https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGSprout Reporting Focused ReviewIt is being used by the full social team here at our Agency. It is used mainly for reporting/monthly metric takeaways rather community management, brand engagement, social listening, or scheduling. It helps us track how well or content is performing month over month, how our community is growing, demographics on our community, and more.,A comprehensive overview of content analysis - with the ability to look month by month, week by week, etc. Demographic breakdown in reporting. Paid and organic metrics separated out.,Consistent engagement metrics across all social platforms (since they have engagement rate for Instagram and Facebook but not Twitter). A section or tab where you can separate content that is organic and content that is paid. Predictions on reach/growth dependent on your tracked metrics.,8,4,It has been able to provide us quick metrics and takeaways for each of our clients as we compile a monthly report for about 6 of our brands. We have run into issues where the paid and organic data is not separated out so we have reported incorrect data. Its the most comprehensive tool we use where we can see all metrics and a general overview of how our content is doing.,Spredfast and Sprinklr,Spredfast, Salesforce Analytics Cloud, BrandwatchExcellent platform except analytics.We use it to manage our social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. It has so many great tools that adapt in a great manner to our needs. This is used by our Marketing department as well as our Outsourced Community Management team.,The scheduling tool is super good! It is very easy to use. It has a solution for all sizes of companies. It’s good for monitoring and engaging.,I don’t really like the analytics that they have. The insights could be much better. In this scenario, Socialbakers is much better.,9,5,Sprout Social has a lot of great tools and features, but they lack good competition insights. This is something that made us pay for Socialbakers as well, so we could have the great Sprout Social tools plus the great Socialbakers Analytics. It isn’t cheap. That’s for sure.,Socialbakers Suite, eClincher and Falcon.io,eClincher, Axure RP, Facebook for Business, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Google Ad Manager, Google Domains, Google Data Studio, Google Forms, Google PageSpeed Insights, Google Search ConsoleSprout Social: Better Functionality, Better SocialI work on creating and posting social content for clients, and a few of them have opted to use Sprout Social to manage their social accounts. They wanted a platform that would include multi-functionality and serve as their overarching content hub. We gave them the options for a few different platforms, and quite a few tapped Sprout Social to be the center of all things social.,Schedule, post and monitor social feeds. Ability to track, analyze and post from a greater number of accounts. Other platforms I use only have Facebook and Twitter integration. Sprout Social has the ability to host more than that (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.). Great, simple and easy to use interface. I use a few different social platforms for clients, and I love how clean and uncomplicated Sprout Social is. Many of its competitors are not as Data reporting and analysis. Overall, more capabilities than other social platforms (chatbot creation, private messaging, Facebook page management and so on).,I think the task manager option has a lot of great potential, but as it is now, my team and I don't have much use for it. I'd like to see that a bit more built out as an additional project management tool.,9,8,Social campaigns can have a big impact on ROI and lead generation, and our clients trust Sprout Social for the insights to generate such results. We have received positive feedback from clients, and have seen it ourselves in the data reporting. A one-stop social hub saves a lot of back and forth, therefore saving our team lots of time when it comes to managing multiple social accounts.,Buffer, Hootsuite Pro, Hootsuite Free, Hootsuite Enterprise and TweetDeck,BufferSprout New Ideas + Strategies with Sprout SocialWe used Sprout Social to begin experimenting with social media management tools as we scaled our voice on multiple social platforms. It was utilized by the market department (a small one - usage was mainly by 2 users, max). Usually in tandem, as we explored the product. It allowed us to get ahead of ourselves in terms of planning and scheduling so we were able to develop a social plan in real-time, as we explored a tool that is meant to allow us to do just that. As a small team, we were short on hands, literally, and ideas, so having the ability to schedule across platforms, as well as utilize hashtag trend tools to generate ideas was very helpful.,Quick ramp up (very user-friendly) Powerful reporting and trend identification tools Location-based hashtag searches Brand monitoring,The cost was too high for us - I couldn't sell it to the CEO to build into our marketing budget Missing Pinterest and YouTube integration at the time, so this limited us in terms of visually sharing different forms of media across all of our social channels No LinkedIn Group publishing ability - this was big for us as we had at least two active LI Groups at the time that we wanted to nurture and grow. Dashboard didn't show everything all in one place, and I liked that about HootSuite's social media management tool. Having the ability to see our entire digital, social footprint in one place was helpful to us at our early stage.,7,2,Allowed us to concurrently build a system where we could plan for the future and forward-looking content, events, and other publishing opportunities Enabled us to audit the "marketplace" so to speak and seek out ideas based on trends and real-time analytics Allowed us to develop a new workflow strain based on permission levels and internal SS workflow,Hootsuite Pro, Hootsuite Free, CoSchedule and Buffer,Buffer, Hootsuite Pro, SailthruThe Smarter Way to Help Your TeamSeveral departments use Sprout Social at my company. My department mainly uses it to understand the marketing tactics that we have implemented for our clients. More than just understanding these tactics, we want to see how these campaigns have done across multiple platforms—whether that be interaction or overall use amongst consumers. We also use it to understand what campaigns we should use next and what our client would like to see in the future.,Organized Easy to use Thorough in analysis Expansive,I suppose it could be a little more simple to use for those who aren't familiar with platforms like this,9,50,We've been able to better understand our social media campaigns and what works. We've realized that social media in our industry needs to be worked on. We've reorganized our campaigns.,,Smartsheet, Google Analytics, Microsoft 365 Business
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 76 of 275 Sprout Social ratings and reviews.

