remote access. Recently, I was traveling to Portugal for a short time but was denied access back into the USA because I tested positive for Covid. Luckily I had remote access to my Business server, so I was able to continue working throughout the isolation period. Basically, Splashtop's unattended access tool saved me 10 days of work I would have missed. Thanks, Splashtop.
  • Great Remote support (SOS)
  • Secure unattended access tool, I don't worry about open RDP ports
  • Ability to customize the sos client tool.
  • The SOS client customization is a little backward, I think, because it asks the customer if they trust me, the guy who customized the tool. My client knows and trusts me, they never heard of Splashtop, so the question confuses them.
Perfect for unattended access and as a remote support tool
Haven't needed support from Splashtop.
Duane Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it to access my home office, from utilizing the final reporting software to spreadsheets or even email. Sometimes I have to use my phone as a hot spot for my WiFi, and it works great.
  • Accessing a remote desktop.
  • Teaching or giving a powerpoint presentation.
  • I even day trade with it when times allow. I log into my trading computer.
  • In the app for the phone, it would be nice if there was a next screen button instead of having to select the monitor every time. The desktop has that flexibility.
I have not run into any adverse situations with it. It does what it needs to do, and it is affordable.
Easy but I have only had one issue, and it was cleared up immediately.
We use Splashtop throughout our company to tap into our CRM, music systems, and computers we use on-site at events. It SAFELY allows us to access our data to keep our business running smoothly and efficiently. It is extremely easy to use, and it is very simple to toggle between accounts to access different workstations.
  • Safe connections
  • Quick connection
  • Easily shows all of your terminals in your account
  • We sometimes receive a slow connection error, but I don't believe that is a platform issue.
I highly recommend it because all of your email histories, notes, and other work just stay on the main computer in your office. It's great to view mobile systems with workstations as if you're sitting right there. I can't think of a situation where it isn't well suited as it works perfectly for us!
I haven't needed support.
We needed a way to support a new app on mobile devices. This app, belonging to one of our vendor partners, was not fully mature. Frankly, it was buggy and incomplete compared to earlier software from a different vendor. Our users were being dragged down by poor performance, erratic operation, and missing critical data fields. IT needed a way to see what was going on, document the problems, and hold the vendor's feet to the fire. Splashtop gave us a window into their world. We use Splashtop to support Samsung tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Android phones. It is now standard practice for us to deploy new devices with Splashtop already installed.
  • Makes supporting end-users easy
  • Works across the spectrum of devices
  • Easy to learn & set up
  • Excellent ROI. There is an immediate value to using Splashtop.
  • Users in the field know they aren't alone -- they are supported. You can't quantify this it monetary terms, but it absolutely is valuable.
  • We're satisfied.
Mobile users, even in areas of marginal connectivity, are able to receive support when needed. Our entire Sales staff runs better as a result. This is the only role we've explored with Splashtop. Works great for remote support. I can't speak to "less appropriate" scenarios.
Never had to use Splashtop support.
I'm using Splashtop to work remotely from home and access my work computer. I am a video editor so I needed local access to our on-property server. Splashtop allows me to remotely access and work from the server with audio and very little if no delays.
  • It allows me to use remote audio. Many other screen-sharing platforms don't give you local access to audio.
  • It uses very little processing power on the computer you're physically using.
  • There are times it'll randomly kick you out, but for the most part it's very reliable.
  • To remotely restart your computer you need to have Splashtop installed on another computer on the same network.
As a video editor, I use it to remotely connect to my work computer that is on the same network as our server, which works well. There are times when both connections need to be reset, which is a little annoying but hasn't hindered anything major so far.
So far, I haven't had any issues that I've needed to reach out to support for.
Splashtop has enabled me to work remotely from other cities when I am traveling. It makes it so simple to log in to my own desktop and stay on top of my workload without being in the office. During the Covid-19 pandemic, I was able to complete all my work from home by using Splashtop rather than having to go into the office. I don’t know what I would do without it. On a regular basis I am in the office in the morning and then use Splashtop to complete my day from the comfort of my home in the afternoon. I absolutely love the flexibility that it gives me. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
  • Easy login on any devicr
  • I have not found anything I would change
Enables me to work from anywhere, even on my phone.
In 5 years of using the product, I have never had to call for support. It is easy to use and has never given me any trouble
Donald Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Splashtop as our primary remote desktop tool to access our client's PCs, Macs, and servers. I love the fact that we can use it from our laptops, tablets, and in a pinch, our smartphones. The ease of accessing our client's systems is a game-changer over other tools like TeamViewer and LogMeIn.
  • Remote Desktop access
  • File transfer
  • Handling multiple screen situations
  • Non-agent access (sending a code to access like with Quick Assist)
  • The ability to display multiple monitors at the same time (like in Quick Assist)
  • Behind the scenes remote access (to fix issues while the client still uses their PC
1. In a Managed Services scenario 2. In-house IT departments 3. For remote workers that need to access their office PC Splashtop does a wonderful job in all of those environments, and the fact that it can work from Pcs, Macs, Tablets, and smartphones is a real plus. The only issue is that you must have either the RMM version or the paid business version, and download the special client on your device to remote into other systems.
It is never difficult to connect to another PC with the Splashtop agent installed on it. I have noticed a slight lag when a system is online versus the Splashtop agent signing in and reporting online. This is never a major issue but can slow down any problem resolution/Remote support assistance. The longest lag that I have seen was just under 5 minutes.
Splashtop Enterprise is used for remote access and remote support of our company's computers. It works extremely well for both Mac and PC and allows our workers to act as if they were in front of their computer while at home or on the road. It eliminates the need to be in the office at all times, and with mobile access doing tasks on the computer remotely is always an option.
  • Speed. Splashtop is super fast. It's hard to tell the difference between using the computer remotely and locally.
  • Convenience. You can access computers remotely from any device quickly and easily.
  • Cost. It's a great deal, especially when compared to the competitors. You get a lot of features from the money.
  • Any complaints are really nitpicky. Splashtop occasionally has maintenance windows but they are late at night.
  • File transfers work really well but big files can take some time.
  • The integrated Bit Defender add-on is severely limited, while inexpensive, I can't recommend it. For example, you can't exclude specific folders without emailing the company.
Splashtop is the perfect product for individuals who need remote access to their computers. As an IT administrator, I love having the ability to give specific users access to the machines they need and limiting others. The SOS feature is tremendously valuable for situations where the computer is not part of our network. Because of the cross-platform functionality, there is no computer out of reach. I often find myself using Splashtop to access computers that are only a few feet away from me because it's just easier and is almost like having a KVM switch.
We have reached out to Splashtop support a handful of times and always received a response in a timely manner. Their support is helpful and thorough and lived up to the expectations we had for them. All of our support requests have been handled by either chat or email and both were excellent!
May 12, 2022

