https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGEntry Level SolutionSprout Social is used within our marketing department and customer care department. We schedule content, and reply and engage with customers via Sprout Social.,Sprout Social is pretty intuitive, so it makes it an easy to understand tool for teams outside of our social team to understand and adapt to. Lately, Sprout Social has been adding more features, especially for reporting and specifically Instagram as a channel.,Sprout Social could be adopting to trends faster. Mobile app is clunky for on the go publishing, monitoring and reporting.,6,4,Better Customer Care. Ease of work for marketing team: scheduling content, proficient in day to day.,,5An Honest Review About Sprout Social's EffectivenessThe organization I previously worked for used Sprout Social to do a variety of things. The social tool was used to schedule and manage social posting. We used the social listening tool it has, and the analytic reports Sprout Social allows you to export as PDF files. All of this was done to help manage our clients' social media accounts, and help track their social progress.,Sprout Social has an easy to use interface that allows non-tech savvy people to easily maneuver their way around the tool. Sprout Social allows team collaboration, task management, and progress tracking for your social teams. Sprout Social combines social listening, engagement, and management all into one platform.,For the features and functionality Sprout Social offers, the platform is a bit pricey. While Sprout Social tries act as a one-stop shop social media management tool, it doesn't excel in two of its key features: social listening and social analytics. Sprout Social is a great tool is you're not tech savvy or social savvy. It's easier for you to manage, but that's about it. Creating the value is up to you.,5,,Sprout Social helped contribute to our clients' social followings, but you don't need a social management tool to do that. If you need an easy-to-use social media management tool, then pick Sprout Social. If you need to track ROI metrics, I suggest you do some research. If tracking your social media team's efforts are a business objective, then pick Sprout Social.,Hootsuite Pro, Buffer, Bitly, Spider and TweetDeck,Buffer, TweetDeck,1A must use tool for social media success!!!Currently Sprout Social is used as our Social Media Scheduling Tool and we also use it for compiling some organic metrics.,Very easy to schedule posts for several different social media properties at once Love the ability to view website traffic from Google Analytics within the interface Very clean interface and slick interface! Awesome reporting Very easy to reply to mentions and view who retweeted your content,Can't export scheduled posts from calendar view into excel Wish there was an export to view all your Twitter followers,10,2,Increase employee efficiency We have been able to triple our conversion rate by scheduling more branded content at highly engaged times.,Sysomos and Percolate,Simply Measured, Google Analytics, Sysomos Heartbeat,8,8,9Sprout Social - Grow your customer engagement using Social mediaSprout Social is used to manage various social profiles across the social platforms. Different teams for different departments use Sprout Social to enhance customer engagement and run campaigns. Once integrated with the CRM solution, tickets can be generated for customer concerns on social media and assigned to relevant teams. It also enables scheduling the content to various social networks from a single console and keeping track of what is being discussed about the business across all social media.,Sprout Social comes with a built in CRM which helps agents in more personalized responses to clients in line with their past conversations Sprout Social has a Viral Post feature which has some sophisticated machine learning algorithms at the back end to decide the best time to post content on different mediums so as to get the maximum customer engagement Sprout Social enables to post the content to the correct target segment like a specific organization, geography,industry or a particular institution. The content makes more sense to the relevant people and builds a strong perception among the target audience. Sprout Social also supports bit.ly URL shortener, which makes it easy to post links on Twitter and make your posts look uncluttered. Further, you can track from within Sprout Social that how many people clicked on the link or forwarded the link.,A lot of social networks have been left unsupported by Sprout Social like Youtube and Pinterest. I believe it needs to support every medium to become a comprehensive social media management solution. The ability to schedule content to various social mediums is limited in functionality. It does not let me chose a different time for each day when the content