https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGWhy YOU should check out Sprout Social!I absolutely love the Sprout Social's customer service - it's phenomenal! You can always reach a person 24/7 and get a speedy response via email, chat support, phone or even by tweeting to them. I feel pretty sure that at one point, Carolyn (one of their AWESOME customer service reps - she also wears other hats!) was pretty familiar with my name! The dashboard is extremely user-friendly and makes the product extremely easy to use. Although it's rare I have a question about using the dashboard, customer service is always there immediately if I do! Sprout Social is constantly improving their product. I love using their services because I know that this isn't as good as it's going to get (although pretty awesome) - but that they will always continue to one-up themselves! They grasp that social is constantly changing - and they want to provide the best services for their customers as possible. Another awesome thing about Sprout is their app! It's also very user-friendly and comes quite in handy when I'm live-tweeting events for the university. It's definitely extremely helpful in keeping up with our multiple social accounts when I'm traveling, which is frequently.,One of the big things that Sprout Social is lacking is better Twitter analytics. While they do provide great information for my analytics reports, I still feel that they could be pulling in additional data that would be extremely beneficial to users. I really wish that Sprout Social gave users the ability to manage additional social platforms, such as LinkedIn and Pinterest. This would be immensely helpful! Sometimes when I archive messages in my inbox (and I typically average 100-150 a day, if not more), these messages will pop back up in my inbox either later that afternoon or weeks from when the original message was archived. I opened up my inbox this summer and found messages from February that had been previously archived!,9,3,My Sprout Social inbox is never closed, so when I hear a notification I check it immediately. Working in higher education, I'm managing multiple top-level accounts for the university, and Sprout makes it possible for all of that information to come to one place and helps me to quickly respond to people as soon as I receive notification! Sprout Social definitely contributes to my efficiency. Being able to manage, schedule and respond all from one place instead of logging into multiple social accounts is extremely helpful and saves time.,8,1,10,Yes,One time my analytics reports were not reading accurately, so I called and Carolyn responded and began to help me address the issue. After thorough explanation of my problem, she let me know that they were looking at my account and would be in touch shortly about this issue as soon as they looked at the specific problem. I received an email in 15 minutes, saying that the problem has now been fixed, and they asked if I could please check on my analytics reports to make sure the problem was resolved. I did indeed check, the problem was resolved, and I emailed them back to let them know. I told Carolyn to have a great weekend in my email, and although she did not have any further information concerning my account, I received another email from her to wish me a good weekend, too! I appreciated the kind gesture.,Scheduling posts with Sprout Social is extremely easy! I'm also happy that I have the ability to schedule a post to Google+, if necessary. I love the analytics reports - the colors used make it easy on the eyes to read, while still being aesthetically pleasing.,Archiving messages in the inbox can be difficult at times. I receive a large volume almost daily, and sometimes after archiving and clearing my inbox, those same messages will pop up in my inbox later that day. I've also had a situation where I checked my inbox this past summer and had messaged from February that had been previously archived!,Yes,9What is the best Social Media management solution?I began searching for a Social Media Management and Monitoring tool when I realized that I was finding it increasingly difficult to create the content, manage the outgoing messages and also monitor our social media venues effectively. It came down to Sprout Social. It is being used by the Marketing Department, specifically the Social Media group.,Simple to understand visual reports: the kind you can just SEND to managers, without the need to EXPLAIN what they mean :) A robust scheduling platform so you can arrange the content for the week according to your publishing topics and still be allowed to manually intervene when/if needed Being cloud-based and also available for smartphones and tablets allows for reliability: you'll always have some form of access to your material and venues, no matter where you are. When we first started using SproutSocial they were still showing the "posted via" signature on Facebook, now it is gone. So the experience users see and live is made to look like it just came from a human, not by a scheduled machine, which is a great personal touch. With LinkedIn Pages support in the building, they'll surely add another important platform to their portfolio.,Add YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr Offer a freemium model,10,1,Cut down budget for having multiple persons on specific digital venues Better employer branding as we manage all of our job offers through Facebook