https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGWhat is the best Social Media management solution?I began searching for a Social Media Management and Monitoring tool when I realized that I was finding it increasingly difficult to create the content, manage the outgoing messages and also monitor our social media venues effectively. It came down to Sprout Social. It is being used by the Marketing Department, specifically the Social Media group.,Simple to understand visual reports: the kind you can just SEND to managers, without the need to EXPLAIN what they mean :) A robust scheduling platform so you can arrange the content for the week according to your publishing topics and still be allowed to manually intervene when/if needed Being cloud-based and also available for smartphones and tablets allows for reliability: you'll always have some form of access to your material and venues, no matter where you are. When we first started using SproutSocial they were still showing the "posted via" signature on Facebook, now it is gone. So the experience users see and live is made to look like it just came from a human, not by a scheduled machine, which is a great personal touch. With LinkedIn Pages support in the building, they'll surely add another important platform to their portfolio.,Add YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr Offer a freemium model,10,1,Cut down budget for having multiple persons on specific digital venues Better employer branding as we manage all of our job offers through Facebook too Allows for a proper corporate presence on social media, making sure that each (supported) venue is covered,,10,1,live feed from our events (Twitter, Facebook) managing our daily social media feeds nline contests: we are able to calculate the time-stamp of any message, based on the publish time we set in SproutSocial for each,I still remember the face of our Marketing Director when I showed him the smart inbox and all those mentions of us :) I was also surprised by the multiple use of the word "iQuest" out there. So many websites and digital venues were using it and Sprout Social discovered them :),add teams and allocate specialists: one person for Twitter, one for Facebook etc. They can all work in the same app but on specific venues they are best at using.,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,Would not chnage anything,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,nothing significant,10,Online training,10,10,Yes,Yes, it was 1-2AM, I was preparing for a meeting the next day where I had to present the past 6 months for all digital venues. I remember planning the design of the reports and then it hit me: I could just easily use the amazing designed PDF reports Sprout Social was producing and show them those. Great choice! Went back to sleep and nailed it the next day in the meeting room.,reporting smart inbox,keywords (would rather have a drop-down where I can select my own variations/combinations, then write things like "keyword -from @username etc),Yes,10,8,10,10,10,Method of payment,Try to be honest and true about your business and objectives. They will not try to upsell crap to you, so the more you open in an initial approach and let them know your needs, th ebetter your profile will be matched against a solution that vest fits your needs.Sprout Social Has Plenty of Room for GrowthSprout allows me to schedule all of my Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+ posts (including photos) from the Messaging module. Sprout also allows me to use an RSS Feed to push blog posts to my Twitter account automatically. With the discovery tool, Sprout allows me to search for new customers with keywords or phrases. "Cleanup" allows me to see which Twitter users are inactive and who isn't following back so I can prioritize who to engage with. The Twitter Comparison tool allows me to compare my twitter account to competitor accounts, allowing me to keep an eye on what kind of content engages our market the most.,Sprout might see a vast increase in their number of clients if they implemented the ability to link a Pinterest account. Also, (and I know I'm reaching really far with this one), if Sprout paired up with Pinterest and implemented a batch upload tool for Pins in their scheduling module-I would do so much happy dancing. SO MUCH DANCING. Facebook Reports: Vague. For example, on my current facebook report I see "Facebook Impressions" and beneath that, the word "Check-In" and the number 2.2k. What is a Facebook Check-In? How does that information help me? Perhaps developers could take a look at implementing the new Facebook Insights into the SS reports. Here's what I want to know when I see my report--Who shares and likes our content the most? Who should I reach out to? Let me link Facebook contests so I can get a specific report on how the contest is doing and how many fans we're engaging. Twitter Reports: Also vague. I want to see who shares our content the most. I see how many mentions and retweets I received, but that just strokes my ego. What I want to know is--who should I keep reaching out to and engaging with and who am I annoying? ;) Google Analytics: Doesn't show correct information. Mine doesn't allow me to plug in a date past March 13, 2013 for report purposes. It also continues to tell me that it "doesn't have any data for me yet." Could be a glitch on my end though so I can't say fairly either way. LinkedIn and Google+: I don't personally use LinkedIn or Google+ very much, but it makes sense to me that if you're offering reports for Facebook and Twitter, perhaps reports should be included for those two platforms as well. It'd be great to add Facebook and Linkedin to the Discovery section so we're not just limited to finding new Twitter users. Also, it would be amazing if, when new people were suggested as connections for us, their Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and/or Pinterest accounts were all available as options to follow/like/connect with in just a few clicks. That might be a little too creepy to implement, but it would be soooo nice. ;) Currently, the RSS Feed can only push my blog content to Twitter and it would be really great if I had the option to push it to Facebook and/or to Google+ and LinkedIn as well. (And Pinterest. Am I pushing too much? Pin-ter-est. Pin-ter-est. Pin-ter-est!) *Really though, Pinterest drives five times the traffic of all other social media platforms to our website. It just makes sense to get in on it!) Why is there no Facebook comparison tool?,5,1,Ultimately, I only use SS to push my blog posts to my twitter account. I stay on with them because I like the design and user-friendliness of SS the most. I'm also very interested to see if and how they keep growing. I have high hopes for them.,,7,1,Scheduling posts across multiple social media platforms ahead of time. Pushing blog posts to Twitter. Finding new connections on Twitter.,Pushing our blog posts to Twitter.,If Sprout Social implements any ideas from my review, there will be a HUGE number of ways that I will be able to ue Sprout Social. (pssssst, PINTEREST!!!!),Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,I wouldn't. The only way that I can get a feel for any product is to sit down and use it for a while, so I'm happy with the process.