is supposed to be posted. It is not very intuitive to figure out what all messages have already been catered and responded to.,8,Our social media management team size has reduced and customer response turnaround time has reduced We are always aware about the various discussions involving our brand and can pitch in if some clarification is required. This helps in creating the right brand perception and a higher conversion of prospects into customers. Earlier we used to broadcast the content which was not relevant to a lot of people. This was harming our reputation in eyes of customers for which the content was totally irrelevant. Now we can post the content to the right customer groups.,AgoraPulse, Hootsuite Pro,7Why YOU should check out Sprout Social!I absolutely love the Sprout Social's customer service - it's phenomenal! You can always reach a person 24/7 and get a speedy response via email, chat support, phone or even by tweeting to them. I feel pretty sure that at one point, Carolyn (one of their AWESOME customer service reps - she also wears other hats!) was pretty familiar with my name! The dashboard is extremely user-friendly and makes the product extremely easy to use. Although it's rare I have a question about using the dashboard, customer service is always there immediately if I do! Sprout Social is constantly improving their product. I love using their services because I know that this isn't as good as it's going to get (although pretty awesome) - but that they will always continue to one-up themselves! They grasp that social is constantly changing - and they want to provide the best services for their customers as possible. Another awesome thing about Sprout is their app! It's also very user-friendly and comes quite in handy when I'm live-tweeting events for the university. It's definitely extremely helpful in keeping up with our multiple social accounts when I'm traveling, which is frequently.,One of the big things that Sprout Social is lacking is better Twitter analytics. While they do provide great information for my analytics reports, I still feel that they could be pulling in additional data that would be extremely beneficial to users. I really wish that Sprout Social gave users the ability to manage additional social platforms, such as LinkedIn and Pinterest. This would be immensely helpful! Sometimes when I archive messages in my inbox (and I typically average 100-150 a day, if not more), these messages will pop back up in my inbox either later that afternoon or weeks from when the original message was archived. I opened up my inbox this summer and found messages from February that had been previously archived!,9,3,My Sprout Social inbox is never closed, so when I hear a notification I check it immediately. Working in higher education, I'm managing multiple top-level accounts for the university, and Sprout makes it possible for all of that information to come to one place and helps me to quickly respond to people as soon as I receive notification! Sprout Social definitely contributes to my efficiency. Being able to manage, schedule and respond all from one place instead of logging into multiple social accounts is extremely helpful and saves time.,8,1,10,Yes,One time my analytics reports were not reading accurately, so I called and Carolyn responded and began to help me address the issue. After thorough explanation of my problem, she let me know that they were looking at my account and would be in touch shortly about this issue as soon as they looked at the specific problem. I received an email in 15 minutes, saying that the problem has now been fixed, and they asked if I could please check on my analytics reports to make sure the problem was resolved. I did indeed check, the problem was resolved, and I emailed them back to let them know. I told Carolyn to have a great weekend in my email, and although she did not have any further information concerning my account, I received another email from her to wish me a good weekend, too! I appreciated the kind gesture.,Scheduling posts with Sprout Social is extremely easy! I'm also happy that I have the ability to schedule a post to Google+, if necessary. I love the analytics reports - the colors used make it easy on the eyes to read, while still being aesthetically pleasing.,Archiving messages in the inbox can be difficult at times. I receive a large volume almost daily, and sometimes after archiving and clearing my inbox, those same messages will pop up in my inbox later that day. I've also had a situation where I checked my inbox this past summer and had messaged from February that had been previously archived!,Yes,9
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social
Top Rated Award
Showing 61 of 260 Sprout Social ratings and reviews.
Shauna Gallagher profile photo
January 26, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "Entry Level Solution"

