https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGGet social ROI with SproutSprout Social was an amazing agency partner for us as we grew over the past five years. It allowed us to navigate multiple channels and multiple client accounts with ease. The overall ease of use and UX was great and most features worked flawlessly. As an agency, you are tasked with managing a lot of moving parts for client campaigns and having reporting, publishing, engagement, and tasks consolidated to a single view was very helpful in our agency workflow and processes.,Scheduling content Research and overall visibility of a social community across channels Reporting Engagement,Instagram Live and story-based content Additional social channels,9,3,A sellable resource to increase billings A technology tool that improved reporting Increased our bandwidth and overall efficiency.,Hootsuite Free,Canva, Adobe Illustrator CC, Facebook for BusinessA nice all-in-one social media management toolSprout Social is a robust community management and social media management tool with all-in-one capabilities. It has helped us stay organized and visualize our content calendar in one place.,Social media aggregation. Every use case across the team is aggregated into one platform across channels. Listening, engaging, community management. Publishing tools. The publish calendar helps us to see what our content calendar looks like across all of our channels. Letting us see what conflicts (if anything). Social listening. A nice sweet set of tools to get a full picture of the conversation around our brand.,Sentiment analysis could improve. In my experience, it's about 60% accurate and doesn't account for subtleties of sarcasm or have machine learning AI. The user interface could be more user-friendly. Sort of intangible feedback, but I found navigation to be tough at first.,9,3,Community management software allows us to optimize resources respond to our customers more efficiently The ability to centralize social activities improves efficiency by consolidating platforms and saving time for employees.,Falcon.io and BufferSolid entry-level product for social media managementSprout Social is being used by one person within our organization's Communications department. I implemented Sprout hoping to streamline our social media efforts and manage all of our organization's social media platforms from one place. I currently have two Facebook accounts, one Twitter account, one Instagram account, one LinkedIn company profile, and a Google Analytics account connected to Sprout.,The social listening capabilities do a great job of providing me with information I need from our target audiences. Customer service is readily available, thorough, and considerate. When I call them with questions, I’ve gotten live people EVERY time, which is rare in the social media realm. The option to shorten links and add photos directly in tweet drafts has helped not only workflow, but it also helps maintain a seamless aesthetic on our Twitter profile. The ability to export calendars into PDFs and send them to campus partners has made workflow for campaigns so much better. I no longer have giant spreadsheets full of posts to send off to other departments for approval. The dashboard is simple and easy to navigate.,Sprout calculates impressions and engagements differently than Facebook and Twitter do natively, so I’m unable to rely solely on the reports pulled from the platform. Sprout’s Instagram integration didn’t suit our needs. Our audiences respond best to posts in real time, so there isn’t opportunity to schedule Instagram posts in advance. With recent privacy changes, I’m not able to like or comment on Instagram posts from Sprout either, so I’ve moved back to using Instagram natively. The integration with LinkedIn company pages is weak; links don’t format correctly, so it’s easier to post natively. Approvals and task assignments aren’t available with the entry-level subscription, and the cost of upgrading is similar to what I could get for a more robust tool like Falcon.,8,1,The single dashboard and scheduling tools have saved me around 5-8 hours per week that were previously spent juggling between browsers.,TweetDeck, Hootsuite Free and Falcon.io,Adobe Photoshop, Trello, Google Analytics, TweetDeck, Facebook for Business, BufferSprout Social - Good basic analytics on a budget.Sprout Social is used to track key social media metrics, monitor social media campaigns, track social media engagement, and provide social media reports to key stakeholders including supervisors, directors, and other executives. Additionally, we used Sprout Social as a way to schedule content and help create a content calendar we could follow.,Scheduling content Aggregating analytics from various social media platforms One-click reporting,Fairly basic interface Analytics are surface level No social listening,6,3,Monitor and increase engagement on owned social channels Easily report on social media activities to higher ups minimal cost so not a huge investment,Hootsuite Pro, Cision PR Software, Radian6 and Crimson Hexagon ForSight,Cision PR Software, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon ForSightGreat Social Platform ManagerMy hotel is unique because we are actually two hotels in one which means we have double the social profiles a normal property does. We use Sprout Social to keep track of all our social profiles and interactions. It assists in making sure nothing falls through the cracks or goes unanswered.,Creating and scheduling posts across a multitude of platforms. Discovering content through RSS feeds and account feeds Discovering potential profiles to follow and manage your following/followers.,Browser compatibility. I use chrome and sometimes the page doesn't fit properly or it gets stuck and won't refresh. The way the pop-ups for scheduling work. Sometimes they look deformed or don't fit on the screen of my full sized laptop. It's odd the way they pop out and don't function properly. The app has a long way to go. It's getting better with every up date, but I wish it was as user-friendly as the website.,10,1,Sprout Social has positively impacted our interactions with guests and potential travelers looking for information because we can answer their questions in a timely manner. Sprout Social has positively impacted the way we are able to schedule campaigns and track their process. There is no direct data to indicate an ROI. We can measure link clicks but we cannot translate that into bookings as of yet.,Hootsuite Free,Google Drive, Apple iCloud, Microsoft Office 2016
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social
Top Rated Award
Showing 69 of 259 Sprout Social ratings and reviews.
August 07, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Get social ROI with Sprout"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you are an agency or run a large social team, Sprout Social is perfect. For a single man shop, it is too robust and expensive to turn an ROI unless you are a social media die-hard. I would also recommend this to any organization that is working with an agency to run social. You can keep your hand on the pulse, assign tasks and keep the entire engagement in an easy to manage interface.
August 20, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "A nice all-in-one social media management tool"