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,No issues at all. I purchased it and started using it right away. Linking my accounts was super simple and I was able to start scheduling posts immediately.,10,No,10,No,When I first thought about signing up, I had questions about the different types of accounts offered. I called and spoke with one of their support members, who walked me through the different types and worked with to figure out which would be best from what I needed. She was super helpful and patient and I felt better about moving forward with my purchase after that conversation.,All of the functions are very easy to use.,None,Yes, but I don't use it,10Clean, concise and reliable - Sprout Social is where it's atOne of the first things I noticed about Sprout was its extremely reliable publishing module. It never faltered in the 18+ months that I've used, and is easy to navigate to for updating already scheduled tweets (for example). The reporting module is beautiful. Very clear findings on the exact items I look to report on - plus the export to pdf function is really cool. I actually really like Sprout Social's blog and social messaging. Not salesy and provides value to my research and trend watching. Whoever is managing their community does a great job at coming across as authentic, vs. just trying to get people to sign up for their webinar.,I've always hoped to have a better friend/follower function on Sprout. I like being able to see who's not following back, or who is idle, but in more of a batch setting vs. the long scrolling list they have now. Just the ability to clean house a little better Sometimes swithcing between users/accounts is tricky - it isn't always obvious to me what data i'm looking at for which client so that can sometimes be a little nerve wracking. Maybe just a clearer client/user toggle than the small area in the top right.,Improved customer service for sure. It's definitely a good homebase for all channels, and keeps everything much more organized which means more efficiency. A couple of my clients noticed immediate uptick in ROI, I credit this to our kickoff of their social media programs, of which Sprout is a huge tool to make it happen with. So yes, it has definitely reached many business objectives,8,10,2,1,Editorial calendaring is so important, so being able to look at all of our content at a glance is a huge need that Sprout fills Customer support. I'll say it again, Sprout has great customer support. If something happens they're right there, even during "off" hours (which there aren't really any of those anymore).,A great tool for event activation, the tool is extremely organized so even if you're not you'll have your ducks lined up with a little help from Sprout friends.,I hope to use Sprout to eventually do heavier outreach with writers. I'm hoping some sort of feature will come out with a facet associated with this.,Yes,,Price Product Features Product Usability,I wouldn't do it over, and I'm sure just like many others I still use other tools along side Sprout. I don't feel that i spent too much time shopping around - things are always changing anyway so by this time next year it may be Sprout, it may be someone else - but I'm very loyal so I'm rooting for them. :),Vendor implemented Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,8,Yes,10,Yes,Yes. When first establishing the account for a non profit I worked with last year, I was told we would receive a discounted rate because of a certain promotion. The next month saw our invoice and that particular promo had not been applied to the total amount, I called to inform and not only was the discount immediately taken off they also included their non profit discount which made a huge impact on the cost of the product year over year.,Reporting: great pdf export w/ client logo add on. Ggreat social messaging scheduler. Customer support is pretty instantaneous.,Just toggling between accounts/users. Sometimes it isn't super obvious what data I'm reviewing (if I've left and come back) and have todouble check using the drop down in the top right.,Yes,10Solid for Agency UseI especially liked Sprout Social's ability to organize your followers into categories, such as Twitter users who aren't very active. This allows a brand to weed out inactive users. Sprout Social's reports are basic, especially when compared to reports from Simply Measured. But they lay out solid information in a very attractive package, and the data is exportable and customizable. Scheduling posts across mulitple networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) is simple, and the "Publishing" tab gives a nice outline of all your scheduled posts. You can easily view your "history" with another Twitter user, not just a a recent conversation.,Reports are basic, and social networks like Instagram and YouTube are not included. If in-depth reporting is a need, you'll want to look elsewhere.,Brand engagement. Customer service.,7,7,2,Scheduling posts. Reporting. Monitoring.,,Implemented in-house,7,Self-taught,Yes, though I'm sure there's plenty the Sprout Social team could show you that would be worth your time.,No,7,8,8,8Don't Doubt SproutTracking keywords. Cross platform analysis. Great GUI. User friendly and easy to get into.,The ability to monitor activities on a wider number of social media outlets. The ability to cross-post to a wider number of social media outlets.,Much better customer service. Better experience for the customers More involvement with customers from both the business end and customer end.,10,10,1,1,Customer interaction. Customer experience improvement. Brand building with efficiency in mind. Staying informed of customer opinions. Staying informed of brand placement within the customer eye.,Again, customer experience was rated very high. Keep tabs on our online presence. Keep tabs on how our brand had developed over time through the various social media outlets.,Greater variety of social media outlets to post to. Maintain a growing customer base without losing control. Embed coupons if this feature is ever enabled.,No,Hootsuite,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,I would have done more research into various products/services including third party services but would've ended up using Sprout Social in the end because of its capabilities combined with its ease of use.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Only setting it up with a limited number of networks.,10,No,10,No,During my trial run. Sprout Social customer service made sure to walk me through it and follow up with me to see how I was doing with it.,cross platform posting cross platform monitoring creating charts for analysis,lack of media networks integrated none! none!,Yes, but I don't use it,10
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social
Top Rated Award
Showing 10 of 260 Sprout Social ratings and reviews.
Valentin Vesa profile photo
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "What is the best Social Media management solution?"