Likelihood to Renew

For now, we are OK with what this product has to offer, until we outgrow it, we will stay!
Read Shauna Gallagher's full review
Fernando Ramirez profile photo
January 22, 2016

"An Honest Review About Sprout Social's Effectiveness"

Likelihood to Renew

The price isn't worth the features you pay for. Plenty of other tools do what Sprout Social does for less.
Read Fernando Ramirez's full review
Michelle Lynn profile photo
January 22, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "A must use tool for social media success!!!"

Likelihood to Renew

Much more sophisticated than your typical Hootsuite or Cotweet dashboard. Very easy to understand and teach others to use. Ability to add team members is wonderful. Love this dashboard, I honestly don't know what I would do without it!
Read Michelle Lynn's full review
Tapan Jain profile photo
December 11, 2015

Review: "Sprout Social - Grow your customer engagement using Social media"

Read Tapan Jain's full review
Olivia Ann Hurst profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "Why YOU should check out Sprout Social!"

Likelihood to Renew

The negative reasons I gave Sprout Social this rating is because of my inability to manage additional social platforms such as LinkedIn and Pinterest. I also wish that Sprout would integrate Instagram account and track followers, including likes and comments on photos. I also wish they provided better reporting on Twitter accounts.

Some of my positive reasons include the user-friendliness of the dashboard and services offered. Their stellar customer service is a big reason why I keep coming back - there are too many companies that lack in customer service, so when I find a company that provides the customer service I need, I like to stick with them! Another plus about their customer service - they're always extremely friendly (I've caught Carolyn on a crazy day before and she still was absolutely fantastic) and also ALWAYS follow-up to make sure that your issue has been addressed and resolved. And, on the occasion where my issue was because of user error, they were pretty nice about it!

Sprout Social is perfect for you if you're looking for an easy-to-use but thorough dashboard to manage your social accounts.
Read Olivia Ann Hurst's full review
Valentin Vesa profile photo
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "What is the best Social Media management solution?"

Likelihood to Renew

One you fall in love you do not need continuous reasons for loving her :)
Read Valentin Vesa's full review
Ryan Collins profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "Sprout Social is a top-notch SMMS"

Likelihood to Renew

It's easy to use with a stellar support team. Being able to look at the overall performance of our channels and then take a deeper dive in is great. The RSS feed and bitly integration are just icing on the analytics cake. Plus, their Sprout Insights eBlast is packed with information and helpful takeaways.
Read Ryan Collins's full review
Ryan Montano profile photo
March 16, 2015

"Sprout Social Review"

Likelihood to Renew

I love the UI and UX design of sprout. It is so easy to use and visually pleasing and I have no problem staring at it all day. I connects to most of my social channels and even to my companies google analytics account. I wish it had a connector to other more robust analytics engines like Anametrix, but for what I am doing it works great. Sprout creates visually pleasing reports that wow my executive team. Also, all the data is available via CSV files so I can add it to other reports within the Anametrix platform when needed. No matter how large or small your marketing team is, the scalability, the ease of use, and the great support makes Sprout Social a great tool for any social media manager. There are lots of social media management tools out there: hoot suite, tweet deck ect. These are good, but sprout social has it figured out they understand that UI and UX design are important and do a great job of making the tool easy to use and look at.
Read Ryan Montano's full review
Shonda Ranson profile photo
October 30, 2014

"Seeded in Metrics, Sprout Social Grows Your Strategic Marketing"

Likelihood to Renew

For clear, general-audience-friendly metrics and team monitoring of your social media communications, this is the best aggregate product that I have seen and used for the cost. I liked it so much after the introductory trial that I decided to use this product and pay for the subscription out of my own pocket as a personal investment for my organization. So, while the Standard $40/month doesn't have everything, the items that are missing, I can get for free – just not in the same suite. For example, Google Analytics are free, just not integrated in Sprout Social; and the optimum timing add-on can be done at a much lower cost using tweriod and buffer. When renewal comes around, the choice will be purely around my budget.
Read Shonda Ranson's full review
Jennifer Wagner profile photo
October 21, 2014

Review: "Sprout Social: Easy to Navigate for a Novice User"

Likelihood to Renew

While I am currently no longer working with the company in which I was employed and utilized Sprout Social, I do know that the company is still utilizing Sprout Social on a daily basis and I do not foresee a time when the subscription would be cancelled.
Read Jennifer Wagner's full review
Stephanie Spear profile photo
October 16, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Sprout is Okay, But Not Great for Us."

Likelihood to Renew

I would like to find a platform that offers better and more comprehensive analytics while also offering complete scheduling tools for Facebook and Google +, maybe even Pinterest. I haven't found that yet which is why I haven't switched but as soon as I do, I will switch.
Read Stephanie Spear's full review
Haley Holt profile photo
October 16, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Haley's 2 Cents on Sprout"

Likelihood to Renew

I really like Sprout Social, but I am also using other platforms such as ShortStack, because not only does it allow me to create tabs and campaigns, it also provides analytics. I wish Sprout Social offered at least a mobile or campaign feature.
Read Haley Holt's full review
Annesa L Lacey profile photo
November 04, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Sleek, easy to use, provides premium data"

Likelihood to Renew

Used to it. Easy to navigate. Just enjoy it, is all.
Read Annesa L Lacey's full review
Mike Wolfe profile photo
November 04, 2014

Review: "Very Happy With Sprout Social to Manage Our Social Media Accounts"

Likelihood to Renew

I enjoy the product. Sprout Social is easy to use, has great customer service and above all else, excellent reporting features.
Read Mike Wolfe's full review
Doreen Nicastro profile photo
October 19, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Growing a social garden one sprout at a time."