Kelcey Zacarese profile photo
December 10, 2018

Sprout Social: "Sprout Reporting Focused Review"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout is best when needed for general reporting metrics - especially for brands or agencies who are working with only organic or unpaid content. Since Ads Manager is typically used for all paid reporting, this is either best for organic only reporting, or a comprehensive overview of how your paid + organic content has done.
Read Kelcey Zacarese's full review
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing profile photo
January 18, 2019

Sprout Social Review: "Excellent platform except analytics."

Likelihood to Recommend

It's well suited for medium to large companies. For small companies, it’s a little bit expensive, but if you can afford paying it... it will be very useful.
Read Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing's full review
December 24, 2018

Review: "Sprout Social: Better Functionality, Better Social"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is the perfect one-stop platform for all things social. If you're looking for high-level social management for a variety of social channels (not just Facebook or Twitter), or just in-depth analytics and capabilities for Facebook and Twitter, then this is the platform you should be using. Sprout Social has a smart, intuitive design that is easy to use (which is my big gripe with other platforms such as Hootsuite and TweetDeck, which have a lot more going on in their interfaces). That said, if you are a smaller firm, or have less or smaller social needs, I might scale back to a smaller social software with less functionality.
December 20, 2018

"Sprout New Ideas + Strategies with Sprout Social"

Likelihood to Recommend

Great for small to medium-sized teams with a reasonable enough budget to fund the investment in SS. Best for brands looking for a strong Twitter presence, ideally, a social presence focused more on interesting text-based content, as opposed to brands with more visual and varied forms of media.
February 07, 2019

Sprout Social Review: "The Smarter Way to Help Your Team"

Likelihood to Recommend

We can track campaigns, usage and best practices. This isn't something to just brainstorm ideas off of, it can be used like that to a degree, but it's more to understand how social media campaigns work (and who likes what campaign the best). It's better for understanding demographics and usage.
December 21, 2018

Review: "How Sprout Social changed our operations"

Likelihood to Recommend

• We schedule reports to go to our clients on monthly basis.
  • We analyze our content performance and track campaigns (using content tags).
  • Our social media community management got way better after our team adapted to the single stream inbox.
February 12, 2019

User Review: "Sprout Social-Social Media Planner"

Likelihood to Recommend

For organizations with multiple social media accounts and teams with more than 10 people, it would be a good decision to use Sprout Social. If there are only one or two social media accounts, then Sprout Social might not be the best option based on its price.
Adrienne Hardin profile photo
June 04, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Solid entry-level product for social media management"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would wholeheartedly recommend Sprout for basic social media management. Twitter scheduling, social listening capabilities, and being able to export calendars of scheduled posts are all features that have saved me time and allowed me to focus more on strategic efforts. But, if you depend on accurate data reporting, or are looking for something that integrates well with the rest of a team's workflow, Sprout (at least at the premium level) probably isn't the best choice.
Read Adrienne Hardin's full review
Daniela Belevan profile photo
March 23, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Really amazing tool for social media management! Recommended!"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is a very useful tool for social media management. It has made my life easier because now I'm able to schedule posts and generate analytics and reporting for my clients. The only issue is the navigation of the interface, and how overwhelming the platform can become. Other than that, I could recommend it to anyone who handles many social media accounts.
Read Daniela Belevan's full review
August 07, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Get social ROI with Sprout"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you are an agency or run a large social team, Sprout Social is perfect. For a single man shop, it is too robust and expensive to turn an ROI unless you are a social media die-hard. I would also recommend this to any organization that is working with an agency to run social. You can keep your hand on the pulse, assign tasks and keep the entire engagement in an easy to manage interface.
May 16, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "A great solution for quick, simple social tasks"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is an incredible free tool with limitations. If you're looking to have a more powerful social management platform, there are definitely better alternatives. For quick, simple engagements, Sprout Social is probably most ideal.
Jimmy Mack profile photo
January 22, 2018

Review: "Sprout Social - Good basic analytics on a budget."