Great product!

I use Splashtop in two ways. One is to help troubleshoot my employee's computers. The second is what I use it for most, and that is to remotely access client computers to input accounting transactions for them. Being able to work quickly, without the delay that normally comes with remote access software has been a huge advantage and made my job much easier.
  • Quick and each access
  • Easy set up on computers
  • File transfers
  • Remotely turning on computers
  • Setting on the computers so they don't go to sleep
I highly recommend Splashtop if you have remote employees or have a job where you travel and need access to a computer that is not with you. I work with several computers and it's not feasible for me to travel with all of them, and being able to access each computer is very helpful.
I haven't had any issues, so I don't have anything to add here, except to say that I haven't had any issues and that is saying something!
Splashtop Remote Support is used by our small IT department to support and remotely access computers across our institution. We use it in place of Microsoft Remote Desktop and Apple Remote Desktop. It is accessible via both our desktop computers and our mobile devices, and most recently we started using it via Chromebooks.
  • Affordable
  • Hidden from the end user
  • Responsive company
  • Need a better marketing department
  • Support for older devices could be better
  • Better defaults, such as hiding in the Windows Start menu
It's not a matter of how likely I am to recommend Splashtop, the fact is that it is the only remote support tool that I recommend. While LogMeIn and TeamViewer dominate the field, neither are affordable for small organizations. Splashtop Remote Support is trivial to use and install and has saved my organization thousands over LogMeIn.
In my years using Splashtop Remote Support, I have only had to use Support on a couple of occasions. When I have, the answer has been quick and exactly what I was looking for. It literally is a tool that we just do not worry about. The only complexity has been some minor changes in licensing, however to this date we have been grandfathered in on older, lower-cost pricing.
Compared to other tools, I have found Splashtop to be a product that I do not have to worry about once it is installed. More often than not, remote support tools are mission-critical in emergencies and unlike others, Splashtop has not let me down in emergencies. It's easy to use, and I can use it from whatever device I have in hand when there is an emergency.
April 28, 2022

Splashtop FTW!

We use Splashtop to support a growing hybrid (remote and in-person) workforce. The IT departments are the users and managers of Splashtop. We assist employees at home as well as in other branches, to save drive time and downtime. Splashtop has even allowed us to diagnose and fix remote tablets and phones.
  • Splashtop simplifies the end-user experience; the agent software downloads almost automatically for them.
  • Easy learning curve for technicians new to this kind of software.
  • The ability to transfer needed files or installers directly to end-users through the remote connection.
  • Lots of updates-- may be good, maybe bad, but tend to come when you're just about to remotely support someone. If we could schedule them when we're not actively trying to use Splashtop, that would be better.
For a remote support tool, Splashtop has been fantastic. You ask your user to go to a website and then a download starts for a temp installer. It even knows if the user is on a Mac or Windows PC. The end-user gets a code, which they give to a technician and remote support can begin. After the session, the code is broken and not usable again for that machine. Security is a high priority for us and because of that, even though we have it, we don't use the agent-installed/unattended access. So that won't be reviewed here. You have a bevy of tools at your disposal too-- file transfer, screen mark-up, whiteboard, technician sharing, multi or single-screen view (for multiple monitors). If you're saying, "So what, I have a tool that does all of this...", then let me add that I have used most of the other Big Guys out there. I'm familiar with what they can and can't do. But Splashtop has impressed me (and my techs) with the value for the price, the features, ease of use, and also the support community at their company. If you're skeptical, I encourage you to sign up for a trial of their software and try it out. I think you'll be glad you did.
Splashtop support is one of the reasons we decided to go with them. They've been fantastic.