Likelihood to Renew

Sprout Social is an ideal solution for professionals, small and midsize organizations who understand the social landscape and the value measuring the effectiveness of social campaigns. Organizations that are looking to monitor, measure and engage their audience on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ will find Sprout Social easy to set up and use.
Read Doreen Nicastro's full review
Pilcher, MBA Laura profile photo
October 15, 2014

User Review: "All You Need is Sprout Social"

Likelihood to Renew

I have no reason to not continue using Sprout Social. They have been amazing.
Read Pilcher, MBA Laura's full review
Mckenzie Masters profile photo
June 02, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "SproutSocial - Easy to use and effective. Save yourself some time and utilize Sprout."

Likelihood to Renew

Overall, it's just a great product. It's made our lives simpler and we appreciate the good work that it allows us to do. We love efficiency and SproutSocial makes it easy to create and post awesome content for our clients. Our clients have raved about the analytics we are able to provide them through this site so we will continue to use it. There are still various aspects of Sprout that we haven't tapped into yet and we are still in the learning process. Overall, I would recommend it to those organizations who need to better manage their clients.
Read Mckenzie Masters's full review
Steve Kaplan profile photo
September 16, 2014

"Sprout Social Review"

Likelihood to Renew

Cost per user and the ability for one individual to manage the product without ample training make Sprout Social hard to justify the cost. The training offered by Sprout Social is very useful but internally in our organization the details and specifics make it hard to accomplish all the things possible with the tool.
Read Steve Kaplan's full review
Rebecca Hellwig profile photo
November 07, 2014

Review: "Sprout social is a must have for social media masters!"

Likelihood to Renew

It's just a wonderful tool that has been very helpful!
Read Rebecca Hellwig's full review
Rachel Jensen profile photo
May 08, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Misses the Mark for analytics"

Likelihood to Renew

Quite expensive for two users - would be unwilling to renew since analytics reports are so often incorrect. I will be looking for another option.
Read Rachel Jensen's full review
Jeff Cowens, MBA profile photo
March 21, 2014

User Review: "Sprout Social Dominates This Space"

Likelihood to Renew

Since we're only in the trial period I'm pretty confident we're going to give it a longer test period. Pending approvals we'll be signing on for at least a year. I could see us increasing the user licenses to start to cover more of the properties and get everyone on one platform.
Read Jeff Cowens, MBA's full review
Michelle Hebert profile photo
November 15, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social Has Plenty of Room for Growth"

Likelihood to Renew

I'm likely to renew because it's currently useful in pushing my blog posts to our Twitter feed automatically and I like checking in occasionally to see what new features they're adding.
Read Michelle Hebert's full review
Jencey Keeton profile photo
October 28, 2013

User Review: "Sprout Social as a Social Care Tool"

Likelihood to Renew

We are happy with Sprout and have no desire to change products. We do hope that Sprout is able to provide some of the more advanced features like labeling and sentiment. There are some solutions that are specifically geared for Social Care and are tied into the CRM system.
Read Jencey Keeton's full review
Wayne Pua profile photo
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Great for covering the basics."

Likelihood to Renew

The reporting and scheduling is good enough for what we are doing currently. The interface is nicer on the eyes. I used Hootsuite before and that has a lot of the same mechanics but a not as visual interface as Sprout Social (one plus about Hootsuite is being able to set multiple monitoring tabs on one screen, something that is a couple more clicks away on Sprout Social). To me Sprout Social is great if you are trying to cover the basics of social media, but if your company wants to take it even higher, there are other tools out there (that are more costly of course).
Read Wayne Pua's full review
Lisa Kribs-LaPierre profile photo
October 25, 2013

Review: "Clean, concise and reliable - Sprout Social is where it's at"

Likelihood to Renew

I will miss the nonprofit discount, so I haven't renewed my membership yet, but I definitely will. While very similar tools, Sprout Social is heads above Hootsuite in usability.
Read Lisa Kribs-LaPierre's full review

Boolean keyword searches (9)
Filtering out noise/spam (11)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (15)
Audience targeting (15)
Content optimization (12)
Workflow management (14)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (15)
Bulk actions (13)
Lead generation (11)
6.3
Content marketing (9)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (15)
Facebook (15)
LinkedIn (12)
Google+ (12)
Instagram (7)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (15)
Real-time tracking (14)
Competitor analysis (11)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (13)
Mobile access (13)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access