Likelihood to Recommend

For a small social team that wants to consolidate content planning, community management, and social listening, Sprout is perfect.
Adrienne Hardin profile photo
June 04, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Solid entry-level product for social media management"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would wholeheartedly recommend Sprout for basic social media management. Twitter scheduling, social listening capabilities, and being able to export calendars of scheduled posts are all features that have saved me time and allowed me to focus more on strategic efforts. But, if you depend on accurate data reporting, or are looking for something that integrates well with the rest of a team's workflow, Sprout (at least at the premium level) probably isn't the best choice.
Read Adrienne Hardin's full review
Jimmy Mack profile photo
January 22, 2018

Review: "Sprout Social - Good basic analytics on a budget."

Likelihood to Recommend

If you have a small social media team and need a way to quickly and easily monitor your owned social media channels, track conversations on your posts and engage with your fans or followers, Sprout works well. It also is an easy way for users to create high-level reports for higher-ups.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review
Stephanie MacMillan profile photo
December 15, 2017

Sprout Social Review: "Great Social Platform Manager"

Likelihood to Recommend

It is truly a great platform for anyone trying to manage more than three social platforms at a time. I don't think it's worth purchasing for less than three social platforms because of its lack of ROI accountability. I wish it had a built-in tool that could create short links that could then be tracked in the application. Right now it relies on bit.ly and I have to go to an outside site to track links posted.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
Daniela Belevan profile photo
March 23, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Really amazing tool for social media management! Recommended!"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is a very useful tool for social media management. It has made my life easier because now I'm able to schedule posts and generate analytics and reporting for my clients. The only issue is the navigation of the interface, and how overwhelming the platform can become. Other than that, I could recommend it to anyone who handles many social media accounts.
Read Daniela Belevan's full review
April Muller profile photo
December 18, 2017

Review: "Sprout Social easy on the eyes, not so much on the wallet"

Likelihood to Recommend

With its out of the box ease of use, the software is great for small businesses and startups but not priced to be used by them. I would love the ability to have "editors" that aren't full admins so that other people in the organization can get acquainted with Sprout without having full abilities/being charged for an additional seat.
Read April Muller's full review
May 16, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "A great solution for quick, simple social tasks"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is an incredible free tool with limitations. If you're looking to have a more powerful social management platform, there are definitely better alternatives. For quick, simple engagements, Sprout Social is probably most ideal.
Shauna Gallagher profile photo
January 26, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "Entry Level Solution"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is well suited for lower budget, lower mentioned brands.
Read Shauna Gallagher's full review
Fernando Ramirez profile photo
January 22, 2016

"An Honest Review About Sprout Social's Effectiveness"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is well suited for individuals who are not tech savvy or social media savvy.
Read Fernando Ramirez's full review
Michelle Lynn profile photo
January 22, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "A must use tool for social media success!!!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would absolutely recommend this dashboard to anyone in my network. I already have mentioned it to several of my friends and they all want it! I can't tell you how many times people stop and ask me how I was able to gain over 20,000 followers on Twitter (in 2 years) and tweet on average 400 tweets per month generate over 600 engagements. There is no way I would have been able to achieve this kind of success without Sprout Social.
Read Michelle Lynn's full review
Tapan Jain profile photo
December 11, 2015

Review: "Sprout Social - Grow your customer engagement using Social media"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social really scores if you need to manage social profiles for different companies or different departments. As it comes with an inbuilt helpdesk feature to generate and assign tickets and supports collaboration across teams and within the team, it is apt if someone is looking to use social media to resolve customer concerns.
Read Tapan Jain's full review
Olivia Ann Hurst profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "Why YOU should check out Sprout Social!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would tell a colleague - Sprout is the perfect place to manage multiple social accounts. The user-friendliness and stellar customer service will make it an easy to use right away, with minimal training required. For someone who has never used Sprout Social before, knowing that their customer service is always there no matter what can really be appealing and make a big difference! I also like it when social companies have a good presence in the social space - and Sprout Social has exactly that. In the past, I've tweeted with an issue and received a response in 10 minutes or less. That's how you do it!
Read Olivia Ann Hurst's full review
Valentin Vesa profile photo
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "What is the best Social Media management solution?"