too Allows for a proper corporate presence on social media, making sure that each (supported) venue is covered,,10,1,live feed from our events (Twitter, Facebook) managing our daily social media feeds nline contests: we are able to calculate the time-stamp of any message, based on the publish time we set in SproutSocial for each,I still remember the face of our Marketing Director when I showed him the smart inbox and all those mentions of us :) I was also surprised by the multiple use of the word "iQuest" out there. So many websites and digital venues were using it and Sprout Social discovered them :),add teams and allocate specialists: one person for Twitter, one for Facebook etc. They can all work in the same app but on specific venues they are best at using.,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,Would not chnage anything,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,nothing significant,10,Online training,10,10,Yes,Yes, it was 1-2AM, I was preparing for a meeting the next day where I had to present the past 6 months for all digital venues. I remember planning the design of the reports and then it hit me: I could just easily use the amazing designed PDF reports Sprout Social was producing and show them those. Great choice! Went back to sleep and nailed it the next day in the meeting room.,reporting smart inbox,keywords (would rather have a drop-down where I can select my own variations/combinations, then write things like "keyword -from @username etc),Yes,10,8,10,10,10,Method of payment,Try to be honest and true about your business and objectives. They will not try to upsell crap to you, so the more you open in an initial approach and let them know your needs, th ebetter your profile will be matched against a solution that vest fits your needs.Sprout Social is a top-notch SMMSSprout has an excellent support system. When we submit a ticket, a representative responds typically within an hour. They're even reachable by phone. Sprout's analytics are easy to understand for newbies to social media metrics. It strikes a great balance between advanced users and beginners. The RSS reader and bitly integration is fantastic and convenient!,It would be great to see additional platform support, like Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn. I know Sprout is limited by each platform's API though.,9,Sprout gives its customers a true look at their social performance. Instead of pulling numbers from organic searches and within each platform, Sprout compiles the data into digestible percentages. The teams and task functions allow for easy management of other users, which is wonderful from a social media team standpoint.,9,8,No,Yes! Just the other day, a colleague was having problems with connecting to Sprout. Within twenty minutes a Sprout rep had fixed the issue. Great experience.,8Sprout Social: Easy to Navigate for a Novice UserWhen I was actively utilizing Sprout Social, it was on a daily basis for a small magazine and coinciding website. Daily, I would post news stories/articles on the website as requested by the company's owner. In addition, I was required to also post these stories to Twitter and Facebook as a means to direct traffic to the story on the company's website. Multiple news stories/articles were posted on the website daily, therefore it was essential to schedule the tweets and posts to Facebook so that our followers would not be bombarded with information all at once. In a company with employees from all around the world, Sprout Social was an essential and effective tool that each employee could use despite the varying time zone differences. Our tweets and Facebook posts were all scheduled to post via EST, thus making for great organizational tool for all employees.,Superb Organizational Tool: As an editor, I was able to easily schedule the company's website content (i.e. articles and news stories) via Sprout Social to publish on Twitter and Facebook at a specific time so that readers and social media followers would not be bombarded with stories all at once. Simple and Effective Marketing Tool: The use of hashtags via Twitter and Facebook allowed me to direct our content to specific people in specific locations. Also, being able to schedule content, via Sprout Social, from the website to post on Twitter and Facebook helped to drive readers to the company's website. Adaptable for all types of users with different backgrounds: As an editor with a writing background, I was unfamiliar with social media and marketing when I first began working for the company in which I was employed. However, Sprout Social is simple to navigate and it provides users with helpful tips and instructional elements to better understand how it works.,As a basic user, I did not delve into any of the perhaps "complexities" of Sprout Social. However, there were times when I would schedule content to publish on Facebook or Twitter and it would indeed not publish. Therefore, immediate notification of error would be helpful. When I first began using Sprout Social, I did find it difficult to understand how to incorporate an image to post to Facebook. While I did teach myself how to do it, the steps were a bit confusing upon first use. Therefore I would recommend simple image uploading to improve Sprout Social use for beginners.,When I was working for the company in which I utilized Sprout Social, I did see immediate feedback when sending tweets to specific users, as I was