Implementation

Make sure you do it all the way. Do not break it into phases. Pour yourself a coffee, start it in the morning and you'll be done before you finish that coffee.
Read Valentin Vesa's full review
Michelle Hebert profile photo
November 15, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social Has Plenty of Room for Growth"

It's super easy.
Read Michelle Hebert's full review
Lisa Kribs-LaPierre profile photo
October 25, 2013

Review: "Clean, concise and reliable - Sprout Social is where it's at"

Smooth sailing.
Read Lisa Kribs-LaPierre's full review
Bryden McGrath profile photo
October 24, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Solid for Agency Use"

Implementation

I wasn't involved with the initial implementation.
Read Bryden McGrath's full review
Steven Weitzman profile photo
January 13, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Don't Doubt Sprout"

Implementation

The implementation of Sprout Social is simple, fast, and easily up-trained or cross-trained.
Read Steven Weitzman's full review
Lizzie Maldonado profile photo
August 13, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "SproutSocial — Stick to Reporting for a Satisfying Experience"

Implementation

Extremely easy to set up in-house.
Read Lizzie Maldonado's full review
Sarah Zibanejadrad profile photo
October 23, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social is A Member of Our Marketing Team"

Implementation

It is easy to add new accounts, team members, etc.
Read Sarah Zibanejadrad's full review
February 22, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Data analysis inadequate for an agency."

Implementation

Ultimately, we felt that we could probably have done a better job if we had just done it ourselves.
December 05, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "Good, simple publishing tool."

Implementation

This is a SaaS product, so there is no real implementation
November 30, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "Affordable and effective."

Boolean keyword searches (9)
Filtering out noise/spam (11)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (15)
Audience targeting (15)
Content optimization (12)
Workflow management (14)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (15)
Bulk actions (13)
Lead generation (11)
6.3
Content marketing (9)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (15)
Facebook (15)
LinkedIn (12)
Google+ (12)
Instagram (7)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (15)
Real-time tracking (14)
Competitor analysis (11)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (13)
Mobile access (13)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access