Likelihood to Recommend

This is a very well suited solution for teams that are scattered around cities or even countries. Each member of the team is able to see what the colleagues did before him, see assigned tasks and perform accordingly.
The new unified inbox feature allows users to focus on one column where all the messages are being displayed, rather than running across different columns and content filter lists, as other solutions do.
Read Valentin Vesa's full review
Ryan Collins profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "Sprout Social is a top-notch SMMS"

Likelihood to Recommend

Be sure to undergo a tutorial either through Sprout or from someone who understands the service. While it IS easy to understand, there's a slight learning curve that is definitely worth the hour of training. Plus, I recommend connecting their personal channels to the service so they are able to utilize all Sprout features for themselves.
Read Ryan Collins's full review
Ryan Montano profile photo
March 16, 2015

"Sprout Social Review"

Likelihood to Recommend

I would make sure to know exactly how many people and how many networks will be using Sprout. It is easy to upgrade after, but knowing this will help you decide what package is right for you.
Read Ryan Montano's full review
Shonda Ranson profile photo
October 30, 2014

"Seeded in Metrics, Sprout Social Grows Your Strategic Marketing"

Likelihood to Recommend

I recommend this product to colleagues and even bring printouts of the reports to demonstrate not only the social media reach that I've built, but the metrics presented by the tool on job interviews. When considering if the product is right for your organization, think about how easy it is to get the metrics for your key channels. Can you tell when your messages are successful? not successful? and why? Metrics are an essential component of a strong messaging strategy. If you just guess and cast a wide net, you're not only wasting your time, but you're likely turning some of your followers off. Sprout Social lets you see who is interacting with your messages on what channels and in what way.
Read Shonda Ranson's full review
Jennifer Wagner profile photo
October 21, 2014

Review: "Sprout Social: Easy to Navigate for a Novice User"

Likelihood to Recommend

Because I was a novice user and knew very little about Twitter/social media when I first began using Sprout Social, I would rate it as an 8. It was generally easy to learn and adapt to; however, there were times when I had difficulty (i.e. uploading an image to Sprout Social to specifically have post to Facebook). Therefore, beginners should find Sprout Social easy to use; however, they will probably stumble upon a few things they have difficultly with.
Read Jennifer Wagner's full review
Stephanie Spear profile photo
October 16, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Sprout is Okay, But Not Great for Us."

Likelihood to Recommend

If the colleague is using Sprout as a brand to answer questions of their users and engage followers and find potential new followers it might be a great tool. If you need a robust analytics tool, this isn't for you. If you need to tag other users and pages on Facebook, I would not recommend scheduling through Sprout.
Read Stephanie Spear's full review
Haley Holt profile photo
October 16, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Haley's 2 Cents on Sprout"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you're managing multiple clients, make that clear. Also, ask if any integrations with platforms like Pinterest or Instagram will be coming soon.
Read Haley Holt's full review
Annesa L Lacey profile photo
November 04, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Sleek, easy to use, provides premium data"

Likelihood to Recommend

Definitely contact a vendor, as SS has excellent customer service & reps who are very patient & helpful.
Read Annesa L Lacey's full review
Mike Wolfe profile photo
November 04, 2014

Review: "Very Happy With Sprout Social to Manage Our Social Media Accounts"

Likelihood to Recommend

I believe where Sprout Social stands out is in their reporting process. They provide accurate, detailed reports included with your monthly fee, where others charge for reporting. They have made it easy for us to create reports on a regular basis and share them with our clients. It provides a professional, easy to read look and feel.
Read Mike Wolfe's full review
Doreen Nicastro profile photo
October 19, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Growing a social garden one sprout at a time."

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is a solid tool for small and midsize organizations which value social interaction with their audience and wish to measure the effectiveness of engagement on Facebook, Twitter , Google+ and Linked In. Businesses with limited resources will find it a great way to organize social profiles and networks, manage and interact. However with their lack of application integration for example with LinkedIn business pages and groups along with other social applications, like Foursquare, Instagram, Pinterest, it falls a bit short.
Read Doreen Nicastro's full review
Pilcher, MBA Laura profile photo
October 15, 2014

User Review: "All You Need is Sprout Social"

Likelihood to Recommend

Sprout Social is appropriate for every user.
Read Pilcher, MBA Laura's full review
Mckenzie Masters profile photo
June 02, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "SproutSocial - Easy to use and effective. Save yourself some time and utilize Sprout."

Likelihood to Recommend

SproutSocial is definitely more suited for those who have to manage many different pages. For our organization, we have 10 different clients so we have a lot to manage. SproutSocial makes it easy to post content for each client and make sure that everyone is covered. If there aren't a lot of pages necessary, then it wouldn't be that hard to just post the content organically versus through an outlet. Analytics on this website are easy to read so it makes it easy to give out to clients if necessary.
Read Mckenzie Masters's full review

Boolean keyword searches (8)
Filtering out noise/spam (10)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (14)
Audience targeting (14)
Content optimization (11)
Workflow management (13)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (14)
Bulk actions (12)
Lead generation (10)
6.5
Content marketing (8)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (14)
Facebook (14)
LinkedIn (11)
Google+ (11)
Instagram (6)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (14)
Real-time tracking (13)
Competitor analysis (10)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (12)
Mobile access (12)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access