able to schedule tweets to go out to those people when I knew they'd be "awake" despite differences in time zones. Sprout Social helped the company grow in regards to gaining followers on Twitter (as we were able to schedule our tweets for go out at specific times), and schedule posts for Facebook did drive our followers to the company's website to see the original content.,8,,8,9,,10,Scheduling posts to publish on Twitter Scheduling posts to publish on Facebook Implementing hashtags to reach target audiences,Uploading images to publish to Facebook,8Sprout Social Has Plenty of Room for GrowthSprout allows me to schedule all of my Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+ posts (including photos) from the Messaging module. Sprout also allows me to use an RSS Feed to push blog posts to my Twitter account automatically. With the discovery tool, Sprout allows me to search for new customers with keywords or phrases. "Cleanup" allows me to see which Twitter users are inactive and who isn't following back so I can prioritize who to engage with. The Twitter Comparison tool allows me to compare my twitter account to competitor accounts, allowing me to keep an eye on what kind of content engages our market the most.,Sprout might see a vast increase in their number of clients if they implemented the ability to link a Pinterest account. Also, (and I know I'm reaching really far with this one), if Sprout paired up with Pinterest and implemented a batch upload tool for Pins in their scheduling module-I would do so much happy dancing. SO MUCH DANCING. Facebook Reports: Vague. For example, on my current facebook report I see "Facebook Impressions" and beneath that, the word "Check-In" and the number 2.2k. What is a Facebook Check-In? How does that information help me? Perhaps developers could take a look at implementing the new Facebook Insights into the SS reports. Here's what I want to know when I see my report--Who shares and likes our content the most? Who should I reach out to? Let me link Facebook contests so I can get a specific report on how the contest is doing and how many fans we're engaging. Twitter Reports: Also vague. I want to see who shares our content the most. I see how many mentions and retweets I received, but that just strokes my ego. What I want to know is--who should I keep reaching out to and engaging with and who am I annoying? ;) Google Analytics: Doesn't show correct information. Mine doesn't allow me to plug in a date past March 13, 2013 for report purposes. It also continues to tell me that it "doesn't have any data for me yet." Could be a glitch on my end though so I can't say fairly either way. LinkedIn and Google+: I don't personally use LinkedIn or Google+ very much, but it makes sense to me that if you're offering reports for Facebook and Twitter, perhaps reports should be included for those two platforms as well. It'd be great to add Facebook and Linkedin to the Discovery section so we're not just limited to finding new Twitter users. Also, it would be amazing if, when new people were suggested as connections for us, their Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and/or Pinterest accounts were all available as options to follow/like/connect with in just a few clicks. That might be a little too creepy to implement, but it would be soooo nice. ;) Currently, the RSS Feed can only push my blog content to Twitter and it would be really great if I had the option to push it to Facebook and/or to Google+ and LinkedIn as well. (And Pinterest. Am I pushing too much? Pin-ter-est. Pin-ter-est. Pin-ter-est!) *Really though, Pinterest drives five times the traffic of all other social media platforms to our website. It just makes sense to get in on it!) Why is there no Facebook comparison tool?,5,1,Ultimately, I only use SS to push my blog posts to my twitter account. I stay on with them because I like the design and user-friendliness of SS the most. I'm also very interested to see if and how they keep growing. I have high hopes for them.,,7,1,Scheduling posts across multiple social media platforms ahead of time. Pushing blog posts to Twitter. Finding new connections on Twitter.,Pushing our blog posts to Twitter.,If Sprout Social implements any ideas from my review, there will be a HUGE number of ways that I will be able to ue Sprout Social. (pssssst, PINTEREST!!!!),Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,I wouldn't. The only way that I can get a feel for any product is to sit down and use it for a while, so I'm happy with the process.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,No issues at all. I purchased it and started using it right away. Linking my accounts was super simple and I was able to start scheduling posts immediately.,10,No,10,No,When I first thought about signing up, I had questions about the different types of accounts offered. I called and spoke with one of their support members, who walked me through the different types and worked with to figure out which would be best from what I needed. She was super helpful and patient and I felt better about moving forward with my purchase after that conversation.,All of the functions are very easy to use.,None,Yes, but I don't use it,10
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social
Top Rated Award
Showing 16 of 260 Sprout Social ratings and reviews.
Olivia Ann Hurst profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "Why YOU should check out Sprout Social!"