Likelihood to Recommend

If you have a small social media team and need a way to quickly and easily monitor your owned social media channels, track conversations on your posts and engage with your fans or followers, Sprout works well. It also is an easy way for users to create high-level reports for higher-ups.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review
Stephanie MacMillan profile photo
December 15, 2017

Sprout Social Review: "Great Social Platform Manager"

Likelihood to Recommend

It is truly a great platform for anyone trying to manage more than three social platforms at a time. I don't think it's worth purchasing for less than three social platforms because of its lack of ROI accountability. I wish it had a built-in tool that could create short links that could then be tracked in the application. Right now it relies on bit.ly and I have to go to an outside site to track links posted.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
April Muller profile photo
December 18, 2017

Review: "Sprout Social easy on the eyes, not so much on the wallet"

Likelihood to Recommend

With its out of the box ease of use, the software is great for small businesses and startups but not priced to be used by them. I would love the ability to have "editors" that aren't full admins so that other people in the organization can get acquainted with Sprout without having full abilities/being charged for an additional seat.
Read April Muller's full review
Michelle Lynn profile photo
January 22, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "A must use tool for social media success!!!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would absolutely recommend this dashboard to anyone in my network. I already have mentioned it to several of my friends and they all want it! I can't tell you how many times people stop and ask me how I was able to gain over 20,000 followers on Twitter (in 2 years) and tweet on average 400 tweets per month generate over 600 engagements. There is no way I would have been able to achieve this kind of success without Sprout Social.
Read Michelle Lynn's full review
Tapan Jain profile photo
December 11, 2015

Review: "Sprout Social - Grow your customer engagement using Social media"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social really scores if you need to manage social profiles for different companies or different departments. As it comes with an inbuilt helpdesk feature to generate and assign tickets and supports collaboration across teams and within the team, it is apt if someone is looking to use social media to resolve customer concerns.
Read Tapan Jain's full review
Olivia Ann Hurst profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "Why YOU should check out Sprout Social!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would tell a colleague - Sprout is the perfect place to manage multiple social accounts. The user-friendliness and stellar customer service will make it an easy to use right away, with minimal training required. For someone who has never used Sprout Social before, knowing that their customer service is always there no matter what can really be appealing and make a big difference! I also like it when social companies have a good presence in the social space - and Sprout Social has exactly that. In the past, I've tweeted with an issue and received a response in 10 minutes or less. That's how you do it!
Read Olivia Ann Hurst's full review
Valentin Vesa profile photo
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "What is the best Social Media management solution?"

Likelihood to Recommend

This is a very well suited solution for teams that are scattered around cities or even countries. Each member of the team is able to see what the colleagues did before him, see assigned tasks and perform accordingly.
The new unified inbox feature allows users to focus on one column where all the messages are being displayed, rather than running across different columns and content filter lists, as other solutions do.
Read Valentin Vesa's full review
Ryan Collins profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "Sprout Social is a top-notch SMMS"

Likelihood to Recommend

Be sure to undergo a tutorial either through Sprout or from someone who understands the service. While it IS easy to understand, there's a slight learning curve that is definitely worth the hour of training. Plus, I recommend connecting their personal channels to the service so they are able to utilize all Sprout features for themselves.
Read Ryan Collins's full review
Ryan Montano profile photo
March 16, 2015

"Sprout Social Review"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would make sure to know exactly how many people and how many networks will be using Sprout. It is easy to upgrade after, but knowing this will help you decide what package is right for you.
Read Ryan Montano's full review
Shonda Ranson profile photo
October 30, 2014

"Seeded in Metrics, Sprout Social Grows Your Strategic Marketing"

Likelihood to Recommend

I recommend this product to colleagues and even bring printouts of the reports to demonstrate not only the social media reach that I've built, but the metrics presented by the tool on job interviews. When considering if the product is right for your organization, think about how easy it is to get the metrics for your key channels. Can you tell when your messages are successful? not successful? and why? Metrics are an essential component of a strong messaging strategy. If you just guess and cast a wide net, you're not only wasting your time, but you're likely turning some of your followers off. Sprout Social lets you see who is interacting with your messages on what channels and in what way.
Read Shonda Ranson's full review
Jennifer Wagner profile photo
October 21, 2014

Review: "Sprout Social: Easy to Navigate for a Novice User"

Likelihood to Recommend

Because I was a novice user and knew very little about Twitter/social media when I first began using Sprout Social, I would rate it as an 8. It was generally easy to learn and adapt to; however, there were times when I had difficulty (i.e. uploading an image to Sprout Social to specifically have post to Facebook). Therefore, beginners should find Sprout Social easy to use; however, they will probably stumble upon a few things they have difficultly with.
Read Jennifer Wagner's full review

Boolean keyword searches (15)
Filtering out noise/spam (17)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (21)
Audience targeting (21)
Content optimization (18)
Workflow management (20)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (21)
Bulk actions (17)
Lead generation (16)
6.6
Content marketing (15)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (20)
Facebook (21)
LinkedIn (17)
Google+ (14)
Instagram (13)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (21)
Real-time tracking (20)
Competitor analysis (16)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (18)
Mobile access (18)
6.7

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access