Usability

Sprout Social is extremely easy to use and would only require minimal training for a new user. They have many features and functionalities that I absolutely love. I can't speak highly enough of their mobile app! As I've mentioned, this app has been a life saver when I've been traveling and have been unable to access a desktop.
Read Olivia Ann Hurst's full review
Valentin Vesa profile photo
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "What is the best Social Media management solution?"

Usability

There is no flaw in usability.
Read Valentin Vesa's full review
Ryan Collins profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "Sprout Social is a top-notch SMMS"

Jennifer Wagner profile photo
October 21, 2014

Review: "Sprout Social: Easy to Navigate for a Novice User"

Usability

As a novice user, I was able to navigate Sprout Social very well, especially in regards to how I was required to use it for the company in which I worked for at the time. It was easy to understand and use. I generally did not have any problems.
Read Jennifer Wagner's full review
Michelle Hebert profile photo
November 15, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social Has Plenty of Room for Growth"

Usability

The design and interface is simple and clean. Everything is labeled clearly and just makes sense.
Read Michelle Hebert's full review
Lisa Kribs-LaPierre profile photo
October 25, 2013

Review: "Clean, concise and reliable - Sprout Social is where it's at"

Usability

At Sprout's affordable price point, the usability is hands down above the rest.
Read Lisa Kribs-LaPierre's full review
Megan Gallagher profile photo
October 29, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Optimized Our Social Media Team- Saves Team Time, Proves Value To Clients"

Usability

Its the best social media program I have used in the past 4 years. Easy to learn and easy to use. Great customer support
Read Megan Gallagher's full review
Alanna Howard profile photo
October 25, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Use Sprout when you need to report, measure and schedule engagement all in one place"

Usability

It is a clean, and appealing interface, with lots of commands, but in an efficient layout. Not sure if it has a mobile presence, but unless it's on an iPad, the type of work Sprout can do is more meant for a laptop/desktop setting.
Read Alanna Howard's full review
Bryden McGrath profile photo
October 24, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Solid for Agency Use"

Usability

Very slick. It's easy to get where you're going -- even discovering features when first using it was a breeze. The tabs across the top of the interface also make it simple to get from one place to another quickly. Extra points for solid mobile apps and its iPad app.
Read Bryden McGrath's full review
Steven Weitzman profile photo
January 13, 2014

Sprout Social Review: "Don't Doubt Sprout"

Usability

Based on all of my previous answers... it's very user friendly, efficient and useful.
Read Steven Weitzman's full review
Lizzie Maldonado profile photo
August 13, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "SproutSocial — Stick to Reporting for a Satisfying Experience"

Usability

Everything, and I mean everything, about this tool is bulky and slow-loading. Whereas tools like Buffer, ViralHeat and others are lightweight and extremely easy to use, SproutSocial's load-time, margin for 404 errors, and overall UX is lagging behind. One example: Within the "Discovery" tab, following each user recommended to you takes a matter of seconds just to load, after you find the tiny "+1" button to follow that user. It's not an incredibly visually appealing platform either. But the reports are beautiful, easy to produce and highly effective.
Read Lizzie Maldonado's full review
Sarah Zibanejadrad profile photo
October 23, 2013

Review: "Sprout Social is A Member of Our Marketing Team"

Usability

It takes some getting used to and I'm sure there are ways we don't fully utilize it, but it does the job.
Read Sarah Zibanejadrad's full review
February 22, 2013

Sprout Social Review: "Data analysis inadequate for an agency."

Usability

It wasn't that the UI was particularly poor. It was more a matter of not being able to do what I wanted. For example, I really wanted to be able to set up dashboards with different KPIs for different accounts. This was not possible.
December 05, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "Good, simple publishing tool."

Usability

The publishing is intuitive and gets the job done, but the listening is lacking in basic functionality and reporting is lacking in sophistication.
November 30, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "Affordable and effective."

November 12, 2012

Sprout Social Review: "No real presentation layer."

Usability

The software is very intuitive. I’m able to drill down into specific things or get an overview. Nothing difficult to figure out. I only had to call support once, and once they showed me, I understood immediately.

Boolean keyword searches (9)
Filtering out noise/spam (11)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (15)
Audience targeting (15)
Content optimization (12)
Workflow management (14)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (15)
Bulk actions (13)
Lead generation (11)
6.3
Content marketing (9)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (15)
Facebook (15)
LinkedIn (12)
Google+ (12)
Instagram (7)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (15)
Real-time tracking (14)
Competitor analysis (11)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (13)
Mobile access (13)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access